• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

Mondo updated their blog post regarding the Ghibli Soundtrack.

I guess track 6 is from Spirited Away. Now I don't feel bad buying the Spirited Away cover.

lupinko

Here is some work in progress:

IMG956211_zpsc3b32743.jpg

That's one spicy lookin' meataball!

Just out of curiosity, what made you guys decide to go with the MGS theme?

It was the most requested of the titles and the artist is actually familiar with the game -- not to mention his style suits it well.

Update: The amount received so far is $1,158.80. Number is odd because $1.20 was lost to PayPal in the form of fees.

Bii

It was the most requested of the titles and the artist is actually familiar with the game -- not to mention his style suits it well.

Update: The amount received so far is $1,158.80. Number is odd because $1.20 was lost to PayPal in the form of fees.

Someone (or maybe two individuals) probably sent payment via gift but paid it by credit card, and then had you absorb the fee instead of them paying for it.

Zozobra

Saw a tweet from Studio Ghibli that Mondo is releasing t-shirts of the album designs on Friday. How's the quality of those Mondo shirts?

Meier

Mondo updated their blog post regarding the Ghibli Soundtrack.

I guess track 6 is from Spirited Away. Now I don't feel bad buying the Spirited Away cover.

Oh, it's just like a mix of music? I thought it was the soundtrack from each of the films! I was going to buy 3.. what a bummer.

Dang, I still kinda want all 3 though because I love the cover art.. such a tough call. Maybe I'll buy a shirt of one of the others?

IronRinn

Fuck. Both Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle dropping tomorrow. Totally going to miss at least one of them.

Edit: Sooooooo...ummmmmmm...anyone who got a SDCC variant want to help me out? Maybe? Please? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase?

Sushigod7

Oh boy here we go, not sure about the Howl's in this color I like the variant in a little more. So tomorrow is going to rip out many hearts and stomp on them with the giant Mondo boot. Vinyls, T-shirts and these two posters.

omgkitty

Oh boy here we go, not sure about the Howl's in this color I like the variant in a little more. So tomorrow is going to rip out many hearts and stomp on them with the giant Mondo boot. Vinyls, T-shirts and these two posters.

Vinyl and t-shirts are on Friday.

LaneDS

The variant on Howl definitely looks better to me.

Meier

I will probably not even try for Howl.. Spirited Away is my target. Not gonna risk fucking around with the other.

Still can't believe Totoro was my first Mondo print and at the time I had no clue what a coup it was to get it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Any plans for the one sold at SDCC to be sold online? Just looked those up on ebay and boy was that depressing.

nope, those were SDCC exclusives. Unless you manage Olly's AP sale (generally completely random, and difficult), though expect those to come in between cost (90) and secondary market prices at the time of the drop

I might be the dumbest user on GAF, but for god's sake I cant find the Send money to friends & family function at Paypal.

Could it be not available at Paypal Germany? My paypal account is private. That's how the "Send money" page looks like:

According to google and several videos at youtube, there should be a tab with "personal" which as you can see isn't there. Or do I need to do something with my account? (Funny think is, if I search for Family and Friends in Paypal faq, I don't find any information about it. So I guess you can't use it here in Germany.)

Sushigod7

That's how my page looked I put in mockingbird email and the amount then confirmed on the next screen. I think your ok if your screen looks like that.

edit: I see whats missing sorry ignore me.

Kerrinck

I might be the dumbest user on GAF, but for god's sake I cant find the Send money to friends & family function at Paypal.

Could it be not available at Paypal Germany? My paypal account is private. That's how the "Send money" page looks like:

According to google and several videos at youtube, there should be a tab with "personal" which as you can see isn't there. Or do I need to do something with my account? (Funny think is, if I search for Family and Friends in Paypal faq, I don't find any information about it. So I guess you can't use it here in Germany.)

Some countries (like mine) don't allow for gifting. Maybe Germany is in that unlucky list as well.

Hmmm, odd. I guess there's no choice but to send it as a payment, unfortunately. If possible, try to calculate it so I receive exactly $20 after fees. I'll refund some if it goes over more than $1 (which is the minimum amount I can send back) but if it's a little less I'll cover it for you. anything that is over less than $1 I'll have to apply it to your printing cost -- so you'll pay less later on. Is that ok? Sorry about that.

Sushigod7

I'm still upset I can't buy Kevin Tong's Pacific Rim online. :(

Yeah that is a bummer I'd like to grab one, I also wanted his Apollo piece from the Space show he had some at SDCC I guess. Looks like the two Pacific Rim pieces Ash Thorp did had left overs they will go online at some point I like that set as well.

Is that supposed to be ... who? Snake? Hmm, I'm kind of disappointed to be honest.

It's Grey Fox (Frank Jaeger). Although we haven't hit the goal of $1,500 yet with some people still pending you're allowed to opt out if you prefer. I can understand how some might be expecting Snake or another character instead of Jaeger -- or maybe you're not a fan of the character. Just send over a PM and I can send a refund. Or if you've yet to send payment, let me know and I'll cross you off the list. Keep in mind this is still an early WIP.

With that said, after the month's end I cannot refund because the money will be sent over to the artist.

Thanks for understanding.

Cheska

I'm feeling overly giddy about those Olly prints. Like, I don't even want to go to sleep in the fear that I'll miss them. I did just set up a notification to Mondo's tweets since I assume they're probably going to send something the moment they put them up.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
There will be an AP sale for sure.

-------------

Here are some really rough WIP colors Ash sent earlier today. Keep in mind that these are super, rough early stage WIP.

IMG956217_zps8c885e73.jpg

--------

Thus far $1,220 has been collected =)

That looks like Spider-Man :( I hope he does something really creative with the colours or tone, I don't just want a nice drawing if you know what mean. I like these indie art things cos they're meant to be original interpretations or slants on existing work we already know and love.

I'm still fully on board with the venture and will be in future too but do have reservations. Anyone else slightly worried about how to hang that without giving off a strong forever alone otaku vibe?

lupinko

It's Grey Fox (Frank Jaeger). Although we haven't hit the goal of $1,500 yet with some people still pending you're allowed to opt out if you prefer. I can understand how some might be expecting Snake or another character instead of Jaeger -- or maybe you're not a fan of the character. Just send over a PM and I can send a refund. Or if you've yet to send payment, let me know and I'll cross you off the list. Keep in mind this is still an early WIP.

With that said, after the month's end I cannot refund because the money will be sent over to the artist.

Thanks for understanding.

I actually wanted Gray Fox over Snake since we all know that the real star of MGS1 and MG2 is Frank.:)

Also Rising if you count the dlc costume.

Sigma722

That looks like Spider-Man

It might be a little red, but I'd say spider-man is a stretch. Like mockingbird said, it's really early WIP.

Anyone else slightly worried about how to hang that without giving off a strong forever alone otaku vibe?

I'm no more worried than I would have been with a standard 'Solid Snake staring at you' portrait hanging on my wall. Luckily for me I have a room dedicated to game stuff.

------------------

On a side note.. I think from now on, if you are putting down a down payment, you should consider that as you agreeing to the rest of the purchase when it happens. It's part of the point of a down-payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom