• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

snake in a box is going for 80 bucks? Lara is 15, =/

There's no rhyme or reason to what these things are going for. An Ico/Yorda was 31, and then went nearer to 60 in the last 10 seconds as people tried to snipe each other. Meanwhile, no one wants the rarer Lara Croft, and prices are all over the place for everything else.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Here's mine. I got two of the three I wanted! I'm willing to trade Fox for Master Chief or the Last of Us. PM me if interested. Otherwise I'm looking to buy Cheif and the Last of us. Anyone have those for trade (for fox) or sale?

image.jpg

Cheska

Is anyone interested in Snake, Link, Dhalsim or Master Chief?

PM me if you're interested in trading or want to buy any of them.

Sushigod7

Thanks to jstevenson for bearing with my stupid questions and concerns. Ended up purchasing Snake in a box, Fox, MC, Link, Freeman and Snake off him. Thanks alot man. Knew next to nothing about art or posters but saw by random chance the thread on gaming side, and saw these and knew I had to grab a few. Feel like I've started down a dangerous path, as I now have to also get the pokemon set that was done earlier, and that incredible Star Wars Triology set as well. Gonna be an expensive little indulgence.

RIP Wedge7

Yup your screwed Wedge7 it always starts small then before you know it your thinking 200 is a great buy and 500 to 600 is reasonable for a poster. Then 1000 is attainable with just a little extra saving. lol

rinemy

Banned
I'm kind of scared to check ebay but if anyone is willing to sell any of theirs for a reasonable price I might be taker. Please PM me and let me know how much.

I was kind of on the fence on getting them but decided not to.

LordCanti

Yup your screwed Wedge7 it always starts small then before you know it your thinking 200 is a great buy and 500 to 600 is reasonable for a poster. Then 1000 is attainable with just a little extra saving. lol

I always miss out on buying them (I guess most people do) and then eye ebay longingly while trying my hardest to keep my credit card in my wallet. I completely spaced out when it was time to buy the three pack sets.

I've been fighting against the urge to buy a Spirited Away variant for awhile now. Buying a couple of these hero prints might be a nice way to take the edge off.

It's amazing that no one straight up counterfeits these things.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I always miss out on buying them (I guess most people do) and then eye ebay longingly while trying my hardest to keep my credit card in my wallet. I completely spaced out when it was time to buy the three pack sets.

I've been fighting against the urge to buy a Spirited Away variant for awhile now. Buying a couple of these hero prints might be a nice way to take the edge off.

It's amazing that no one straight up counterfeits these things.

they do (esp at the Banksy level) - but counterfeiting screenprints is very, very difficult to do. and probably cost-prohibitive to do well for Mondo type prints (with a few exclusions)

keiichi

So, has anyone put any thought into how they'll be framing their heroes?

I'm thinking about doing some multi opening mat board and possibly having them double matted by series.

LaneDS

I'm thinking about doing some multi opening mat board and possibly having them double matted by series.

Got this idea from the thread earlier, but I picked up these 5x5 frames from Ikea ($10 per):

Will be getting three more for Fox, Ico & Yorda, and Ellie & Joel.

Trasher

Did anyone receive any today? I feel like all of the shipments that went out last week probably arrived already. Might not see new shipments until tomorrow at the earliest?

Sushigod7

I'm going to combine the two Snakes I think then everything else gets individual. I'm only going to frame 4 to start with the ones I'm keeping for sure. Holding on to the rest for trades or to sell.

Salamando

they do (esp at the Banksy level) - but counterfeiting screenprints is very, very difficult to do. and probably cost-prohibitive to do well for Mondo type prints (with a few exclusions)

On at least one instance a Mondo's been counterfeited. A person spent three months recreating Stout's "the Thing" in Illustrator and then uploaded jpegs online in a high enough resolution that you could print it out at 300 dpi. Wouldn't make for a perfect counterfeit, but hell of a lot cheaper than hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
On at least one instance a Mondo's been counterfeited. A person spent three months recreating Stout's "the Thing" in Illustrator and then uploaded jpegs online in a high enough resolution that you could print it out at 300 dpi. Wouldn't make for a perfect counterfeit, but hell of a lot cheaper than hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

hi res jpeg/printouts are one thing. But completely and easily distinguishable from the real screenprinted mccoy.

People actually make screen print countefeits of Banksy's stuff

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Didn't someone mention cheapy frames from Ikea? Might go that route since I dropped a load at the framers last week.

Did anyone receive any today? I feel like all of the shipments that went out last week probably arrived already. Might not see new shipments until tomorrow at the earliest?

Nothing here.

Sushigod7

hi res jpeg/printouts are one thing. But completely and easily distinguishable from the real screenprinted mccoy.

People actually make screen print countefeits of Banksy's stuff

That is crazy, I've seen plenty of Stout and Moss jpeg reprints but an actual screen print would be something to witness.

Trasher

My roommate had a friend order a pack for him and it got delivered last week. He just picked it up from him: Gordon, Link, and Tingle haha.

Dreweyes

Ordered 3 sets, live in Virginia, no shipping email or sets in yet... hopefully tomorrow! :)

And here is how I'm going to be framing them (sorry for the crap Instagram quality):
Going to add a 4th bottom row of frames, so it's a nice 4x4 grid.
That spot in the top left is reserved for Pikachu, if I ever find it...

GAR0WXf.png

Trasher

Ordered 3 sets, live in Virginia, no shipping email or sets in yet... hopefully tomorrow! :)

And here is how I'm going to be framing them (sorry for the crap Instagram quality):
Going to add a 4th bottom row of frames, so it's a nice 4x4 grid.
That spot in the top left is reserved for Pikachu, if I ever find it...

GAR0WXf.png

Nice. I like it!

Does anyone have any advice on picking a frame shop and what framing options to ask for?

There's a Michael's and a Jerry's Art-a-Rama near me which do custom framing, but I don't know how chains compare to mom-and-pop shops.

Finally received my blind boxes !

I'm quite happy, as I got the ones I really wanted (Ico + The Last of Us).

WoIQoGz.jpg

Will definitely trade (or sale if it comes to that but I'd rather not) : Master Chief
Might trade : Lara croft (I wish she was sideways like in the previews!)

Looking for : snake in a box, master onion, possibly Dhalsim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom