• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That Daniel Danger BB print is a winner, but the Kevin Tong one is fantastic. Good thing for my wallet that I never caught up with BB.

Totally diggin' the Mega Man, Dreweyes!

Dreweyes

Really like the Megaman and Zelda prints!

/sigh And me, I'm going to be in NY this weekend, and Seattle the week after. If only I could switch the two.

Great prints! Hope to grab one or two when/if they're available online.

Totally diggin' the Mega Man, Dreweyes!

Thanks a bunch!
Yeah they should be available online at some point. If they send me AP's of these, I'll share with ya guys. :)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
On 100 posts per page even! We'll be at 10k posts soon.

I remember when it was just a handful of us, and Mockingbird was pretty much the only one making regular updates.

Now we're doing our own commissions and Mockingbird should just make a subscription service already, because it seems I'm buying all of his Game & Print stuff.

We've come a long way!

LaneDS

Dreweyes, those are rad! Nice work.

rinemy, my Howl's variant frame looks very similar to the frame(s) you went with. Some slight hints of red in it though, which matches the print. Will post pictures later (along with Journey which looks great framed and hung up).

Trasher

FYI Edmiston stuff up now.

https://www.mondotees.com/GALLERY_c_20.html

$5 Aliens print?!?! What a steal!!!
4x6

You can probably sympathize with me on this one fallengorn, but every time I see Edmiston stuff I begin to cry on the inside. I wish I owned this:
ku-medium.jpg

Sushigod7

Hey guys! Here are the latest art prints I've made... :)

Damnit man those are beautiful, will you have extra's up on the Fangamer site? No way I can make PAX but I need a couple of those in my collection. Brilliant stuff!!!

On 100 posts per page even! We'll be at 10k posts soon.

I remember when it was just a handful of us, and Mockingbird was pretty much the only one making regular updates.

Now we're doing our own commissions and Mockingbird should just make a subscription service already, because it seems I'm buying all of his Game & Print stuff.

We've come a long way!

I'm so happy this thread exists I always have loved movie posters especially the old Struzan ones and never had a place to talk about it. I don't even remember how I found the thread but all you guys are awesome. I check this thread so many times in a day and get super excited when anything is new. lol

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
https://www.mondotees.com/GALLERY_c_20.html

$5 Aliens print?!?! What a steal!!!
4x6

You can probably sympathize with me on this one fallengorn, but every time I see Edmiston stuff I begin to cry on the inside. I wish I owned this:
ku-medium.jpg

I was waffling on the Medusa, but I'm determined to get off my butt and go to a framer on Friday when I have a day off. I should save my money for that.

I'll pick up the Alien Queen though. 5 bucks, why not.

The Dany one I can take or leave it. Now, if someone made a print depicting(Major Storm of Swords spoiler)
the King of the North with Greywind's head
I would probably be willing to spend an embarrassing amount for it. Especially if Mignola did it. Oh god.

Sushigod7

I was waffling on the Medusa, but I'm determined to get off my butt and go to a framer on Friday when I have a day off. I should save my money for that.

I'll pick up the Alien Queen though. 5 bucks, why not.

The Dany one I can take or leave it. Now, if someone made a print depicting(Major Storm of Swords spoiler)
the King of the North with Greywind's head
I would probably be willing to spend an embarrassing amount for it. Especially if Mignola did it. Oh god.

I'm on the fence with that Medusa as well but probably won't hang it and don't have a flat file yet for good storage. Very impressive screen print though. I think I'm going to grab the Alien postcard as well looks pretty cool.

edit: Damn the shipping on a 4x6 is $7? That is strange.

rinemy

Banned
Damnit man those are beautiful, will you have extra's up on the Fangamer site? No way I can make PAX but I need a couple of those in my collection. Brilliant stuff!!!

I can be someone's PB for Fangamer. There is also a LTD Gallery Event that will be going on that weekend as well.

Sigma722

Still haven't received a shipping order for my blind box. These things have been in the works for what, three months now?

I think a few people said they got a shipping notification, but that could have just been the labels being printed. Overall, I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting crazy.

Sushigod7

I think a few people said they got a shipping notification, but that could have just been the labels being printed. Overall, I like to give the benefit of the doubt, but this is getting crazy.

It's pretty funny once the rumor on EB started that it was going to be 9/15 someone from the company popped in and said no no we are starting this week we are almost done packaging. That was almost a week ago and still it seems the majority of us still have not got anything. I sent payment June 21st one of the last days so it's only been 2 months.

IronRinn

It's pretty funny once the rumor on EB started that it was going to be 9/15 someone from the company popped in and said no no we are starting this week we are almost done packaging. That was almost a week ago and still it seems the majority of us still have not got anything. I sent payment June 21st one of the last days so it's only been 2 months.

This may seem crazy to some but it's pretty tame. For comparison, a couple of weeks ago I received my order from Mark Englert for The Ancient One. Which I had purchased in March. It had been so long I forgot what I had ordered when I received the shipping email.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
This may seem crazy to some but it's pretty tame. For comparison, a couple of weeks ago I received my order from Mark Englert for The Ancient One. Which I had purchased in March. It had been so long I forgot what I had ordered when I received the shipping email.

I have an outstanding order from Mark that dates to last Thanksgiving week

Dreweyes

Dreweyes, those are rad! Nice work.

Cheers folks! Yup it should be available online soon after the show, I'll drop a link as soon as I find one. :)

A side note: I'm looking into getting screenprinted variants of these designs, I'll let you guys know if that ends up working out!

I have an outstanding order from Mark that dates to last Thanksgiving week

Whoaaaa damn.

Sigma722

That is an absurd amount of time to be waiting for a non-customized print. I know Englert has been busy, but he basically was asking his audience for a huge favor at the same time.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
That is an absurd amount of time to be waiting for a non-customized print. I know Englert has been busy, but he basically was asking his audience for a huge favor at the same time.
Wasn't that around the time his house was damaged by a flood though? I seem to remember having a few times prints specifically to pay for the damage.

rinemy

Banned
Oh wow Ducktales from Mondo..
That JJ Harrison Edition size of 240. Looks like we're gonna see a big sellout...
let's wait for Mockingbird's post :)
e609bfa40189d510a2eba286_533x800.jpg

Sigma722

Wasn't that around the time his house was damaged by a flood though? I seem to remember having a few times prints specifically to pay for the damage.

Yeah, that's what I meant by "favor". It was a way for him to get money for the damages that insurance wouldn't pay for. Personally I would have made it a priority to have them out as quickly as possible. Just me though. I'm having a cynical day.

As for Mondo Duck Tales. Huh.. that came out of the blue.

rinemy

Banned
I guess it was because the Ducktales Remastered HD game was released around 2 weeks ago but to have like 3 to 4 posters for it is crazy.

suplex

I've been waiting almost 4 months for a couple of dharbin one hour drawings. I'm fine with it though, I know he'll come through awesomely.

I love Duck Tales, but I'm not sure about any of those prints. The Scrooge McDuck one is my favorite I think.

edit: Whoa I had no idea there was a remastered Duck Tales game, is it any good?

IronRinn

Screw it.

On sale tomorrow, August 28th from Mondo, it's a duck blur:

e609bfa40189d510a2eba286_533x800.jpg

Poster by JJ Harrison. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 240. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

aa51f28a00141c74f8310dfd_533x711.jpg

Poster by Anne Benjamin. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 160. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

fb18397ac32e4706948c845b_533x711.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 140. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

c229fa70101d00a3802cdf7c_533x711.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 75. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

2b9c50bfc4f896cdd54f4d86_533x711.jpg

Poster by DKNG. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 190. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

7c6dd6d9736c4c811b5def1d_533x708.jpg

Poster by DKNG. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 100. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom