• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrinck

Yeah not surprised no way to get one now except flippers. I guess my Snake will have to live without his Ocelot. lol

edit: Whole villains set on eBay $399.99, fuck that.

Christ that's expensive. Was hoping to snag Dark Souls and Colossus later on.
Hopefully the price drops, $399 is insane.

newjeruse

Where do we stand with those Olly 5x5s which were to be mailed out. Kinda lost track of the time table when I ordered mine. Has anyone received theirs?

Trasher

Where do we stand with those Olly 5x5s which were to be mailed out. Kinda lost track of the time table when I ordered mine. Has anyone received theirs?

They haven't been mailed yet. Seems likely they will be mailed out next week perhaps once Olly is done with SDCC stuff.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

I believe the estimated shipping time was 3-5 weeks?

My payment is listed on Paypal as being on June 19th, so they'll likely be shipped out next week after all the SDCC commotion has died down. Unless of course Olly isn't shipping them, in that case they could be shipping out this week.

Sushigod7

I believe the estimated shipping time was 3-5 weeks?

My payment is listed on Paypal as being on June 19th, so they'll likely be shipped out next week after all the SDCC commotion has died down. Unless of course Olly isn't shipping them, in that case they could be shipping out this week.

They are being printed and shipped from the states so they will probably go out this week. He said they would't make it before SDCC so we should see them soon. Let the trading begin then!!

This thread updates faster than I can read sometimes, but willing to pay more for the MGS print if we get metallic inks for Gray Fox. That would be rad.

J-Man

I haven't read the thread in a long while, but I'm definitely down for a $50 Metal Gear print. I'm in if there are still spots!

I've updated the number to 79. You can still get on the list if you've yet to. I just gotta reconfirm with ash in regards to the edition size being over 75. Pretty sure it'll be cool. I'm going to keep the price / person the same so the artist can get more money with more people joining in.

Sushigod7

Nice. That sounds good to me. Maybe other artists will flock to our commissions after they see how well this one does. :)

I'd like to do another commission based on a movie if you guys want another one once we get this one complete. We had interest from other artists they just weren't fans of Metal Gear.

edit: On a side note how much were the Moss Villains at the show?

LaneDS

My Journey print apparently arrived today from Cook & Becker... trying to decide on how I want to get it framed. Will post some pictures once that happens.

Sigma722

My Journey print apparently arrived today from Cook & Becker... trying to decide on how I want to get it framed. Will post some pictures once that happens.

Post pictures before it's framed ;) I wanna see. Still tossing around that purchase. Really want.

Kerrinck

Jock's The Thing
http://www.fearnet.com/news/news-article/mondo-presents-sdcc-thing

the_thing_jock_regular.jpg

the_thing_jock_variant_0.jpg

Sushigod7

After digging around for awhile looks like MTV talked about them and showed it off someone over at EB has pics from the live feed. The vinyl itself was pink on the one they looked at. Looks amazing it will be my first vinyl purchase since the 80's.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
After digging around for awhile looks like MTV talked about them and showed it off someone over at EB has pics from the live feed. The vinyl itself was pink on the one they looked at. Looks amazing it will be my first vinyl purchase since the 80's.

I think I missed something--are these getting released online eventually?

Sushigod7

They mentioned on FB the Vinyl go on sale July 26th.

I hope to god they have enough of these, I might have to buy a couple so I can frame them. I wonder when they are going to tell us about Spirited Away and Howl's reg editions. I hope they are later in August I need to save up and schedule a day to be at home to get them.

rinemy

Banned
The Kid Who Draws (Alexander Iaccarino) has his Cowboy Bebop poster I teased awhile back finished now. It looks great and really amazing. Reveal/Preorder is tomorrow.

lupinko

I'd like to do another commission based on a movie if you guys want another one once we get this one complete. We had interest from other artists they just weren't fans of Metal Gear.

edit: On a side note how much were the Moss Villains at the show?

If it's for a movie, I'd say Pulp Fiction.

Sushigod7

If it's for a movie, I'd say Pulp Fiction.

Yeah that would be a cool poster I'd like to do a series based on 80's, 90's movies. I'd love to see what Gabz came up with for a Total Recall (orig) or Running Man since he did that amazing Predator poster. I'd be down for about any Tarantino film we'll cross that bridge after this one is done see what happens.

Sushigod7

I would really like to buy these posters, but as a european i'm out of luck... not gonna pay 32$ shipping for a 45$ print :'(

Which print? In the states we pay 15 usually so it's not that bad for going overseas really if you want the poster bad enough. Also cheaper than paying for it second hand even with the additional shipping depending on what it is. Mondo prints seem to double in value at least, unless it's not popular.

Trasher

Cool. Was looking for...

or

(The first one is my main choice)
As soon as I got to the booth yesterday the Tong ones were already gone, and I didn't see this post on here that you wanted the other one too. :( Although there were plenty left of that one and its variant even I think. Your chance of getting your second choice are probably pretty good. Sadly I could only go yesterday though so I can't help you out today. Sorry. :(

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Which print? In the states we pay 15 usually so it's not that bad for going overseas really if you want the poster bad enough. Also cheaper than paying for it second hand even with the additional shipping depending on what it is. Mondo prints seem to double in value at least, unless it's not popular.

The LotR one, but i don't really care about the limited run aspect of these prints, i just need decoration. For that purpose these shipping costs are to much, for me anyway. Bah.

Sushigod7

Official announcement so looks like 3 different vinyl releases on the 26th! I think I'll grab two at least.

mondo said:
July 19th, 2013
SDCC 2013: Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu!
We’re extremely excited to announce that our next vinyl release will be STUDIO GHIBLI KOKYO KYOKUSHU featuring gorgeous new artwork by Tyler Stout! We will have the HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE version available at our booth (#936) at San Diego Comic Con tomorrow (Saturday), July 20th as soon as doors open.

ibnLDDbRXI3ApR.jpg

Please see below for a full press release.

Mondo is thrilled to announce the limited edition vinyl release of a compilation of selections from five different Studio Ghibli films, featuring performances from the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will include selections from PRINCESS MONONOKE, SPIRITED AWAY, HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, THE CAT RETURNS, & MY NEIGHBORS THE YAMADAS. This collaboration was an especially exciting project for Mondo to be able to release this album for the first time ever on vinyl. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will be available for purchase on July 26 at mondotees.com.

There will be three different collectible versions of this album, each featuring a different piece of artwork from renowned Mondo artist, Tyler Stout, capturing elements from all five films across the Gatefold 2XLP packaging. One version, showcasing HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, a with traditional Japanese Obi and all Japanese text, will premiere at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Each album will also include two different colored vinyl as followed:

HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE (Japanese Variant) – Purple & Pink vinyl
PRINCESS MONONOKE – Red & Blue vinyl
SPIRITED AWAY – Yellow & Green vinyl

1. Chapter One – The Legend of Ashitaka
2. Chapter Four – Princess Mononoke
3. Chapter Eight – Ashitaka And San
4. The Theme of My Neighbors The Yamadas – Orchestral Version
5. Takashi And Matsuko’s Tango – Sinfonico
6. Always With Me – Orchestral Version
7. A Mysterious World
8. The Moving Castle
9. War War War