• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you Horkey nuts out there:

On sale tomorrow, August 1st, at a random time:

dNvUSL4.jpg

“Eater of Dust” - Regular Edition of 220 - 18"x18.5" - $120 - On sale HERE tomorrow, August 1st at a random time.

g7JEaLn.jpg

“Eater of Dust” - Variant Edition of 100 - 18"x18.5" - $185 - On sale HERE tomorrow, August 1st at a random time.

Weird that I have actually walked down the street this piece is based off of...

Sushigod7

I can buy it for you but it'll very likely be available online as well -- and for a cheaper price since you won't get taxed.

If you think it will make it online I'll hold out for Saturday any thoughts on that Firefly print? That one is amazing as well. Thanks for offering!

airblade

Banned
Thx :)
I would recommend photographic print, not too small (cause of the density here) and Lustre.

The mounted and framed print are the same with the print sticked on a support.

I bought an extra large, lustre.

This thing is awesome, my favorite game of all time.

Fletcher

Just putting this out there, but I may be willing to trade my:

KSFc7dw.jpg

or maybe even:

2gLgPV2.jpg

If I don't get a Link.
Having a Zelda set would get my wife stoked.

lupinko

Full payment just sent over to Ash! For proof Ash will post an update on his blog later on =)

Here is another WIP he sent over:

IMG953078_zps9f28018c.png

That's amazing, tho I don't have any say in the process, it would be cool if he put up the staff / cast on there like a movie poster or how Hideo does his MGS trailer credits, a Hideo Kojima game, starring David Hayter, etc and since its mgs1 have all the pseudonyms that some of the actors used. I know Cam Clarke used James Flinders iirc. Just saying!

Sushigod7

Full payment just sent over to Ash! For proof Ash will post an update on his blog later on =)

Wow looks great I can't wait till we get the colors and if we get this in metallic's as well!

Just putting this out there, but I may be willing to trade my:

KSFc7dw.jpg

or maybe even:

2gLgPV2.jpg

If I don't get a Link.
Having a Zelda set would get my wife stoked.

I may take you up on this!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Looks fucking fantastic! It's really cool seeing the progress of the piece.

Sushigod7

After we get Grey Fox I wonder if Ash would consider doing a Snake companion piece to it? I know that is a little farther ahead but having these two side by side on the wall would be great.

IronRinn

Mondo's Pacific Rim-athon tomorrow, Friday, August 2nd at a random time:

a1b1e4e3c4fe26d9208d83b4_533x356.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. Steel Blue colorway. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 145. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

f81b86b575a5b342d082fa6d_533x356.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. Light Blue colorway. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 145. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

02f8f3f142eae82e2b775555_533x355.jpg

Poster by Ash Thorp. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

1172c604fad2926add0b0f6d_533x355.jpg

Poster by Ash Thorp. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Sushigod7

Way to much this weekend I can't decide now, I want both the Ash Thorp PR and a few of the metallic's. How are we supposed to decide this stuff dammit.

rinemy

Banned
Anyone frame Spirited Away/Howl's from SDCC yet?
20x36 for the most part will need to be a custom made one so wanted to see what people had going.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Anyone frame Spirited Away/Howl's from SDCC yet?
20x36 for the most part will need to be a custom made one so wanted to see what people had going.

not yet. though reality is I have 8 (eight) prints in that size range to frame:

Moss Totoro Variant AP (signed)
Moss Mononoke Variant (signed)
Moss Zelda variant (signed)
Moss Mario variant (signed)
Moss Spirited variant (signed)
Moss Howl's variant (signed)
Struzan Dark Tower (signed)
Creaturebox Ratchet & Clank (needs to be signed next time I visit the NC team, and actually is 18 x 36)

ye gods. gonna be expensive when i start that process.

I actually just dropped my Moss F-Bomb at the framer this week. Should be done tomorrow. Will post pics

Sushigod7

not yet. though reality is I have 8 (eight) prints in that size range to frame:

Moss Totoro Variant AP (signed)
Moss Mononoke Variant (signed)
Moss Zelda variant (signed)
Moss Mario variant (signed)
Moss Spirited variant (signed)
Moss Howl's variant (signed)
Struzan Dark Tower (signed)
Creaturebox Ratchet & Clank (needs to be signed next time I visit the NC team, and actually is 18 x 36)

ye gods. gonna be expensive when i start that process.

I actually just dropped my Moss F-Bomb at the framer this week. Should be done tomorrow. Will post pics

Dammit man!

rinemy

Banned
After we get Grey Fox I wonder if Ash would consider doing a Snake companion piece to it? I know that is a little farther ahead but having these two side by side on the wall would be great.

Should be a little more ambitious than that. What you want to do is have a short list of other characters commissioned like Ocelot, Sniper Wolf, etc. and then do Snake at the end.

That's amazing, tho I don't have any say in the process, it would be cool if he put up the staff / cast on there like a movie poster or how Hideo does his MGS trailer credits, a Hideo Kojima game, starring David Hayter, etc and since its mgs1 have all the pseudonyms that some of the actors used. I know Cam Clarke used James Flinders iirc. Just saying!

That's not true. We all have some say. We all paid the same amount. I just relay the requests from here to Ash. I like your idea of credits but I also feel it would be better on a MGS poster that doesn't focus on one character. I think it would fit in more with one that represents the entire game as a whole and perhaps a larger one at 24"x36". But I'll let him know as well.

Should be a little more ambitious than that. What you want to do is have a short list of other characters commissioned like Ocelot, Sniper Wolf, etc. and then do Snake at the end.

Actually, Ash said he'd like to do other characters from MGS if this goes well. He did actually mention the villains first, so who knows?

Also, to update a bit, Ash will be out next week but is aiming to get this piece done mid to end of August if he can put the proper time into it. I told him he can take as much time as he needs though, cause ultimately I think we'd all agree we'd want the piece to be really good instead being rushed by setting a deadline.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Dude can take all the time he needs as far as I'm concerned. The sooner he finishes the sooner I have the frame it and find space for it haha.

Same. My framing queue is at about 15 now. I haven't even bought my apartment yet. I'm running out of mylar sleeves/backing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom