• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/10/2013:

Gremlins by Drew Millward

17629ab759caa546f17e161e_533x813.jpg

Poster by Drew Millward. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 210. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Deadly Spawn by Phantom City Creative

58ade7fe90852ba2986cc06a_533x711.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 160. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

7/10/2013:

Man of Steel Artist Proof Edition by Ken Taylor

f8671149e2c6ac870559b78c_533x301.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 20"x36" screen print. Hand numbered AP Edition of 60. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $100

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ a random time.

Man of Steel Variant Artist Proof Edition by Ken Taylor

2f798ff5dac367d0234a0992_533x301.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 20"x36" screen print. Hand numbered AP Edition of 43. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $125

How to buy online: http://www.postersandtoys.net/servlet/Categories?category=New+Stuff @ a random time.

Fletcher

Mondo comic-con drops on Friday. Let's see hell break loose.

Whoops. Yes it's supposed to be 60.

I wonder how quickly these pre-orders will sell out? I know a number of people buying Mondo prints at comic con had no idea what they were buying. Just saw the line and jumped in. And considering this should cut out a lot of those buyers and is solely for people going, I'm curios. Gonna be bummed/pissed if people buy these not really reading the rules and i miss out. Man. Now I'm anxious. Want that Moss(both) and Struzan.

I just heard the Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle variants are both dropping at SDCC. Excited and a bit sad that my wallet will take a pounding in a distant future when I actually got money. ;p

Still need to get me that Mononoke Variant too to complete my Ghibli collection.

Sushigod7

I just heard the Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle variants are both dropping at SDCC. Excited and a bit sad that my wallet will take a pounding in a distant future when I actually got money. ;p

Still need to get me that Mononoke Variant too to complete my Ghibli collection.

Well the good news is the regular edition of the prints is still being sold online via Mondo so you have a chance to get one there as well. Should be interesting can't wait to see everything they have at the show.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So are the Moss Ghibli regular edition prints going to be available online on Friday, or at a later date yet to be announced?

Wasn't expecting there to be 2. My wallet is crying right now...

edit: also was expecting Spirited Away to be in the same style as Totoro and Mononoke, so that's quite a surprise too

Sushigod7

You guys are napping this morning:

tFZR30r.jpg

Wow I'm so happy this is a departure from the other two, I'm really excited to see the regular edition colors. Super super excited to see Howl's, Olly you nailed this can't wait to get this on the wall.

So are the Moss Ghibli regular edition prints going to be available online on Friday, or at a later date yet to be announced?

Wasn't expecting there to be 2. My wallet is crying right now...

At a later date per Mondo

Mondo said:
3) SPIRITED AWAY variant and HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE variant by the one and only Olly Moss with Olly signing in person on SATURDAY 7/20. (The regular edition of these posters will be available ONLINE at a later date.)

edit:
ibqDMCBUH3TAYP.jpg

LaneDS

Gotta be honest, I don't like the Spirited Away print as much as I had hoped to (I think the Howl one is better, but prefer Spirited Away as a film).

That said, will still try to get one once it becomes available online.

Sushigod7

Beautiful.

I don't expect to get my hands on one of these though.

You could grab one second hand or try for the online reg drop. To be honest if Spirited Away reg is blue or green instead of red I'll prefer that one matches the atmosphere of the movie better. Howl's could go either way I'm not worried about the Japanese text just looking for color's that I like more. The details on these are pretty extensive, can't wait to see them close up.

IronRinn

Based on the previous two in the series, I'm pretty surprised by these. I figured Olly would keep the same motif throughout. Very nice, regardless. Do we know if the dimensions are the same as the others?

Edit: I love the Dark Tower and I'm just disappointed as hell by that Struzan. Talk about a boring piece.

Edit the Second: Looks like 20"x36". That's good. Pretty easy pass on Comic Con stuff for me. Will save up and hopefully score the two Ghibli regulars online.

rinemy

Banned
Olly's stuff - Like
(Howl looks better IMO but Spirited Away is the better movie)

Tong's PR - Like

Vania PR - Like
(Similar to Von Schlippe's Terran Medic Art)
Starcraft_Terran_Medic_by_VonSchlippe-992x500.jpg

Thorp PR - Meh

Trasher

Anyone remember when the Olly cards are supposed to start shipping? I thought he mentioned 3-5 weeks after they went up for sale, but I can't remember.

Fletcher

By Thorp's wording on his blog it sounds like he did one more poster from Mondo for comic con. Pretty stoked to see what it is.

Meier

Just got home from my honeymoon in Japan. SO THRILLED that they will have some Spirited Away and Howl prints online too! :) Spent a boatload at the Ghibli Museum.. snagged this shirt which will always be a wonderful reminder. :)

95bcf4eae54a11e2913d22000a9e2892_7.jpg

Couple other pics..

Sadly you can't take pictures inside the museum or I would have taken a million. I did take this video of walking up the stairs outside to the roof to see the Laputa robot: http://instagram.com/p/bXu_-XKoEB/

Sushigod7

Nice Meier! Looks amazing can't wait to one day take my daughter there and walk up to see the Laputa guard ourselves. Nice shirt too!

Does anyone have any experience with selling framed prints? I've been trying to sell them locally for the past few months but haven't gotten serious inquiries. I've also tried listing them on EB as well but no luck. I could sell them without the frames but then I'd be stuck with just the frames, which sort of defeats the purpose(selling them because I'm moving soon). Anyone have any ideas?

Sushigod7

Does anyone have any experience with selling framed prints? I've been trying to sell them locally for the past few months but haven't gotten serious inquiries. I've also tried listing them on EB as well but no luck. I could sell them without the frames but then I'd be stuck with just the frames, which sort of defeats the purpose(selling them because I'm moving soon). Anyone have any ideas?

How big are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom