• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

I ended up getting 1 3-pack (really thought about 2)

There's only a couple that I really want (reg Snake and Ico), but I'm sure it will be much easier/cheaper to trade for them (with a little cash if necessary) than to try to buy them outright after the sale ends.

I wouldn't mind getting Aeris or Link either, I'm just not sure I'd go after them if I don't end up getting them in the three pack. Ico and Snake I definitely would.

I know what your saying, my absolute must have's are the two snakes. I'm happy with most of them but will end up trading cash and or two prints to get that set complete. Ico and Link are both amazing as well so out of my 6 hope to get at least two of my most wanted.

Bii

What I want is Link and/or Tingle. As long as I get one of them, it doesn't matter what the rest are in the 3-pack since they're all amazing.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
What I want is Link and/or Tingle. As long as I get one of them, it doesn't matter what the rest are in the 3-pack since they're all amazing.

you have a pretty good shot at Link. If you don't get one, let me know as I imagine I'll have extras of him

Was ready to buy a bunch of 3 packs but decided just to buy one single print.

It's like the Pokèmon starters feeling all over again... Love it.

Basically, I don't care what I get but if I get the "orange box", I claim a personal victory.

I bought 12. Would've bought more if I had the money. Damn you for doing this pre-comic-con Olly!!

At least I saved 50 cents! Might get two boxes of lemonheads tomorrow =D

Sigma722

I'll be ordering several 3 packs myself. If any of you aren't fans of FFVII, I'd love to trade towards an Aerith to go with my Cloud. Fingers crossed.

I'm quoting this so you all know I'm super cereal about this.

I ended up only ordering 2 packs because I've been spending way too much lately.

Almost decided to just buy an aerith after market since I think the edition size will be identical to Cloud.

I guess technically my wife is probably getting me a pack or two, and possibly mother for my birthday.

ANYWAYS.

Do. Want. Aerith.

omgkitty

I ended up only ordering 2 packs because I've been spending way too much lately.

Almost decided to just buy an aerith after market since I think the edition size will be identical to Cloud.

I guess technically my wife is probably getting me a pack or two, and possibly mother for my birthday.

ANYWAYS.

Do. Want. Aerith.

The game?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

ANYWAYS.

Do. Want. Aerith.

for all of our sakes I hope Olly sells enough of these so that Aerith and Tingle have decent edition sizes.

omgkitty

I'm sitting it out, but obviously Raphael is the best turtle.

Nah son.

Ninja%20Turtle%20Leonardo%205.gif

rinemy

Banned
hmm wow so apparently you can get it for a lower cost on ebay for the iam8bit edition.
Englert's price on the AP is a bit on a costy side so I'll be sitting out on this one.

Sigma722

That's an impressive wall behind you there. Mind taking pics of that???

It's my retro room <3

I've added the dreamcast and n64 boxes. And also have this random dbz statue thing that I won my first time in Japan. But before that, it was pretty much this (plus like 10 other games to the right not pictured):

Also, on the wall not pictured I have "The Big N" by Zac Gorman. Eventually going to hang up a bunch of other gaming art. Someday will have the Moss Mario/zelda, and his doodles. Also have the stout sleeping dogs variant, but I don't know if it'd be right to hang it down there.

Sigma722

exactly my point

Meeeh. The point of the room is to play old consoles as they were meant to be played.

Would have felt weird to have an hdtv down there, even after knowing about this scaler. Plus, I'd want an HDTV that is 4:3, so it falls apart there again.

I'll probably keep the scaler in mind for the future though, cuz it is really neat.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Meeeh. The point of the room is to play old consoles as they were meant to be played.

Would have felt weird to have an hdtv down there, even after knowing about this scaler. Plus, I'd want an HDTV that is 4:3, so it falls apart there again.

I'll probably keep the scaler in mind for the future though, cuz it is really neat.

honestly, the scaler slays a CRT. you get a giant, wonderfully clean image. I'd never go back after getting it. it's so god damn good. and you can go RGB via Scart too with many of the old consoles

Jhriad

honestly, the scaler slays a CRT

Seeing old consoles on a KV-27FV310 with proper inputs makes me skeptical. I am intrigued though as I'd would rather play everything on the HDTV if the IQ remained as high quality as on a good CRT.

On topic I'm rather excited about the Olly Moss 3 packs. They'll be my first limited edition prints (other than some acquired through Kickstarter rewards).

Meier

So the Chris Kohler who did the Samus and now the Pit is not Chris Kohler (ckohler) from this forum and Chris Kohler from Wired.. right? What an odd coincidence.

I have a Squirtle that will be available for trade going forward with the new Olly Heroes release.

So the Chris Kohler who did the Samus and now the Pit is not Chris Kohler (ckohler) from this forum and Chris Kohler from Wired.. right? What an odd coincidence.

No. Different people. The one who did Samus and Pit is Chris Koehler. There's an e in the last name. And speaking of which....

6/27/2013:

Game & Print Club Print #8: A Hero's Return by Chris Koehler

aherosreturn.jpg

Game & Print Series. Print #8.

Pre-Requisite: You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least Own at least 1 Kid Icarus title and/or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again.)

Size: 10"x8"

Printing Technique: Giclee

Paper: Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival

Printed by: Giclee Today

Edition Size: Timed, hand-numbered, limited edition. TBD. hand-Embossed.

*This is a pre-order. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.*

Sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date on our releases: http://eepurl.com/uRZJf

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint on 6/27/2013 from 12 AM Pacific - 6/30/2013 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
As long as I at least get Chief and a MGS one I'm good. Wouldn't mind Freeman too.

I honestly don't know who some of the later characters were, so someone should post who they all are/what they are from. :p

teeg

I have a Squirtle that will be available for trade going forward with the new Olly Heroes release.

I would like to trade for that Squirtle. I hope I get one of the ones you really want.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Snake - Metal Gear
Gordon Freeman - Half Life
Link - Zelda
Master Chief - Halo

Fox McCloud - StarFox
Dhalsim - Street Fighter
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
Ico / Yorda - ICO

Ellie / Joel - The Last of Us
Jill - RE1
Chop Chop Master Onion - Parappa
Snake in a Box - MGS

Aerith - FF7
Tingle - Zelda Series

Meier said:

Same. I'm going to be using the same frames from my Pikachu / Squirtle, so I'm gonna be getting rid of that little blue beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom