• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/3/2013:

Metropolis by Kevin Tong

Metropolis-FINAL.jpg

five color screen print with metallic inks on 24 x 36 inch 100 lb White Cover Paper in a signed and numbered edition of 200. $60

How to buy online: http://tragicsunshine.com/art_prints/metropolis @ a random time.

IronRinn

First thing: I like that print. Tong did a good job.

But, man, do we need any more prints for this film? It's essentially just become a list of images that can be ticked off and made into a print.

Also, if you're going for this today be careful on Tong's site. I don't know if it's changed but it used to be that constant refreshing would get you a temporary IP ban.

Sushigod7

First thing: I like that print. Tong did a good job.

But, man, do we need any more prints for this film? It's essentially just become a list of images that can be ticked off and made into a print.

Also, if you're going for this today be careful on Tong's site. I don't know if it's changed but it used to be that constant refreshing would get you a temporary IP ban.

haha that is great it bans you from refreshing wish Mondo would do that. I'd agree Metropolis got a release from a bunch of artists. Not as high of a level as Pacific Rim but seems like it.

IronRinn

[...] I'd agree Metropolis got a release from a bunch of artists. Not as high of a level as Pacific Rim but seems like it.

Honestly I don't think it would stick out so much to me if the same elements didn't show up again and again. I don't know, could be they're just so iconic that I just notice it more. Silly thing to criticize I suppose.

IronRinn

Another day with no Heroes delivered or shipping email.

Edit: Question for those who have yet to receive theirs as well: Are you on the East Coast?

Sigma722

I think there will be an explosion of these hitting the market today. All of those auctions going for more than they should will feel bad. Although I guess those prices will justify other flippers :-/

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Been out all weekend and my heroes prints were delivered Friday, hope they are still at my apartment door...

I'll be up for trading! My most wanted is Master Chief, so I'm almost willing to trade any print for one. :p

Sigma722

Been out all weekend and my heroes prints were delivered Friday, hope they are still at my apartment door...

I'll be up for trading! My most wanted is Master Chief, so I'm almost willing to trade any print for one. :p

I'm sure I can find an MC for ya.. you just let me know what you get ;)

Salamando

I also have a Master Chief that I wouldn't mind trading. Looks like you've got some options if you don't get one yourself.

rinemy

Banned
I think plenty of people are still waiting from what I read on different groups.

On a side note anyone go to PAX and see this poster? It's a artist who is working on the guide for Mercenary Kings Corey Lewis, I believe he worked on some games if I remember right. I dig it certainly wouldn't pay big bux for it but if anyone sees one let me know.

iJW1FDC3KZSOZ.jpg

Hi Sushi, my friend did get one at PAX. (I was too lazy to get it myself since I was lined up at Titanfall at the time). It even came with a 2 inch tube with Ninja Gaiden Z. If you are still interested I can ask him for you. He is definitely not an art collector so I am sure he will be willing to let it go for a fair amount just go ahead and PM me.

LaneDS

Said a bunch, but I've got a MC that I don't want, along with a Lara. Happy to trade or sell (cheaply!) to a fellow (P90X) gaffer!

Hoping to see some Ico or Last of Us prints on ebay for reasonable prices this week, or again if there's someone here that wants to sell me one I'd be super appreciative!

Sushigod7

Another day with no Heroes delivered or shipping email.

Edit: Question for those who have yet to receive theirs as well: Are you on the East Coast?

I'm in Florida and got mine Saturday. Shipping confirmation email came late in the evening Thursday and it got here a day early (was scheduled for today)

I think there will be an explosion of these hitting the market today. All of those auctions going for more than they should will feel bad. Although I guess those prices will justify other flippers :-/

Yeah this week is going to be crazy I can imagine. There were something like 6,000+ prints total they did right? There is a Tingle on eBay going for $167.50 right now which is crazy to me. I'd certainly trade something for him but not going to pay that much, same with Skull Kid prices are out of hand.

Got my blind box! My results: Gordon Freeman, Lara Croft, and... TINGLE. I'm a huge Zelda fan but I genuinely have never gotten the Tingle love, so I'm open to trading. If anyone really wants a Tingle, hit me up and let's see what we can work out. I think I'd ideally like to trade him for an Ico/Yorda. I'd also be up for swapping my Lara Croft for a Fox McCloud if anyone wants to make that trade.

Tangeroo

Got my blind box! My results: Gordon Freeman, Lara Croft, and... TINGLE. I'm a huge Zelda fan but I genuinely have never gotten the Tingle love, so I'm open to trading. If anyone really wants a Tingle, hit me up and let's see what we can work out. I think I'd ideally like to trade him for an Ico/Yorda. I'd also be up for swapping my Lara Croft for a Fox McCloud if anyone wants to make that trade.

Offer PM'd.

LordCanti

Trading a $40-$60 Ico/Yorda for a $150+ Tingle? If only I had the Ico/Yorda to trade you.

I could buy an Ico/Yorda...trade it to you, sell the Tingle, buy another Ico/Yorda, and use the rest of the money for a Skull Kid :p

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I have my full set so selling extras.

Will give decent (sub-ebay!) prices to GAFfers.

Things available:

Master Onion
Fox
Master Chief
Link
Freeman
Snake

PM me if you're interested and we'll figure it out. Discounts for buying multiples!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Augh, I want that Tingle so bad, but I don't want to pay $150 for it. I really hope my sets are waiting for me when I get home today.

Also, that Metropolis by Kevin Tong is excellent. I'm tempted, but I really need to dial back my spending for a while.

-griffy-

Banned
Here's my haul on the Heroes cards. I'm willing to trade my extra Fox and my Dhalsim. Looking for perhaps a Gordon Freeman, Last of Us or Ico.

Rd5N4Mf.jpg

LordCanti

Things available:

Master Onion
Snake in a Box
Ico
Joel and Ellie
Fox
Master Chief
Link
Freeman
Snake

PM me if you're interested and we'll figure it out. Discounts for buying multiples!

PM'd.

Augh, I want that Tingle so bad, but I don't want to pay $150 for it. I really hope my sets are waiting for me when I get home today.

Also, that Metropolis by Kevin Tong is excellent. I'm tempted, but I really need to dial back my spending for a while.

He's up near $300 now. I can hardly believe it. Did Tingle have fans? Is that a fandom that exists?

Sigma722

The bid ended up that high, but I'm kinda thinking it was people just trying to figure out what the reserve was. And I think the reserve was super high just to see how high it would go.

I kind of think we didn't learn anything.

Edit: although the guy did relist for 310 again. Sigh.

Sushigod7

The bid ended up that high, but I'm kinda thinking it was people just trying to figure out what the reserve was. And I think the reserve was super high just to see how high it would go.

I kind of think we didn't learn anything.

Edit: although the guy did relist for 310 again. Sigh.

Wow I can't believe that, I find creepy Tingle funny but wish he didn't have a shiny ass with a thong. lol I can't help but laugh typing that.

Did anyone ever find out what was at the PAX Attract Mode show? I can't find anything about it.

I was looking to, nothing on Facebook at all no pictures from the event or anything. Pretty strange.

Trasher

Wow I can't believe that, I find creepy Tingle funny but wish he didn't have a shiny ass with a thong. lol I can't help but laugh typing that.

I was looking to, nothing on Facebook at all no pictures from the event or anything. Pretty strange.

Olly should take some worthless character from some game that no one likes and make it the rarest thing in his next blindbox. Then we can watch the flippers on eBay just prey upon one another.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
He's up near $300 now. I can hardly believe it. Did Tingle have fans? Is that a fandom that exists?

I think there's sort of an ironic anti-fandom for him. IIRC, he's supposed to represent the weird/extreme otaku-ish fanboys for Link.

In any case, I think Olly did a great job of capturing his weirdness and I want it!

Tangeroo

I think there's sort of an ironic anti-fandom for him. IIRC, he's supposed to represent the weird/extreme otaku-ish fanboys for Link.

In any case, I think Olly did a great job of capturing his weirdness and I want it!

I'm a legit fan. Nothing ironic about it, but I get it.

Sigma722

From EB:

For what it's worth I reached out today and the fine folks at Static said (almost instantly might I add) they sent the smaller orders last week, and were moving on to those with 3 or more packs currently. So that's good to know.

LordCanti

Very interesting indeed

It's a conspiracy; Follow the money.

Second time I've had to use that joke today.

It's a shame that Tingle wasn't one of the more common prints. I guess that's the way it goes though.

I'm watching all the auctions and these things are really waffling right now. Lara's have gone in the teens/low twenties, the same as Snake. Despite this, as if people don't know how auctions work, there have been BIN'd Snake's/Link's/etc sold for $50. It's mind boggling.

I'm waiting for this next round of auctions to end before doing anything rash.

Meier

I only got one 3-pack and nothing for me at least as of Saturday. Hopefully mine is sitting in my mailbox (likely bent to fuck like my Pokemon print.. sigh) when I get home.

Just picked up that Tong Metropolis print.

I don't know if it was a good choice but I was just excited to get in on a release straight from the artist instead of using ebay.

Greyvvolf

I only got one 3-pack and nothing for me at least as of Saturday. Hopefully mine is sitting in my mailbox (likely bent to fuck like my Pokemon print.. sigh) when I get home.
I know that feel.
Really? Did they replace it for you?
I had only about 5-ish prints sent to me flat and 2 were bent. One of them was a JLU by Mike Mitchell and I did send him an email with pictures. I didn't even get a response. Although, I can't remember, it might have stated on the website that all sales were final.

The latest print I received flat was packaged extremely well. It had two cardboard pieces in the front and one in the back, usually they only put cardboard on the front and back of the print.

Meier

Really? Did they replace it for you?

Yeah, he was nice enough to send me another. I live in an apartment with one of those communal mailboxes and they just shoved that fucker in there. They shipped it much more sturdy the second time fortunately although obviously it was the postman's fault either way.

Wedge7

Things available:

Master Onion
Snake in a Box
Joel and Ellie
Fox
Master Chief
Link
Freeman
Snake

Thanks to jstevenson for bearing with my stupid questions and concerns. Ended up purchasing Snake in a box, Fox, MC, Link, Freeman and Snake off him. Thanks alot man. Knew next to nothing about art or posters but saw by random chance the thread on gaming side, and saw these and knew I had to grab a few. Feel like I've started down a dangerous path, as I now have to also get the pokemon set that was done earlier, and that incredible Star Wars Triology set as well. Gonna be an expensive little indulgence.

Trasher

Thanks to jstevenson for bearing with my stupid questions and concerns. Ended up purchasing Snake in a box, Fox, MC, Link, Freeman and Snake off him. Thanks alot man. Knew next to nothing about art or posters but saw by random chance the thread on gaming side, and saw these and knew I had to grab a few. Feel like I've started down a dangerous path, as I now have to also get the pokemon set that was done earlier, and that incredible Star Wars Triology set as well. Gonna be an expensive little indulgence.

RIP Wedge7

Tangeroo

Hehe, nice haul. I was the one that bought the other three (Ellie, Ico and Master Onion).

I already like to collect prints (mostly local artists) but this is my first foray into Olly Moss territory and I've already fallen in love with his work. It's pretty expensive to be a fan but worth it. Time to find a discount on custom framing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom