• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanuki

Seriously some of the nicest vinyl packaging I've ever seen.

ghiblivinyl2.jpg

Mondo really knocked it out with these. Glad it was an easy pick up too.

UPDATE on the NeoGaf x MGS x Ash Thorp Commission

Thus far I've received $1,500. Once my $20 is included it will be $1,520!

For those that have yet to pay, you have until July 31, 2013 to pay. I plan to send payment over to Ash that very night.

If you don't pay by the deadline then I assume you no longer want to be a part of the commission -- which is fine, but I would prefer to know now so I can cross you off the list.

After July 31, 2013 I will go ahead and lock the edition size up as everyone has had an ample amount of time to get their order in and get +1s or +2s or more.

A small amount of overrun will be printed to cover shipping damages, should there be any.

I grabbed a Howl's/Spirited away regular set for $300. They may dip a bit more, but I couldn't take the risk. Can't see them getting too much lower than they are now, although I've been wrong in the past.

Sushigod7

I grabbed a Howl's/Spirited away regular set for $300. They may dip a bit more, but I couldn't take the risk. Can't see them getting too much lower than they are now, although I've been wrong in the past.

That''s actually pretty good those won't go below $150 unless it's a fluke somehow. Nice pick up!

smuf

I've just ordered 2 Ghibli vinyl from France.

Great, right?

Until i read the product page and notice that it's a us / Canada only release.
FUCK. THIS. SHIT.

Just found out about this, so dissapointing. Put an order in yesterday for the Spirited Away version.

LaneDS

Still wondering why the Howl vinyl sold out immediately and the other two are in stock days later. Much smaller run on Howl?

Roubjon

So is it bad to keep prints inside their poster tubes for an extended period of time? Or will it not matter at the end of the day once you place it inside of a nice frame?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
OMG I need this...

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
Tyler Stout's Shaun of the Dead Mondo poster unveiled by Simon, Nick and Edgar! pic.twitter.com/ux1QXW1Kge

BQOsFahCAAEmWEU.jpg:large

So is it bad to keep prints inside their poster tubes for an extended period of time? Or will it not matter at the end of the day once you place it inside of a nice frame?

It's bad. You should keep it flat. Short-term tube storage is fine but long term is bad as it may never properly flatten.

Clipjoint

Am I the only person who isn't a fan of Stout? His style just doesn't appeal to me, even if I can recognize how technically impressive it is.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I hope I don't miss it. Wonder what the price will be. If it's not too high I'd gladly pay one of you guys if you snagged two (if I miss it that is).

Sushigod7

Am I the only person who isn't a fan of Stout? His style just doesn't appeal to me, even if I can recognize how technically impressive it is.

He has a wide range of talent his Ghibli stuff looks great and is not his usual style. This SotD poster is crazy good though he nailed it I'm not a fan of everything he does but this is perfect.

Here's 1000 pictures:

An edition of 710. We should all have a fighting chance.

They were $65 with tax at the event...

I wonder how many they sold at the event already? I dig this one for sure great film.

Roubjon

It's bad. You should keep it flat. Short-term tube storage is fine but long term is bad as it may never properly flatten.

How do you guys suggest storing them? I've been researching it and it seems that flat files are the optimal way to go, but they are rather expensive. Are there any other alternatives?

Sigma722

How do you guys suggest storing them? I've been researching it and it seems that flat files are the optimal way to go, but they are rather expensive. Are there any other alternatives?

One of the best non flat file ways, is to get a couple of pieces of acid-free foam core, and some acid-free tissue, and store prints between the foam core with a couple of clips to hold it together. The tissue is to separate multiple prints from eachother so they don't scuff or rub off on one another.

Foam core (found this site through amazon, and there are probably better alternatives):

http://www.utrechtart.com/Elmers-1-...m_source=amazon&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=41412

Acid free tissue:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KNPLLU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Clips:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IBAK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

After you have it all clipped together you can store it in a safe place under the bed.

If you don't know how long it's going to take to frame stuff, or if you get into the collecting part, a flat file is definitely recommended as it allows you to easily look at your stuff when you want. Just check local craigslist every other day or so for flat file. If you hold off, one can be had for 100-200 used. I got mine from a local architectural firm that went out of business for like 125 I think. Make sure it is definitely big enough for 24 x 36s. Normally means having a drawer size of 27 x 40 or so. Also, flat files don't have to be ugly. I have seen some examples of awesome ones that are really great for showcasing work with a bit of diy help:

483277_10100325172648353_69675704_n.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
How miserable is it going to be trying to get that dope ass print?

lupinko

Could someone explain to a noob like me why one would want the variant? Looks like it's less colors than reg?

It's a higher collectible since there are less prints of it, also personal preference.

For Tyler, he usually prefers the the originals as that is the way he intended on having the print look as I recall.

Sigma722

Could someone explain to a noob like me why one would want the variant? Looks like it's less colors than reg?

Mostly personal preference and collectibility. It's possible that on the variant that it has more metallics as well. The red looks a little different between the two, so most of the red and grey could be metallic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom