• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Mondo prints dropping at SDCC, info: HERE

aliens-taylor-regular.jpg

Taylor - Aliens

aliens-taylor-variant.jpg

Taylor - Aliens (Variant)

predator-thorp-regular.jpg

GAF Favorite Ash Thorp - Predator

predator-thorp-variant.jpg

Ash Thorp - Predator (Variant)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what is all confirmed for Comic-Con? I have a buddy going and could ask him to grab me something. Just not sure if there's anything I want.

Meier

Huge fan of Ken Taylor but not much of a fan of that print. The placement is just kind of off to me. The variant of Predator is pretty good but I'm not in love with the standard version.

IronRinn

I've been on vacation. Did we agree on a print? Is the artist Ash Thorp? I have no idea, but put me on the list if there is one Mockingbird.

Trasher

I've been on vacation. Did we agree on a print? Is the artist Ash Thorp? I have no idea, but put me on the list if there is one Mockingbird.

NeoGAF Ash Thorp Commission for Metal Gear Solid is a GO!

20130622213313NeoGAF_logo_zps0a204778.png

I need a list of people who are IN

Assuming the price per print is $50, do you plan to purchase a NeoGAF commissioned Metal Gear Solid print by Ash Thorp? It will be an 18"x24" screenprint.

Please don't list your name unless you commit to purchasing. I need a solid list of people to determine price. The more people, the cheaper the price. Does not include shipping costs.

List of people in:

1. Mockingbird
2. jstevenson
3. omgkitty
4. vitaminwateryum
5. iamalegionnaire
6. DrAndonuts
7. Meier
8. Sushigod7
9. Bii
10. Sigma722
11. Hypertrooper
12. Kerrinck
13. Agent Dormer
14. Clipjoint
15. CorporateClown
16. Vyrance
17. Greyvvolf
18. Ramirez
19. newjeruse
20. keiichi
21. Egnirys
22. therealminime
23. Technosteve
24. Kalren
25. I should be doing hw
26. Salamando
27. lupinko
28. ()_listerfeend_()
29. Auron_Kale
30. Scyn
31. Deadly Cyclone
32. Deadly Cyclone's +1
33. Crazypanda_85
34. rinemy
35. rinemy's +1
37. kaskade
38. rikichi
39. kaizoku
40. Mockingbird's +1
41. deadbolt1388
42. Riptwo
43. Trasher
44. Zozobra
45. BreakyBoy
46. LaneDS
47. Dreweyes
48. Fletcher
49. fallengorn
50. tanuki
51. Slacky
52. tm24
53. BaronLundi
54. b3b0p
55. Captain Blood
56. airblade
57. I_Am_CC
58. smuf
59. Moss
60. Loctope
61. Omie
62. Filthy Slug
63. abq
64. Slacky's +1
65. Zeouterlimits
66. VGChampion
67. ColonelSkills
68. vitaminwateryum's + 1
69. My Name Is Luke
--------------------------

I think Mock is updating this quite often as far as the list goes.

Sushigod7

We will let this run probably till we do the down payment on the 23rd. The total number doesn't make to much of a difference. Of course the more we have the less we all pay.

LaneDS

Going by Mockingbird's list the +1s are already included in the total. If we REALLY want to make sure we've got 75 we could post something in OT / Gaming.

I think mentioning it there should only happen once Mockingbird collects down payments and gets a sense of who is on board and who isn't. It'll be easy to get 75 interested gaffers either way.

I'd like to keep it at 75 so let's keep to this thread. I'll go in for a +1. I have a friend who is obsessed with Metal Gear like me, but isn't on Gaf. Will make the perfect gift!

Sushigod7

Anyone go last night to SDCC? I assume today is when most will be going, we need pictures of the Moss set up and all those villains!

I'd like to keep it at 75 so let's keep to this thread. I'll go in for a +1. I have a friend who is obsessed with Metal Gear like me, but isn't on Gaf. Will make the perfect gift!

75 would be cool (we're at 74 right now), but keep in mind that if we were to pay more, the artist would be able to put more time into it as well.

I don't want people to feel left out and I think it'd be nice to send the artist a bit more money. He really cut us some slack with the pricing as we're on the lowest end of his usual paying gigs.

What I'd like to do is after 75, I'll put people on a separate list and we'll see from there -- but instead of lowering the cost further I would like to keep our cost the same while increasing the amount that goes to the artist.

Going to talk to ash today after his signing. So if any neogaffers are here at SDCC come meet up! His signing starts at 5 PM. not sure when it ends (I assume 6?)

LaneDS

75 would be cool (we're at 74 right now), but keep in mind that if we were to pay more, the artist would be able to put more time into it as well.

I don't want people to feel left out and I think it'd be nice to send the artist a bit more money. He really cut us some slack with the pricing as we're on the lowest end of his usual paying gigs.

What I'd like to do is after 75, I'll put people on a separate list and we'll see from there -- but instead of lowering the cost further I would like to keep our cost the same while increasing the amount that goes to the artist.

Going to talk to ash today after his signing. So if any neogaffers are here at SDCC come meet up! His signing starts at 5 PM. not sure when it ends (I assume 6?)

I'd rather pay whatever it'll cost so the print matches the quality of the other samples posted... I'm not sure if your post is implying that since we got a good deal we're looking at a less thought out effort, which I sort of doubt, but I figure it's better to voice the opinion than not.

Fletcher

Anyone go last night to SDCC? I assume today is when most will be going, we need pictures of the Moss set up and all those villains!

If we can get up there. I waited in line for around two hours for the Mike Mitchell prints and the person in front of me bought the last MacReady JLU. I was able to snag the Jabba and the Bird. and that was preview night with NO Olly.

ooof. Here we go.

Sushigod7

I'll pay him double what we are estimating to make sure his every effort goes into to making this as beautiful and detailed as his others. I don't think he is going to slack off as an artist he isn't going to put out sub-par work on a commission though. It sounds like he loves the the series as much as we do.

edit: I don't think you are implying that just saying I'm happy to pay more!

I'd rather pay whatever it'll cost so the print matches the quality of the other samples posted... I'm not sure if your post is implying that since we got a good deal we're looking at a less thought out effort, which I sort of doubt, but I figure it's better to voice the opinion than not.

Oh, no definitely not a less thought out effort! I'm saying we got a good deal and I'd to send him more. But also, in regards to that, the Pacific Rim Job with all the details and backgrounds that spread out over two 24"x36" posters would be a lot more time consuming that he would naturally have to charge more, if you know what I mean. So if we were to want something on a grander scale, naturally it'd cost a lot more since there are bills that need to be paid and it'd be heavily time consuming.

LaneDS

Oh, no definitely not a less thought out effort! I'm saying we got a good deal and I'd to send him more. But also, in regards to that, the Pacific Rim Job with all the details and backgrounds that spread out over two 24"x36" posters would be a lot more time consuming that he would naturally have to charge more, if you know what I mean. So if we were to want something on a grander scale, naturally it'd cost a lot more since there are bills that need to be paid and it'd be heavily time consuming.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I know I'd pay more for a more detailed effort, but I realize I'm one out of 75 or so interested gaffers. I'm also sure it'll be rad regardless, and thanks again for organizing this!

lupinko

I'm up for paying more if that means an even more awesome design, kudos for Thorp even taking up the commission, the fact it's Gray Fox as well as potential for metallic inks and 24x36".

jordisok

Terminator print is lovely, SDCC only?

Happy to pay more re: MGS print if needs be! Especially if we're already getting a good price.

Trasher

Damn. The Olly villains sold out incredibly fast. My roommate got the very last card which was a G Man. The Skull Kid was the first one to sell out. He got me the Heroes print though. Hoping to snag Ski Free when I'm there tomorrow.

Sushigod7

Damn. The Olly villains sold out incredibly fast. My roommate got the very last card which was a G Man. The Skull Kid was the first one to sell out. He got me the Heroes print though. Hoping to snag Ski Free when I'm there tomorrow.

Yeah not surprised no way to get one now except flippers. I guess my Snake will have to live without his Ocelot. lol

edit: Whole villains set on eBay $399.99, fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom