• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinemy

Banned
eh im still debating on whether i should go for the olly's blindboxes or not.
Really feel like I would just tape it up on my cubicle rather than frame it

Sushigod7

between Cel and myself, I think all of you guys should be able to get the non-Aeriths/Tingles you want. :-/

at an appropriate ebay inflated mark up.

Thanks guys! I'm up for trading Aerith and maybe a Tingle to get the few I want. I wouldn't mind getting a Pokemon since a few of those are floating around. This is going to be very interesting.

Budich has a new screen print today pretty cool stuff only 14 are left right now $40 + S/H
iqL0YonAQs8cZ.jpg

http://www.joshuabudich.com/store/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thanks guys! I'm up for trading Aerith and maybe a Tingle to get the few I want. I wouldn't mind getting a Pokemon since a few of those are floating around. This is going to be very interesting.

I can probably hook up any and several of the non Aerith / Tingle if you get one of them, so Ill hold you to that!

Sushigod7

All I'm after is Snake + Cardboard Box or Master Onion. I'd be easily willing to trade mine away to get those.

I wish I had the cash for all of them but not right now have to conserve a little in case we get Spirited Away next month if we don't I might buy some second hand from you guys.

omgkitty

Budich has a new screen print today pretty cool stuff only 14 are left right now $40 + S/H

http://www.joshuabudich.com/store/

No one buy this please. He completely fucked up the quote and the name of the print, and when asked about it, he refused to admit he was wrong. "Like tears in rain" is what it should have said.

No one buy this please. He completely fucked up the quote and the name of the print, and when asked about it, he refused to admit he was wrong. "Like tears in rain" is what it should have said.

I wouldn't be interested in a Blade Runner version where Michael Cera is filling in for Harrison Ford anyway.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Now I want to see a mash-up of Blade Runner and Singing in the Rain.

omgkitty

Which is weird, seeing as he managed to nail all the other likenesses. I only takes one mistake to mess up a print. Well, two in this case.

Ehhh Rachel could definitely be better. It's disappointing too because I really want to like this. I enjoy the color scheme, but if you're making a print for something and you can't even get something simple like the quote in the image correctly, it's like what's the point? Blade Runner is my favorite film, and I can't hang this without being annoyed every time I see it.

suplex

I only wound up buying one pack, but the ones I'm looking for are more common, so if I don't get the ones I want I figure I should be able to trade for them.

B33

Banned
I ordered one pack of prints.

What's the plan for trading the Olly Moss Heroes Blind Box prints? Do you guys plan on conducting trades over EB or through this thread?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A few of them are sold out most are still up this is my favorite but can't swing it now after the Moss pick ups. I see some people are trying to sell the Moss patches they gave out last night for free on eBay for ridiculous amounts. What's wrong with people.

iKSmklzrYq18G.jpg

it's sad. I'll treasure that Moss patch. i wish i could get an artist one to go with it!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I ordered one pack of prints.

What's the plan for trading the Olly Moss Heroes Blind Box prints? Do you guys plan on conducting trades over EB or through this thread?

trading here with GAFers for sure if anyone gets an Aerith or Tingle and wants any/most of the other ones.

really it's wherever I can go to make sure I get those two (and any others I miss)

rinemy

Banned
Spirited Away next month? How presumptuous!
one can only hope :)

On another note,
here are 3 SDCC Prints

“Boushh Character Key” by Peter Ferk Edition of 250 8'' x 6'' $39
SWOTCKBSH_1.jpg

“Construct” HALO 4 Giclee Print by Robogabo edition of 117 13" x 19" $89
HLOLTD21P.jpg

“The Android’s Dungeon” by Dave Perillo silkscreen print 12"x24" $50
SSK02SS.jpg

Right now there is pre-orders for SDCC Pickups. I might get one of each, if anyone is looking to get some I can pick it up for you, for cost.

Sushigod7

Guys for the commission I'm trying to get a idea of what you would purchase. Do you want to see realistic type MGS or a more imaginative approach? We are contacting artists but might help narrow things down if I knew what you guys would buy and wouldn't. Some styles lend themselves better than others to subjects. If we go with old school Metroid type is more imaginative ok I don't know if anyone wants a realistic Samus suited up or not? Just thinking out loud.

If we definitely go with MGS, I think I'd want it to be something a bit more imaginative and stylized. It's hard to imagine anything too realistic without wanting it just to look like Shinkawa's art. I think the artists we end up having available makes a big difference, though. I mean, I'd almost lean toward other subjects depending on who the artist ends up being.

Although, now that I think about it, a realistic Ansin Metal Gear Solid would be incredible (obviously that's probably never going to happen, but damn!).

Jhriad

but if you're making a print for something and you can't even get something simple like the quote in the image correctly, it's like what's the point? Blade Runner is my favorite film, and I can't hang this without being annoyed every time I see it.

So you're okay with the omission of 'will be' but find a problem with the addition of 'the' in the quote? If you're going to get up in arms about something being accurate then I'd assume you'd want to be angry about the prior part as well. The quote is, "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."

Ugh, why do they have to do Halo 4? Cortana looks really bad too.
Superior design of the Chief. He looks great in every piece. Even in the SDCC exclusive. But Cortana looks off. She does not fit. I mean Halo 4's Cortana does look good if she is correctly done and Robogabo is able to do it. (see Awakening: The Art Of Halo 4) In "Construct" she looks like a complete new character way off from her design in Halo 4.

Anyway I got the 'Await' lithograph waiting to get framed here. I love it, even if it gets a bit hate from the community.

Furthermore I'm hoping Bungie will release more lithographs of Destiny. I loved the previous Halo ones and I missed them all out...

Trasher

Superior design of the Chief. He looks great in every piece. Even in the SDCC exclusive. But Cortana looks off. She does not fit. I mean Halo 4's Cortana does look good if she is correctly done and Robogabo is able to do it. (see Awakening: The Art Of Halo 4) In "Construct" she looks like a complete new character way off from her design in Halo 4.

Anyway I got the 'Await' lithograph waiting to get framed here. I love it, even if it gets a bit hate from the community.

Furthermore I'm hoping Bungie will release more lithographs of Destiny. I loved the previous Halo ones and I missed them all out...

Superior design? Meh. Halo 4 chief looks so off to me. Would rather get art with the original trilogy of the game, and without prints that feel they have to take up a fifth of the whole thing labeling it as "4" at the bottom.

orioto

Good Art™
Haa stop posting crazy posters, i cannot post my shit after that :p

Anyway i didn't want to post this kind of poster here cause it's not really graphic or design, and i don't want to spam neogaf with my things everywhere. But it's not really working (Maybe Shige is right about FZero lol!) and there are 2 days remaining so let's go for this one:

Kerrinck

Anyway i didn't want to post this kind of poster here cause it's not really graphic or design, and i don't want to spam neogaf with my things everywhere. But it's not really working (Maybe Shige is right about FZero lol!) and there are 2 days remaining so let's go for this one:

I really regret not getting your Panzer Dragoon print since it's one of my favorite franchises, shame I was a bit broke at the time.

Sushigod7

Awesome work!!

LaneDS

I do not think a single person in this thread would complain about you sharing your work orioto.

p.s. that F-Zero piece is rad.

Kerrinck

You're making me feel bad about that now :p

Thx Sushigod7

Haha definitely not intended. Hopefully I can grab one in the aftermarket for a nice price. Kinda rare to see prints for Panzer Dragoon which is odd since it has such amazing art in all of the games.

And please don't stop posting your work, love to see the designs.

orioto

Good Art™
Haha definitely not intended. Hopefully I can grab one in the aftermarket for a nice price. Kinda rare to see prints for Panzer Dragoon which is odd since it has such amazing art in all of the games.

And please don't stop posting your work, love to see the designs.

I'll do a thing now i think. If someone cannot buy the poster in the week it's available, he can send me a mail or a pm here or elsewhere, before the end of the sale, just to tell me in due time. Then after that i'll have a proof of the "reservation" and he can buy it later, even if it's not available publicly on the store anymore.

I don't think there will be any aftermarkets haha!

orioto

Good Art™
Orioto, really digging your stuff. Once again you picked another great game!

What do you plan on doing next?

Thx!
Well i want to do a TLOU this week but it's a little late now.. I didn't have time to start.
It's meant to be a kinda demake, 16/10, but with my new style, more like the Sonic one with plein colors and geometric shapes.
With Giraffes and stuff :)
And i'm still working on the first part of my FFVI biiig fresco ( 3 widescreen posters).
There are lots of things i want to do.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
42dbd79f122704360480b1e9_526x800.jpg

On sale tomorrow.

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 230. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Jeez I love Durieux's work.

Trasher

Thx!
Well i want to do a TLOU this week but it's a little late now.. I didn't have time to start.
It's meant to be a kinda demake, 16/10, but with my new style, more like the Sonic one with plein colors and geometric shapes.
With Giraffes and stuff :)
And i'm still working on the first part of my FFVI biiig fresco ( 3 widescreen posters).
There are lots of things i want to do.

!

Nice!

What's like your top three list of what you want to do (obviously not including what you just listed)? Just curious haha.

Sushigod7

42dbd79f122704360480b1e9_526x800.jpg

On sale tomorrow.

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 230. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Jeez I love Durieux's work.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure I have seen this film but this print is amazing. I believe this was the cover for the Criterion Collection Blu wasn't it? edit: yes it is

orioto

Good Art™
!

Nice!

What's like your top three list of what you want to do (obviously not including what you just listed)? Just curious haha.

What i did for the Sonic fresco, could be done with lots of games, Zelda Lttp, Mario, StarFox, Mario kart even! .. But those frescos take some time! I'd like to make one with Mario 64 for a change! This style allow me to play with 3D games.

Trasher

What i did for the Sonic fresco, could be done with lots of games, Zelda Lttp, Mario, StarFox, Mario kart even! .. But those frescos take some time! I'd like to make one with Mario 64 for a change! This style allow me to play with 3D games.

Those would all be sweet with that style. I would definitely get a Mario Kart one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom