• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Hey guys, what's going o---

fcdJOcn.gif

Sushigod7

Sorry been out of town today working haven't been able to check in.

Having too much input coming from all over the place makes things really confusing. I think we should leave it up to Sushigod7 & jstevenson to be in charge and present things to Olly. Sushigod7 cause he started the commission and jstevenson because he has a solid rep on this forum and has worked with Olly in the past.

There's already plenty of suggestions. We can tally up the most popular ones from the ones gathered thus far.

I'm kinda keen to do MGS properly.

Looks like we might have a subject?

Metal Gear would certainly be the fave. But I think the majority of us would be most into getting something YOU really would want to do, and by commissioning it, helping to enable you being able to put it on your schedule.

I'm happy to help facilitate however (corralling folks, coordinating with printers, dealing with getting addresses etc, handling the shipping) or whatever though to make it as easy as possible.

I'm certainly down for doing whatever I can I can deal with all the back end things (coordinating payments, addresses, shipping) if you can help with printers I have no idea where to start with that part of things. I guess if Olly can let us know for sure if he can swing things I don't think any of us expect it in a month or two I'm fine with waiting awhile like end of the year or next year if we have too. I'll send a PM.

For the record, I'd be in as far as contributing for the commission. Also, I'd vote MGS, but would honestly be up for anything Moss'd do if he'd go for it.

I would be willing to be part of the commission as well. Here's my vote

Metal Gear Solid
Chrono Trigger
Halo 1
Super Metroid
Half Life 2

Mainly cause it's so hard to find anything amazing of those games, which is silly considering how amazing those games are.

Clipjoint

Olly doing MGS...once that gets out on the Gaming side we'll probably end up with 1,000 requests to be on the list.

Can we cap it at a certain number? Maybe 50 max?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Olly doing MGS...once that gets out on the Gaming side we'll probably end up with 1,000 requests to be on the list.

Can we cap it at a certain number? Maybe 50 max?

Olly doing anything is still completely up in the air. However, I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of cap, regardless of the artist.

Sushigod7

I don't think we can limit things to much if Olly is on board I'm good with whatever. If we use another artist then maybe we can narrow things down but half the fun of the commission is giving the artist a subject and letting them run wild with ideas. IMO anyway. We definitely will have to cap the print we are up to 30 right now and that is if everyone actually participates. I would assume 50-100 maybe the artist would want a few for personal use?

teeg

I've been lurking this thread for a while. Hi everyone!

I'm interested in the commissioned piece but have been hesitant to add myself to the list because I didn't want to commit to something I haven't seen, or even know the subject of.

But this talk of placing a cap on numbers has made me want to be added to the list. So I'm interested in the piece pending on the artist/game chosen.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, this is all up to Olly himself. I think if he does do something, the people here should have first dips, then open up later requests to gaming side.

Looking at DL screenprinting page a five color 50 print run starts at 1400 dollars.

I am not a fan of limited runs, but logistics would be a nightmare to the guy running the delivery.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
No need to just settle on Olly either. Not that it's actually settling mind you. It's amazing he'd even consider it.

I'm just saying it doesn't hurt to talk to any artist willing to listen. Worst possibility is a "no".

If we are serious about this, i think we need to figure out a budget for the commision and then book an artist. I think if we can say we can offer X it would be easier to get artists to say yes?

omgkitty

If we are serious about this, i think we need to figure out a budget for the commision and then book an artist. I think if we can say we can offer X it would be easier to get artists to say yes?

Most artists will have a price already set and limitations on how many can be printed and things like that.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I am opposed to capping it, honestly.

Regardless, any discussion about run sizes and availability needs to be cleared with the artist, especially if someone like Olly does a piece.

Salamando

I suspect there'd have to be some kind of cap, if for no other reason than to keep IP lawyers from getting mad about it.

If I'm not on whatever list we currently have compiled, I'd like to be.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hopefully I'm around when they go up, I'd grab the 3 pack hoping for Metal Gear, Half-Life, and Halo.

I'd be willing to trade with you all too, Halo is my most wanted. :p

Trasher

Definitely framing a 3 pack together.

Yeah, I'd be down for trading with people here so we can all hopefully get what we want. Halo is my #1 as well. Then Link and Fox.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I will end up having extras of the common ones if you guys want only one or two in particular. I just ordered a bunch of 3 packs.

Jhriad

So it looks like Olly's doodles are going to be a timed-edition "Blind box" style release. You get one of the following at the listed "odds".

http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/117093534/percentages.jpg[/IMG]

On sale now until June 21st at Midnight.

Single Pack:
http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/product/heroes-blindbox-series-one-single

3-Pack:
http://ollymoss.bigcartel.com/product/heroes-blindbox-series-one-three-pack

Went ahead and bought two of the 3 packs.

Hoping for Snake, Cardboard box, Aeris, Last of Us, Link, and either Gordon or Ico. I'll be willing to trade any of the others (or duplicates if my second pack has duplicates to the first).

Salamando

Placed an order for a 3-pack. Pretty much the only ones I don't want are Master Chief and Dhalsim, so I'll happily trade those away (if I get 'em).

I just ordered a three pack. I'm hoping for Halo, Link and Star Fox. (I have the greatest precious memories with these franchises. Especially with Halo.) Thankfully those belong to the most common ones. I'm willing to trade the others. (Except Metal Gear Solid)

Trasher

I just ordered a three pack. I'm hoping for Halo, Link and Star Fox. (I have the greatest precious memories with these franchises. Especially with Halo.) Thankfully those belong to the most common ones. I'm willing to trade the others. (Except Metal Gear Solid)

Why you gotta copy me, bro? Those can't be your favorites too!

IronRinn

Probably wind up grabbing a few 3 packs at the end of the week. Will no doubt have a few extras or prints for games I'm less interested in to trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom