• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
483277_10100325172648353_69675704_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Def need this

Sigma722

Any instructions on how to build that? It's really nice looking.

It belongs to someone on facebook.

Another guy on EB, billy g, posted pics of one of his (that I think has since been sold):

The general process depends on if you are able to get a wood or a metal flat file. Wood is probably easier - but I think wood flat files tend to be harder to find for cheap.

For wood, all you really need to do is study the flat file top to make sure there isn't any supporting beams going across the top, and plan a rectangular cut. A large piece of glass would be needed that you can just set on top. Most likely it would have to be special ordered from a glass/window shop, which can be expensive. If you do your cut right and really plan ahead, you could cut out a rectangle that has a lower shelf that a smaller piece of glass could fit within. Before doing all of that you would need to sand everything down, and stain it 3-4 times.

For metal flat files, it depends on the type of flat file you get. I ended up getting lucky with mine, and the top is actually removable. Eventually I will sand down the metal, and paint it probably a gloss black. I will take of the top, and replace it with a 3/4 piece of MDF. I might have to layer that MDF with another 1/2 piece so that it is thick enough to do that shelf concept that I talked about earlier. The flat file pic I posted above is demonstrating that glass inlay/shelf concept, which I will mirror with the MDF top. Eventually I would order some glass probably around 27x39/40 and have it sit in the inlay. The mdf would also be painted black.

I plan on doing this with mine eventually, but probably not till I move, which could be a little while still.

orioto

Good Art™
That is really cool. Nice job!

Any recommendations on what to buy it on?

Thx :)
I would recommend photographic print, not too small (cause of the density here) and Lustre.

The mounted and framed print are the same with the print sticked on a support.

Trasher

I'd guess this week or next. I know SDCC backed the printer up quite a bit.

I saw you everywhere at SDCC on Friday: Olly/Mike's booth, Mondo booth, Struzan line. I was ahead of you in the Struzan line and was gonna say hi, but you were kind of an awkward ways away where I would have had to pretty much shout at you so I thought otherwise haha. And yeah, you seemed to be in line for the lame archive drop they did of old stuff that everyone seemed to not care about. Maybe I'll say hi next time I see you at a show in LA. I missed the Englert show cause I was out of town, but my roommate picked me up the 2001 apes one and the Shining snow variant. I saw you got one of the OGs. Congrats!

Sushigod7

I saw you everywhere at SDCC on Friday: Olly/Mike's booth, Mondo booth, Struzan line. I was ahead of you in the Struzan line and was gonna say hi, but you were kind of an awkward ways away where I would have had to pretty much shout at you so I thought otherwise haha. And yeah, you seemed to be in line for the lame archive drop they did of old stuff that everyone seemed to not care about. Maybe I'll say hi next time I see you at a show in LA. I missed the Englert show cause I was out of town, but my roommate picked me up the 2001 apes one and the Shining snow variant. I saw you got one of the OGs. Congrats!

You saw him at SDCC or you stalked him? lol Wish I was in LA to say hi to you guys.

Sushigod7

Understandable. I'm looking forward to seeing what characters I get. :)

I can't wait either I'm really hoping there is a surprise print like he did with the pokemon run.

edit: This is my first order like this do we get any shipping notifications or do they just show up at our door?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I can't wait either I'm really hoping there is a surprise print like he did with the pokemon run.

edit: This is my first order like this do we get any shipping notifications or do they just show up at our door?

I think these will just show up. I don't remember getting shipping confirmation for the Rogues

Acidote

Ansin's Man of Steel shipments will begin on August 1st. It is a short delay (4 days) but Mondo has notified it through their blog.

It belongs to someone on facebook.

Another guy on EB, billy g, posted pics of one of his (that I think has since been sold):

The general process depends on if you are able to get a wood or a metal flat file. Wood is probably easier - but I think wood flat files tend to be harder to find for cheap.

For wood, all you really need to do is study the flat file top to make sure there isn't any supporting beams going across the top, and plan a rectangular cut. A large piece of glass would be needed that you can just set on top. Most likely it would have to be special ordered from a glass/window shop, which can be expensive. If you do your cut right and really plan ahead, you could cut out a rectangle that has a lower shelf that a smaller piece of glass could fit within. Before doing all of that you would need to sand everything down, and stain it 3-4 times.

For metal flat files, it depends on the type of flat file you get. I ended up getting lucky with mine, and the top is actually removable. Eventually I will sand down the metal, and paint it probably a gloss black. I will take of the top, and replace it with a 3/4 piece of MDF. I might have to layer that MDF with another 1/2 piece so that it is thick enough to do that shelf concept that I talked about earlier. The flat file pic I posted above is demonstrating that glass inlay/shelf concept, which I will mirror with the MDF top. Eventually I would order some glass probably around 27x39/40 and have it sit in the inlay. The mdf would also be painted black.

I plan on doing this with mine eventually, but probably not till I move, which could be a little while still.

I would want to go the wood way but everything around me is metal. Have 8 flat files at work now, should be going up to 12 soon, all metal though. Wanted the wood for the home area, ill keep my eyes open

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Wednesday July 31st at a random-ish time:

c64c80fb4f94f4a61ecfd091_533x711.jpg

Poster by Mike Mignola. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 185. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

05fdc0c25b4d5a083a61fb62_533x699.jpg

Poster by Guy Davis. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 210. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Edit: Didn't realize Davis did such a convincing Mignola impersonation. His style used to look way different. Also, I like Mignola but that print is almost the least he could have done.

Trasher

Olly tweeted this not too long ago about the hero cards:

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m
Also, re: videogame blind boxes - they should be shipping really soon. And you'll get order notification emails when they do.

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m
They took a bit longer because we got way more orders than we were expecting - so thanks for being patient!

LaneDS

Olly tweeted this not too long ago about the hero cards:

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m
Also, re: videogame blind boxes - they should be shipping really soon. And you'll get order notification emails when they do.

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m
They took a bit longer because we got way more orders than we were expecting - so thanks for being patient!

Excellent... will be exciting once people start opening them up to see who got what.

Trasher

Excellent... will be exciting once people start opening them up to see who got what.

And I'm going to straight up copy a post from over at EB to show you what the numbers of the cards will look like:

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m
@o0Caspian0o Errr i think it's only like 50 tingles or something.

50 tingles puts the run around 6000, meaning Olly sold around 2000 blind boxes. :shock:

That would give you a breakdown of:

50 Tingle
100 Aerith
225 Snake in a Box, Master Onion
300 Jill, Ellie + Joel, Ico, Lara Croft and Dhaslims
600 Fox, Master Chief
900 Snake, Freeman, Link

On sale tomorrow, Wednesday July 31st at a random-ish time:

c64c80fb4f94f4a61ecfd091_533x711.jpg

Poster by Mike Mignola. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 185. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

05fdc0c25b4d5a083a61fb62_533x699.jpg

Poster by Guy Davis. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 210. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Edit: Didn't realize Davis did such a convincing Mignola impersonation. His style used to look way different. Also, I like Mignola but that print is almost the least he could have done.

=( Mignola is the reason i love Hell Boy. He should just do a hell boy print for his fans =(

Sigma722

And I'm going to straight up copy a post from over at EB to show you what the numbers of the cards will look like:

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m

50 tingles puts the run around 6000, meaning Olly sold around 2000 blind boxes. :shock:

50 Tingle
100 Aerith
600 Fox, Master Chief
900 Snake, Freeman, Link

100 Aerith is the perfect amount of Aerith.

Payment deadline for the MGS Commission by Ash Thorp is tomorrow. If you did not contact me in regards to some kind of payment extension or pay by tomorrow then I assume you're not interested anymore and will remove you from the list. Thanks!

Sushigod7

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m

50 Tingle
100 Aerith
600 Fox, Master Chief
900 Snake, Freeman, Link

Well the "Snake in a Box" is the most rare one I want so I should be in good shape. I really can't believe how much the villains are going for on eBay. I wanted the damn Dark Souls Knight and Ocelot. Oh well I'll settle for framing my two snakes!

Bii

Well the "Snake in a Box" is the most rare one I want so I should be in good shape. I really can't believe how much the villains are going for on eBay. I wanted the damn Dark Souls Knight and Ocelot. Oh well I'll settle for framing my two snakes!

All I wanted was Skull Kid. The last one sold out 10 persons in front of me. :( I ended up with Dark Souls Knight, Dr. Robotnik and Colossus. My girlfriend was in line behind me (I had slipped her $60 just in case I wanted to buy more) but passed up on what was left. :/

How bad do you want the Dark Souls Knight? *wink* *wink* :p

Sushigod7

All I wanted was Skull Kid. The last one sold out 10 persons in front of me. :( I ended up with Dark Souls Knight, Dr. Robotnik and Colossus. My girlfriend was in line behind me (I had slipped her $60 just in case I wanted to buy more) but passed up on what was left. :/

How bad do you want the Dark Souls Knight? *wink* *wink* :p

hahaha well I found some on EB so not bad enough to spend 4 times the value of it. But if you are interested in moving it I might buy it. If you are getting heroes maybe we can work something out that way as well. If not no worries.

b3b0p

Payment deadline for the MGS Commission by Ash Thorp is tomorrow. If you did not contact me in regards to some kind of payment extension or pay by tomorrow then I assume you're not interested anymore and will remove you from the list. Thanks!

I paid the $20 initial. Are we supposed to pay the rest now too?

Sushigod7

I paid the $20 initial. Are we supposed to pay the rest now too?

No he is just talking about the down payment that is due some people apparently backed out or didn't respond. Tomorrow is the deadline he is sending what we have to Ash the rest will be due when they are getting printed later on.

ericexpo

Olly Moss ‏@ollymoss 1m

50 Tingle
100 Aerith
600 Fox, Master Chief
900 Snake, Freeman, Link

awesome was really hoping to get ellie +joel or ico. Also i completely forgot i bought these. this thread is going to kill me

Well, +1 to the people Olly has handling the blind box prints - I got a response and change of delivery address within minutes of emailing them, at midnight their time :lol

rinemy

Banned
True a trade club would be nice. But I remember one individual who bought a number that he did not want disclose :p but was prioritizing his extras by his personal list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom