• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering where you were today usually you pop on and say +1. You don't miss many I have missed the last two after a successful run of about 4. Don't think I'm going to grab anything tomorrow either.

I start work at noon, so I miss the old 10-11 AM drop times :-(

Probably nothing for me tomorrow too.

EDIT: Jesus it's been a while since we've done a whole page in one day... I guess an Olly drop will do that to us.

Roubjon

Did anyone see this print from "that kid who draws" yet. The variant already sold out unfortunately. It's a 5 color screen print
SeeYouSpaceCowboy_Iaccarino.jpg

Oh jeez, what did I just do. I bought it. I don't even have a good place to hang this either. I guess this is how that whole "now or never" aspect to limited print runs gets to you.

rinemy

Banned
Just a FYI there might still be some Bebop Variants in the near future. He's holding about 15 prints to give the opportunity for his subscribers to grab if they wanted it..

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Managed to trade around for a Spirited Away. Not the way I wanted to go, but it is what it is.

That + Totoro makes for 2/4 Moss Ghiblis, which is good enough for me. Not that the other two aren't gorgeous too, but these are my two favorite Ghibli films.

Just a FYI there might still be some Bebop Variants in the near future. He's holding about 15 prints to give the opportunity for his subscribers to grab if they wanted it..

There's also some regs he held onto I think as well. You could try waiting it out if you want a Variant and jump on a reg if it sells out. I personally bought the variant. I like the regulars color scheme more but I want to have an extremely muted look for my wall decor so that's why I went with the variant

Don't know what vinyl I want today. Spirited Away is my favorite but I really like the pink and purple vinyl from Howl's (which I've yet to see). Wish they had a picture of the other colors.

IronRinn

Don't know what vinyl I want today. Spirited Away is my favorite but I really like the pink and purple vinyl from Howl's (which I've yet to see). Wish they had a picture of the other colors.

Didn't even realize they were doing three versions. So art is all the same, except which piece is on the front and the color of the vinyl? Interesting way to do it, I suppose.

Meier

I bought the Spirited Away vinyl. I like the shirts but $25 is a bit steep.. it's kept me from buying their shirts in the past.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Got a Spirited Away. Surprised to see the Howl go first.

I wonder if it's because it's the first of the three in order and people just instinctively hit the first one.

Or because it's purple and shit.

I've just ordered 2 Ghibli vinyl from France.

Great, right?

Until i read the product page and notice that it's a us / Canada only release.
FUCK. THIS. SHIT.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
As I noted above in my edit the Howl was the Japanese variant sold at SDCC, so there were already a few hundred gone.

Oh, gotcha. 'Cause if we're going based purely on the artwork, Howl's is at the bottom of the three.

Meier

If anyone knows someone who got a Moss Spirited Away and is interested in working out a trade for a Durieux Iron Giant (seems this is "worth more" right now but we can figure something out), let me know. I also have Moss' Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (signed) and an Ansin Looper (Gold) I could probably part with.

LaneDS

Bought a Spirited Away vinyl.

Presently the only pieces of artwork I have framed in my place are a collection of albums I like the artwork (and music) for, and my Iron Giant print.

Getting the Spirited Away vinyl sort of makes up for not getting the print yesterday, but oddly the Spirited Away print is my least favorite of Olly's Ghibli stuff even though it's my favorite Miyazaki film. So basically, pretty happy with my haul of the last couple days (and still psyched for the upcoming MGS print!).

Love this thread.

If anyone knows someone who got a Moss Spirited Away and is interested in working out a trade for a Durieux Iron Giant (seems this is "worth more" right now but we can figure something out), let me know. I also have Moss' Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (signed) and an Ansin Looper (Gold) I could probably part with.

This bums me out!

I've just ordered 2 Ghibli vinyl from France.

Great, right?

Until i read the product page and notice that it's a us / Canada only release.
FUCK. THIS. SHIT.

So basically we could be recipients for items that we're unable to order but we can't for items we're somehow able to ? I'm glad I've checked this page before going there. And to think I hurried home in hot and sweaty Paris' public transports to get a shot at this after yesterday's fiasco.

Working in IP I know how a pain in the ass regional exclusivity can be and I'm not blaming anyone in particular but seriously fuck this shit. It seems like the only way to get anything would be to pay a premium to scalpers which I'm not willing to do.

So yeah, I'll do with timed releases and GAF commissions only it seems :p

LaneDS

Bought a Mononoke vinyl too, so Spirited Away, Mononoke, and the Howl variant will all end up framed and displayed together in some fashion I think.

One day I'll even listen to the albums, maybe!

Sigma722

Would it be silly to get all three as they're all my top 3 Ghibli flicks?

TBH, yeah, I think it would be kind of silly, unless you are a Mondo Vinyl collector. They are all the same, and all have the same art, except for which art is on the front.

b3b0p

There's also some regs he held onto I think as well. You could try waiting it out if you want a Variant and jump on a reg if it sells out. I personally bought the variant. I like the regulars color scheme more but I want to have an extremely muted look for my wall decor so that's why I went with the variant

I want the variant so bad. I missed it. Got the regular though.

IronRinn

So basically we could be recipients for items that we're unable to order but we can't for items we're somehow able to ? I'm glad I've checked this page before going there. And to think I hurried home in hot and sweaty Paris' public transports to get a shot at this after yesterday's fiasco.

Working in IP I know how a pain in the ass regional exclusivity can be and I'm not blaming anyone in particular but seriously fuck this shit. It seems like the only way to get anything would be to pay a premium to scalpers which I'm not willing to do.

That really sucks.

Time to set up a MondoGAF International shipping service.

Kerrinck

What sucks even more is that they could have mentioned this before the drop. I am sure there were a lot of non US/Can people f5'ing waiting for the drop only to be disappointed at the end.

Sushigod7

Somebody help this man out he is a big fan!

I have a Spirited Away in my cart I told myself I wasn't going to buy one. Ughhhh What do I do people I want the damn print not a vinyl really.

mjc

Broke down and bought the Spirited Away version too, I think I'll frame them in a way so all three are showing, but I can still take them out to listen to the vinyl.

Meier

Whisper of the Heart is my favorite Ghibli. I was happy to see The Cat Returns getting some love from Stout.. they have his design on a shirt.

I really enjoyed Ocean Waves and Whisper of the Heart but disliked Only Yesterday. I hated Pom Poko. Still haven't seen My Neighbor the Yamadas and Porco Rosso.

Whisper of the Heart is my favorite Ghibli. I was happy to see The Cat Returns getting some love from Stout.. they have his design on a shirt.

The Cat Returns is also the back cover art for all the vinyls.

Sushigod7

Broke down and bought the Spirited Away version too, I think I'll frame them in a way so all three are showing, but I can still take them out to listen to the vinyl.

By looking at the pictures it seems whatever isn't on the cover is on the inside flaps, which means if you get Spirited Away inside is Howl's and Mononoke. I wanted to be able to frame out the Mononoke and Spirited so I guess I missed the boat I needed to get the Howl's cover for this to happen. Anyone else figure this is true?

rinemy

Banned
By looking at the pictures it seems whatever isn't on the cover is on the inside flaps, which means if you get Spirited Away inside is Howl's and Mononoke. I wanted to be able to frame out the Mononoke and Spirited so I guess I missed the boat I needed to get the Howl's cover for this to happen. Anyone else figure this is true?

That sounds about right, if you want Spirited Away + Mononoke both on the inside, it will have to be through the Howl front cover.

Here's Howl's Cover.
ghiblivinyl7.jpg

Sushigod7

Yup thought so oh well I'll sick to my plan of nothing today. On a side note I'm going to sell my Akira Drake to get some extra funds for the Moss Spirited Away so if anyone is interested PM me.

mjc

Oh yeah...I think you're right on this one. I didn't really think that one through. Oh well.

rinemy

Banned
anyone give in to getting a T-Shirt?
They're definitely really on the expensive side. I can shop designer clothes for that money.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

That Durieux Iron Giant is one of my few remaining big ISOs. And yet Spirited Away is my second-favorite Ghibli film.

I'll consider it while I wait for my Spirited Away to get here. Once it's here, I'll PM you and we can both decide if we want to make a swap. Sound fair?

That really sucks.

Time to set up a MondoGAF International shipping service.

Spirited away and Mononoke are my favourite Ghibli movies with (well they ARE the best movies with Totoro and Howl's coming close) so yeah.

I'd be down for international exchange : Mondo prints and Criterion against Masters of Cinema and err... cheese ? :p

Meier

I really enjoyed Ocean Waves and Whisper of the Heart but disliked Only Yesterday. I hated Pom Poko. Still haven't seen My Neighbor the Yamadas and Porco Rosso.

The Cat Returns is also the back cover art for all the vinyls.
AHHH you must see Porco. Objectively, it may be his best IMO. I love it.

Most all of Takahata's films sans Grave are a bit divisive although I'd say Only Yesterday is more liked than not in general.

Didn't realize these all had the art for everything included. Very cool! I tried to watch Ocean Waves as a .rm about 10-11 years ago but couldn't do it. Still haven't seen it actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom