• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrinck

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not sure I have seen this film but this print is amazing. I believe this was the cover for the Criterion Collection Blu wasn't it? edit: yes it is

Same here. Seems like it's pretty short and can easily be found on youtube.
I will try to find some time later tonight to watch it though I am on a bit of a budget for now so I will probably pass on it even if I love the movie.

Sushigod7

What i did for the Sonic fresco, could be done with lots of games, Zelda Lttp, Mario, StarFox, Mario kart even! .. But those frescos take some time! I'd like to make one with Mario 64 for a change! This style allow me to play with 3D games.

You need to hook up with Cel/Mockingbird to do Game & Print Club piece.

On a separate note came across this today via Imagine FX magazine, I wouldn't usually promote a Kickstarter project here but this is pretty cool and relates to the thread I think.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magnusrex/time-2-re-invent

The artist (Francis Tsai) that inspired the project got ALS which left him paralyzed. He painted with his feet when he lost the ability to use his hands and now paints with his eyes via a special program. Many artists and friends were inspired by him (how can you not be?) and put together their art with his in this book. There are print reward levels doesn't look like screen prints though. Either way this book is full of great artist Ben Zhu (artist, owner of Nucleus Gallery) Stephen Chang (worked on Force Unleashed) plus many more who are all amazing artists. I just backed at the physical book level but debating getting one of Tsai's prints.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Haa stop posting crazy posters, i cannot post my shit after that :p

Anyway i didn't want to post this kind of poster here cause it's not really graphic or design, and i don't want to spam neogaf with my things everywhere. But it's not really working (Maybe Shige is right about FZero lol!) and there are 2 days remaining so let's go for this one:

I love that F-Zero. When will you have it up for purchase?

orioto

Good Art™
I love that F-Zero. When will you have it up for purchase?

Hhhmm sometimes i feel i'm really bad at giving informations :p No surprise nobody buys anything lol.

It's available now, it has been since last wednesday and will be until wednesday night (paris time).

This is the link

>>>>>+++[HERE]+++<<<<<

Sorry i cannot make it blink :p
:p

Sushigod7, we talked a little already, maybe we'll do something someday!

Trasher

Ummm... Have you guys seen this poster? I almost feel bad sharing but you guys have always been nice to me ;)

942335_613699118647900_26674726_n.jpg

Oddcitystore.com is releasing this beauty tomorrow. It's limited to 225. There's also a variant and metal edition coming as well. More info here : http://www.nerdist.com/2013/06/art-snob-odd-citys-pacific-rim/

Looks sort of familiar...hmmm.

Meier

Odd City is based here in Austin as well. A friend of mine showed me some tasters for Pacific Rim quite awhile ago after they'd acquired the license. I love that design.. it's really sharp.

Kalren

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Just came across this on EB..

This is some official Journey art from Cook and Becker. Sounds like super high quality giclees.

Where to buy:
http://www.candb.com/en/artcollectivegallery/19/thatgamecompany.html

All come signed by either the Art Director Matt Nava, game designer Jenova Chen, or both and come with COAs

Run from $185-$195. Except for one large edition that is like $400.

Edition sizes range from 20-50 each.

Examples:

Wow those are awesome. I wish I had the funds. I haven't even played the game though either haha, except for watching a friend for like 5 minutes.

LaneDS

It's a shame they cost as much as they do, as I'd like to get one of the warm colored one to frame alongside one of the colder images, but justifying one was hard enough.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm assuming these will get printed at Static Medium in LA like the Pokemon were, so chances are they could be printed even on the Mon/Tues the week of SDCC itself and then couriered to him (I'll do it Olly! ;-) [no seriously, if you need me to....])

He said the villains set would be smaller, so assume he's got 30-50% of them done with those 3 (guessing 6-9 villains total... maybe less?).

I think the goal was to have the heroes printed by that point too, even though they may not have been shipped.

Sushigod7

I'm assuming these will get printed at Static Medium in LA like the Pokemon were, so chances are they could be printed even on the Mon/Tues the week of SDCC itself and then couriered to him (I'll do it Olly! ;-) [no seriously, if you need me to....])

He said the villains set would be smaller, so assume he's got 30-50% of them done with those 3 (guessing 6-9 villains total... maybe less?).

I think the goal was to have the heroes printed by that point too, even though they may not have been shipped.

This is heart breaking since I'm not going to SDCC, lol

Salamando

Looking into properly framing some of my prints...does anyone know of chain stores that carry acid-free backing, or am I stuck looking on the internet?

Sushigod7

Looking into properly framing some of my prints...does anyone know of chain stores that carry acid-free backing, or am I stuck looking on the internet?

If your just picking up backing I buy mine from Michael's the craft store, do you have one of those or Hobby Lobby near you? JoAnn Fabrics?

Sushigod7

Moss's last few villains

ilGi032l4dzrS.jpg

Collection Mr. Moss is taking to SDCC.

I think the last "villain" is Tom Nook from Animal crossing he said on a tweet the other day he was going to draw him. That's my guess anyway

ibygzeyGqUO52c.jpg

Salamando

If your just picking up backing I buy mine from Michael's the craft store, do you have one of those or Hobby Lobby near you? JoAnn Fabrics?

I have Michaels and Joann Fabrics, but last time I went looking for acid-free boards I left empty handed. I can't remember if it's because I just couldn't find it or they didn't have anything big enough for what I wanted it for (24"x36").

Sigma722

I have Michaels and Joann Fabrics, but last time I went looking for acid-free boards I left empty handed. I can't remember if it's because I just couldn't find it or they didn't have anything big enough for what I wanted it for (24"x36").

You might want to talk to a worker there. They might only have pieces in the back for framing, but they should be able to still get you some.

teeg

Collection Mr. Moss is taking to SDCC.

ibygzeyGqUO52c.jpg

Is anyone planning on attending SDCC that is willing to pick up a Robotnik and/or Tom Nook for me? I'd gladly trade one of my Blind box Hero's when they arrive (I ordered 2 3-packs), or pay via PayPal. PM me and we can work out details.

Meier

I would KILL for a Tom Nook so I hope that's true even if I won't be at SDCC. My wife (whoa, that's weird!) is a massive fan so it'd be awesome to surprise her with it.

Sushigod7

Wow next month is going to be expensive!

On a side note anyone have a Tom Whalen Wizard of Oz they want to sell? I'm trying to pick one up for a gift.

winstano

If anyone going to SDCC could pick me up an Ocelot, I'd be willing to either pay cash money or swap one of my blind box heroes :) PM me if there's a possibility, would be mega grateful

Sushigod7

ahhhhhh I love it wish I could have scored the Totoro too.

First day of my vacation, but still managed to snag a Durieux 'US to Europe by Air" AP Variant:

US_TO_EUROPE_BY_AIR-VARIANT_AP.jpg

Anyone else pick one up today? Regs still available here

You'll love this one in person it's amazing. Wish I had the funds to order another in the reg version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom