• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

That was cool of you. Nice score Trasher.

Gonna give it to my buddy/roommate who also didn't win the lottery! As hard as that is. :( I guess I'm somehow holding on to hope that I can snag a variant someday.

If there is a second round (which we may find out within the hour), I will pay it forward if I win that one.

Sushigod7

I only ordered two, happy to see more people here getting notifications today. I think I ordered on the 2nd to last day so I assume they are going in order my probably will ship towards the end.

Hey We Have Reached 10,000 Posts. Over 200 Pages. might Do Something Special. Details Later.

There are two things I was thinking of:

1. I have a private commission in the works that I will make available to everyone that has posted in this thread prior to this post. With that said, I don't think most people here will dig the subject matter.

OR

2. Later down the line do a commission for people who have posted in this thread prior to this post. But it would take quite a while =/

OR

3. make a game & print club print that I have prepared available exclusively for neogaffers.

Sushigod7

Hey We Have Reached 10,000 Posts. Over 200 Pages. might Do Something Special. Details Later.

1. I have a private commission in the works that I will make available to everyone that has posted in this thread prior to this post. With that said, I don't think most people here will dig the subject matter.

OR

2. Later down the line do a commission for people who have posted in this thread prior to this post. But it would take quite a while =/

OR

3. make a game & print club print that I have prepared available exclusively for neogaffers.

Those all sound great do we get to find out what print is in commission or what G&P print you have up your sleeve? #2 would be cool if we could do a movie this time.

OR

OR

I remember good ol' page 3.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
10000 posts. I remember when I was just lurking. Now it's pretty much the only thread I'm regularly active in. Memories...

Mockingbird: Any of those would be awesome, but I'm at least curious to know what the subject for your private commission is. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Edit: Also, I just looked it up and I ordered 6 Moss Heroes three packs. I don't even remember my own craziness anymore. No email yet.

Bii

Got my Moss Heroes shipment e-mail. It's being shipped from LA. Looks like I'll get it no later than this Saturday. :D

Though, I only bought one pack. Hope I get what I really want.

Trasher

OR

OR

1. Is it the the GoT one? Omg. I would love to get in on that, but I know everyone's not as into GoT as I am haha.

2. I'm always down for a GAF commission. I don't mind waiting.

3. I missed the boat on the Game and Print Club stuff, but I won't complain if people end up wanting to do this idea.

Also, thanks in advance for even considering doing anything. You are too kind with all of the stuff you handle for us!

IronRinn

OR

OR

I would wait on a commission.

More importantly though: Can you guarantee that it will flip?

Sushigod7

I would wait on a commission.

More importantly though: Can you guarantee that it will flip?

hahaha

iyfvPH71iBH4x.gif

Cheska

Figured I'd ask here before selling this stuff on eBay, but are there any Mass Effect lithograph collectors in here? I bought a ton as they kept releasing them, but now that I've framed the ones I want to keep, I'm just going to sell the rest off. I have Aria, Legion, Thane, Grunt and Cerberus, all 18x24, numbered and signed by the artist (except Aria who's just numbered). PM me if you want to see some pictures are inquire about them. Would ultimately rather sell to a fellow Gaffer than a random person.

Also, fingers crossed I get my blindbox e-mail today :)

Kalren

I'm glad I've made a few post even if I'm one of the bigger lurkers.

Mockingbird, I'm down for whatever choice. Any hint on what your private commission was? TV, movies or game related?

Sushigod7

Anyone interested in Jay Shaw's I Declare War? It's up on Mondo now. edit: Gone now, was very close to buying till it was pointed out that the middle of the head has a hole through it or at least it looks like it does. Now it looks strange couldn't hang it because that is bothering me. lol

i5JPSxfp2Zog9.jpg

Trasher

I'm glad I've made a few post even if I'm one of the bigger lurkers.

Mockingbird, I'm down for whatever choice. Any hint on what your private commission was? TV, movies or game related?

I think it might be this:

Check out this photostudy of my upcoming watercolor commission. It's by Victoria Ying.

WARNING: Game of Thrones Season 3 / Book 3 spoilers: http://tinyurl.com/kud929l

Edit: IT'S HAPPENING. MY OLLY HEROES.

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 4:47 am on August 29, 2013 in SANTA MONICA, CA 90403. The Postal Service expects to deliver the item on Thursday, August 29, 2013. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Hey, thanks for the kind comments.

In regards to the private commission it's not the Game of Thrones piece. It's not that I don't want to share it, but I don't think it's possible to. The artist is actually a full-time Disney artist so I don't think she's allowed to produce print versions of it. If it were possible I'd definitely like to offer it to people.

In regards to the subject of the first print it's based on an Manga / Anime that has been released in the US. The author of the manga just started a new series recently in Japan, actually. I'd rather just show it when it's done and see what the interest is. Don't know how long it will take but I'm currently in queue in the commission line. Thematically, it would have nothing to do with this thread though.

Trasher

In regards to the private commission it's not the Game of Thrones piece. It's not that I don't want to share it, but I don't think it's possible to. The artist is actually a full-time Disney artist so I don't think she's allowed to produce print versions of it. If it were possible I'd definitely like to offer it to people.

In regards to the subject of the first print it's based on an Manga / Anime that has been released in the US. The author of the manga just started a new series recently in Japan, actually. I'd rather just show it when it's done and see what the interest is. Don't know how long it will take but I'm currently in queue in the commission line. Thematically, it would have nothing to do with this thread though.

Whoops. Sorry if I got anyone else's hopes up. Apparently you are juggling lots of commissions. :)

Sushigod7

Ahh some Bebop in your step? Sounds interesting I don't want to jump on your stuff because those are your babies we can all wait for a new commission early next year or Spring maybe?

Sushigod7

Sorry new post couldn't contain myself this showed up today....

Crazy thing about it was it was advertised as a "dented" copy and even looked like it in the picture but today opened it up I don't see anything noticable in the area he said it was. Score for me got it way lower than market value.

And these the other day from Hero Complex, the metallics on both of these are great the plane was for my Dad.

And Dark Ink, got a damged one last week this is the replacement. They were super nice to deal with on the damaged one. Only bad thing was I had to cut it and send a picture I felt so bad taking a chuck out of a nice piece!

New Game & Print Club prints up!

Game & Print Club Print #9: Forest Life by JJ Harrison ( http://jjwharrison.com/ )

Forestlifeforweb.jpg

Pre-Requisite:

You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 Animal Crossing title.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again.)

10"x8" giclee on Smooth, Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival. Timed, limited-edition TBD. Hand-numbered, hand-embossed. $17.00

How to buy online: http://gameandprintclub.bigcartel.com/ on 8/29/2013 from 12 AM PAC - 9/1/2013 at 11:59 PM PAC.

Game & Print Club Print #10: The Hope of the High Entia by Elia Fernández

1146574_690652024281585_364862274_n.jpg

Pre-Requisite:

You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least 1 Monolithsoft title.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again.)

8"x10" giclee on Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival. Timed, limited-edition TBD. Hand-numbered, hand-embossed. $17.00

How to buy online: http://gameandprintclub.bigcartel.com/ on 8/29/2013 from 12 AM PAC - 9/1/2013 at 11:59 PM PAC.

Sushigod7

I really want to take my empire in to be framed but I feel like I should wait for them all to come out and put all 3 in a 24x36.

That's a pretty good idea I will probably do them separate I was going to have fun with mat colors matching lightsabers associated with each movie. Blue for SW, Red for Empire and Green for RoTJ.

tm24

It begins! Got my shipping notification for my heroes!

Spent the last week going to local framers. None of them could understand that i wanted to frame posters. It just completely baffled them. My search continues

Hey Mockingbird, do you know how an artist gets featured in the Game & Print Club?

It's as simple as me looking for artists and commissioning them. You have a portfolio / deviant art?

Alternatively, one of the other posters here runs a gallery. You can submit work to him for consideration as well, if you're looking to do gallery work.

I forgot to post this here. Back at SDCC 2013 I commissioned JJ Harrison to do a Game of Thrones x Adventure Time cover:

BP0gSmwCAAEbaNf.jpg

Trasher

Is it bad that I will buy anything GoT related? =/

Hopefully my Heroes arrive in the next hour or so. I'll post pictures here asap.

Sushigod7

I really want to hear what heroes people are getting. I haven't heard shit about mine yet.

Every time someone mentions Moss Heroes, I go check my e-mail and... nothing. :(

Me either was hoping today would be my lucky Moss day since Spirited Away showed up early. I think within the next week we should all be good. That set above is perfect I want a Link and Snake in a Box hope I get those two in one pack that would be awesome. Everyone leave some trades for the rest of us who are out in the cold!!

edit: The guy who posted the above picture in FB said he got no shipping notification so hey you never know it could just be sitting in your mailbox tomorrow.

Roubjon

It's as simple as me looking for artists and commissioning them. You have a portfolio / deviant art?

Alternatively, one of the other posters here runs a gallery. You can submit work to him for consideration as well, if you're looking to do gallery work.

I personally don't, but a friend of mine does and I know he'd love an opportunity like this. I'm pretty sure he has a GAF account too.

Trasher

Hah. I love GoT as well. That's why I have a few GoT commissions!

I think I have like....5 now?

The same artist that did Arya and The Hound did this one for me last year at SDCC

If you ever need a partner to go in with you on GoT stuff, feel free to hit me up haha.

Here are my Heroes! I got two of the three that I mainly wanted (Fox and MC):

Both Fox and MC are out of a run of 640, and Lara is out of 240.

I have two more 3 packs coming in another order as well.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
So are the locals who live in the LA area the ones to have theirs shipped first?

They're shipping from LA, so the people in LA are going to get theirs first. I'm in Florida and got my notification two days ago, so I don't think the shipping order is being prioritized by location (in the US at least. They may be shipping international orders out later? I haven't heard from anyone outside the US getting their notifcations.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom