• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

This is the same sketch we've had for a few weeks now and the same one we had before payments so not getting the criticisms. I can't believe what I'm reading with some of these comments I'm not even going to try and respond.

ifB6VE8mJPrNP.gif

I'm with Sigma next time we'll be clear no refunds no returns etc.

Sigma722

This is the same sketch we've had for a few weeks now and the same one we had before payments so not getting the criticisms. I can't believe what I'm reading with some of these comments I'm not even going to try and respond. I'm with Sigma next time we'll be clear no refunds no returns etc.

Naturally my post is at the end of a page... Sigh.

Sigma722

Has there been any word on whether or not these are the last of the Moss/Ghibli series?

Yep.

The mondo licence was for 4 posters, which they all did with Moss. Mondo is in talks for more licences, which could expand artists and be more prints.

Edit: Also depending on how the vinyl does, supposedly will help them decide on feature specific ghibli vinyls.

IronRinn

Yep.

The mondo licence was for 4 posters, which they all did with Moss. Mondo is in talks for more licences, which could expand artists and be more prints.

Edit: Also depending on how the vinyl does, supposedly will help them decide on feature specific ghibli vinyls.

Ah, got it.

Is it bad that I'm kind of relieved?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Let's not get too worked up over a work in progress folks. :p I'm just glad he agreed to do a print (even if it wasn't my most wanted Mirror's Edge!).

I shall hang it with pride, somewhere... (I move next week).

Up later today:

Futurama by Dave Perillo

Futurama_Dave_Perillo.jpg

This 195 piece silk screen edition is signed by the artist and measures 12" x 36"

limited to 1 per customer. $50

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/futurama-dave-perillo.html#!prettyPhoto around 10:00am PDT but follow them on twitter in case they use a different url.

Futurama Alienese Variant by Dave Perillo

Futurama_Variant_Dave_Perillo.jpg

This 99 piece silk screen edition is signed by the artist and measures 12" x 36"

limited to 1 per customer. $50

How to buy online:http://darkinkart.com/futurama-alienese-variant-dave-perillo.html#!prettyPhoto around 10:00am PDT but follow them on twitter in case they use a different url.

Cheska

Are the Olly Moss Spirited Away still scheduled to go up today?

Yep, but no time frame or anything :(

I actually got lucky and am able to go into work a few hours later today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed Mondo will release them around 10-12.

God dammit, hanging on the calculating shipping page. will I ever get one mondo print ?

Edit : not this time. I begin to think not ever. I really really hate this way of selling stuff.

Not sure how you are supposed to buy something from them when their website doesn't load. Oh well, maybe next time. Congrats to everyone that got them, not sure how you managed.

Einbroch

Banned
Clicked Check Out, had everything in (CC/address/everything), and it just kicked me to the homepage. What the flying fuck.

I don't know why I bother with this stuff. :(

Cheska

Ridiculous! Website was so freakin slow. Can't believe I missed this when I literally added them to my cart the moment the tweet went up.

EDIT: How the hell do that many prints sell out in less than a minute? Seriously.

LiK

What's the point at even trying anymore? I can't even get it into my cart. by the time it loads, it's sold out.

The only time I can actually get anything are the timed ones without limits.

I browse over to another thread for just a minute and missed the whole thing. Looks like I probably wouldn't have had a chance anyways though.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, see you guys in another year (last poster I tried for was like August of last year).

I now remember why I don't bother unless it's a timed sale.

Meier

I might put up a few of my old ones on eBay to fund it second hand. I could stand missing Mononoke since I obviously had no chance but this is such a gut punch. Sigh..

IronRinn

Welp, ISO Spirited Away.

Kind of fumbled in the beginning there and had 2 in may cart. Page originally had a pull-down to pick what poster you wanted? Anyway, sold out while calculating shipping. Put Howl's in my cart, sold out. Refreshed, says sold out. Refreshed again, clicked Add to Cart and managed to check out with relative ease. Hopefully it doesn't get canceled. Guess I'll see if I can score an AP. Anyone who may have grabbed one for trade bait (slim chance I know) hit me up.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
That might have been the fasted I've ever gotten to the page (I was F5ing and actually got started before Page Notifier went off).

Got stuck after the shipping details page.

I wonder if continuing to have Page Notifier on once I'm started slows things down since it's pinging their site so often? Maybe I should disable it in the future after the 1st notification.

I guess now I can take my time deciding between variant and regular. I want to see high-res photos of both in-person. Since it's not the same style as Totoro and Mononoke, I don't need to match the 2 I have (both regs) with Spirited Away.

Cheska

Unfortunately, considering I just paid nearly $500 for Moss' Totoro, that might not be such a bad deal in the long run.

I know, but it's really irritating when I could have paid a fraction of that for something I legitimately want and would love to hang in my house. Yet, these scalpers somehow get them and our chances were diminished :(

rinemy

Banned
psy-yai yai

Just ebayed a spirited away regular.
Haven't even got my PB variant from my friend still! Now for a howl's regular...

Ridiculous! Website was so freakin slow. Can't believe I missed this when I literally added them to my cart the moment the tweet went up.

EDIT: How the hell do that many prints sell out in less than a minute? Seriously.

I'm struggling to fathom this as well. I was running a page monitoring extension for any changes to the store, within 3 seconds of it updating I hit 'add to cart' and then the website just fell over.

I realise this is a well-worn rant at Mondo every time they put something up, but they seriously need to make their ordering system fairer. Other sites seem to manage handling a transaction where once an item is in the cart, it is then not available for sale unless the buyer cancels the order or the transaction fails. I'm all about ready to give up with even bothering using their site and resigning myself to buying from ebay flippers. Y'know, the ones who magically have multiple copies of a print up for sale within days (hours?) of something selling out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom