• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I really like it. Do you have a version that doesn't have the faux-folds? Is that what they are?

Thanks. Here it is without the aging:

tumblr_m2p1i8qUAM1rsjot3o1_500.png

That is really really awesome! :D

Thanks!

Looper poster is amazing. Black widow poster is amazing.

Walen's hawkeye face is full of fail.

I want the black widow one. Can't wait to see the rest.

I like it better without the aging, but it's prolly cause I don't know what Looper is.

You should post your designs on EB if you want to be noticed. I think a number of artists have made it to Mondo or G1988 from there. I know for sure peeps from both Mondo and G1988 lurk there all the time. Likely how JC Richard has been hit up as well.

I like it better without the aging, but it's prolly cause I don't know what Looper is.

You should post your designs on EB if you want to be noticed. I think a number of artists have made it to Mondo or G1988 from there. I know for sure peeps from both Mondo and G1988 lurk there all the time. Likely how JC Richard has been hit up as well.

Looper is the time travelling killer movie with JGL+willis. There's a thread here. I can't wait for it. Oct or NOv 2012.

Meier

Avengers prints just went live.

Snagged a Black Widow.

Shit, I am stuck in loading when going to check out. I'm sure I've missed it... added that Page Monitor thing but didn't get a notification or anything so I didn't reload til I got the text. Too late clearly.

omgkitty

Ugh I didn't get one. The amount of people going after Moss prints is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost impossible and I'm using page monitor. I literally went there right as it popped up and the website was already clocking.

Axiom

It is hard to put into words just how bummed I am I missed out on Black Widow. This has not been my day AT ALL

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I got to the page well before they posted the notice on Twitter, and I still didn't get it. Bad luck of the draw on the server request, as I was waiting for the page to load for way too long.

Oh well. I really am starting to have way too many posters as is.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Had Page Monitor set up, got the notification a few seconds before the tweet, got stuck where Meier did (in cart, trying to Proceed to Checkout). Could've been my office internet connection (home is way faster).

Damn. More and more I realize how lucky I was to get the Totoro print.

Does it help or hurt to have it loading in multiple tabs once you have it in your cart?

Sigma722

Ugh I didn't get one. The amount of people going after Moss prints is absolutely ridiculous. It's almost impossible and I'm using page monitor. I literally went there right as it popped up and the website was already clocking.

This. Fucking this.

I was ON it. Added to cart. Skip to checkout. Server dead.

FnordChan

Yep, the same thing happened to me on the Black Widow print. I had in the cart and was partway through the check out process when the page stalled out for a while and, bam, sold out. Ah well.

FnordChan

omgkitty

The amount of time you have to get a poster when it's another artist and when it's an Olly print is absolutely stupid. Most prints you can get a hold of if you want them bad enough, but not when it's for him.

3 on the bay already

The amount of time you have to get a poster when it's another artist and when it's an Olly print is absolutely stupid. Most prints you can get a hold of if you want them bad enough, but not when it's for him.

It really depends on the film or such usually. Most prints sell out just as fast if it's something popular.

Meier

Had Page Monitor set up, got the notification a few seconds before the tweet, got stuck where Meier did (in cart, trying to Proceed to Checkout).

Damn. More and more I realize how lucky I was to get the Totoro print.

No kidding! Totoro was the first Mondo poster I'd bought.. got hooked since then. We had the chance to buy Moon in the store but kind of balked at $40... if only we'd have known how rare it was and how much it would cost later. I had no clue at the time just how lucky I was.

LOL already 11 on bay

I am surprised that they're "only" priced at around $300. I would think the first listings would be closer to $500.. I imagine they could get that pretty easily.

Yea I doubt they will last long at that price. Anything Moss usually goes for much higher. Almost feel like buying one just to resell at the higher prices it will no doubt demand soon.

No kidding! Totoro was the first I've bought.. got hooked since then. I had no clue at the time just how lucky I was.

I paid an arm and a leg for my Totoro Variant last month because I missed it the first time. Since then, I have greatly trimmed off the precious seconds off my check-out process and have been able to get a couple of drops successfully.

Happy to say I got my first Moss print off Mondo today. :)

FnordChan

We need to re-name this thread the "No-Poster-For-You Support Group".

Leshita said:
Happy to say I got my first Moss print off Mondo today. :)

Make that the "No-Poster-For-You Support Group / Victorious Bragging Rights Society". Congrats on snagging a sweet drop!

FnordChan, who won't be truly bereft until he misses the upcoming vinyl drops

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Speaking of which, is eBay the best place to sell these? I'm moving and I may need to let go of a few of these posters.

Hell, I might be willing to let go of more than a few if it could fund a Totoro print.

omgkitty

Well at least I'm sure most people will be able to get a Hawkeye poster if they want it.
That print is so ugly

Speaking of which, is eBay the best place to sell these? I'm moving and I may need to let go of a few of these posters.

Hell, I might be willing to let go of more than a few if it could fund a Totoro print.

What do you have that you're considering getting rid of?

Meier

I imagine you could always post some here and sell to other GAFfers who may be interested.. save yourself some fees. Otherwise, eBay would probably be the best route. I imagine if you live in a biggish city, you could always go the Craigslist route as well.

Expressobeans also works, plus you can skip the eBay fees.

We need to re-name this thread the "No-Poster-For-You Support Group".

Make that the "No-Poster-For-You Support Group / Victorious Bragging Rights Society". Congrats on snagging a sweet drop!

FnordChan, who won't be truly bereft until he misses the upcoming vinyl drops

Hah, it is part of the thrill of the hobby: victorious bragging rights mixed with bitter tears society.
I sure did cry bitter tears when I missed the Totoro drop... and then again when I had to pay the amount I paid last month. I still need to frame the thing too. :'(

I was in a dilemma during today's drop because I really really had to go to the washroom (no additional details) and I thought the drop would have occurred earlier (camped on the computer since 7:20 am this morning)... in the end I ran to the washroom and finished my business and cleaned up as quickly as possible (less than 2 minutes) and the drop was within 3 minutes after I came back. :p

suplex

a swing and a miss

got it in cart as soon as it went up, cruised all the way to final checkout, which then loaded super slow and plop sold out

the streak continues since they updated the site

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I imagine you could always post some here and sell to other GAFfers who may be interested.. save yourself some fees. Otherwise, eBay would probably be the best route. I imagine if you live in a biggish city, you could always go the Craigslist route as well.

Expressobeans also works, plus you can skip the eBay fees.

Good advice all around, thanks. I'll definitely offer them up here first. I'd rather see them go to a loving home than get max profit or anything.

The problem will be picking which ones to let go.

omgkitty

I was wondering if people think it would be more fair if Mondo had some sort of clock system on their checkouts? Like if you get into your cart, you have like 5 minutes to checkout or something and it counts against the total so you don't have tons of people with items stuck in their cart and never get anything. I guess kind of like Ticketmaster does (yes I know they're terrible).

I just registered on this site. It's like a whole new world is open to me. Thank you.

No prob, I just started frequenting there since the Totoro drop, though I registered on there earlier than that for something else (which I can't even recall now). :)
What I really cannot wait for is the next Ghibli Mondo drop (think it will be Porco, or maybe I misremembered). :D

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I was wondering if people think it would be more fair if Mondo had some sort of clock system on their checkouts? Like if you get into your cart, you have like 5 minutes to checkout or something and it counts against the total so you don't have tons of people with items stuck in their cart and never get anything. I guess kind of like Ticketmaster does (yes I know they're terrible).

Probably, but my impression from the site is that it's pretty bare bones, and they might even like it that way. Whoever is in charge of the site design either doesn't know, or they simply don't want to do it that way.

Whether we like it or not, they deal in scarcity. They do well with it.

bengraven

I think when they start making Hobbit posters, I'll try and snag my first one. I doubt I'll be able to get one and I really really doubt I'd be able to afford one anyway. ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom