• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Bobby O' Herlihy (who did the Pikmin print last year) did three prints for Bottleneck Gallery's 3NES show. The preview sale will be tomorrow:

3NES_BOBBY_O_MARIO_WEB.jpg
3NES_BOBBY_O_SAMUS_WEB.jpg
3NES_BOBBY_O_LINK_WEB.jpg

First preview: 1pm-1:45pm eastern.
Second preview: 8pm-8:45pm eastern.

For sale here: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/

Additionally he'll be at the show opening on Friday, so if you go, you can bring your Pikmin prints to get signed =)

If anyone here happens to be going to the show, ask him about the upcoming Super Mario RPG print =)

rinemy

Banned
jstevenson got me started on the Heroes Blindbox with his extras so now I have a giant mancrush on him.

I'm thinking about 2-4 more for a nice rectangular shaped matte frame.

Anyone want to sell/trade/combination?
Looking for Lara, Starfox, Last of Us or Ico

I can trade Tong's Pacific Rim, Olly Moss's Regular Howl's Moving Castle or Ansin's timed Superman.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
jstevenson got me started on the Heroes Blindbox with his extras so now I have a giant mancrush on him.

I can trade Tong's Pacific Rim, Olly Moss's Regular Howl's Moving Castle or Ansin's timed Superman.

speaking of this, I still have a couple Master Chief's left if anyone needs one. Then I'm done and content with my complete set. shoot me a PM :)

No delivery yet, though I haven't checked today (still at work as I type this). Thing is, I only bought a single so it's making me quite nervous.

All I want is Snake in a Box... that's all.

Trasher

I would love to trade you my Lara for a Howl's! :p

speaking of this, I still have a couple Master Chief's left if anyone needs one. Then I'm done and content with my complete set. shoot me a PM :)

I think Deadly Cyclone was searching hard for a MC.

Roubjon

Hey everyone,

Bobby O' Herlihy (who did the Pikmin print last year) did three prints for Bottleneck Gallery's 3NES show. The preview sale will be tomorrow:

First preview: 1pm-1:45pm eastern.
Second preview: 8pm-8:45pm eastern.

For sale here: http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/

Additionally he'll be at the show opening on Friday, so if you go, you can bring your Pikmin prints to get signed =)

If anyone here happens to be going to the show, ask him about the upcoming Super Mario RPG print =)

Thanks for the heads up, those are awesome.

Sushigod7

Hey everyone,

Bobby O' Herlihy (who did the Pikmin print last year) did three prints for Bottleneck Gallery's 3NES show.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This and ask about the Skyward Sword sketch we need this!

I was hoping this show sucked so I didn't buy anything but it seems to be badass and full of wallet breaking items. Great time to have a bathroom renovation sucking up spare cash dammit!!!

Nice pick up jstevenson!! Holy Grail indeed!

Guys I bought a print off of ebay on 8/23. Status is marked Shipped but the USPS tracking just says that they've received the electronic shipping information. It is supposed to come Priority Mail from Minneapolis. I sent e seller a message 2 days ago and haven't received a response. How long do I wait before I start a dispute?

LiK

Guys I bought a print off of ebay on 8/23. Status is marked Shipped but the USPS tracking just says that they've received the electronic shipping information. It is supposed to come Priority Mail from Minneapolis. I sent e seller a message 2 days ago and haven't received a response. How long do I wait before I start a dispute?

give him 3 more days cuz it might arrive this week. also call your post office to see if they can locate it for you. if no response from seller by end of this week, file a dispute and that'll get him off his ass.

Sushigod7

Had a similar situation last week with my Spirited Away print, no scans along the way then it just showed up one day. USPS has been really bad about scanning lately. On ebay I would start the dispute now the person needs to respond it's been plenty of time for Priority Mail to get to you now.

LaneDS

I would love to trade you my Lara for a Howl's! :p

I think Deadly Cyclone was searching hard for a MC.

Got DC covered for MC!

rinemy, I've got Lara that I don't want and will have an extra Fox from Mr. Cyclone at some point. Looking for Ico (like you) but happy to trade/sell Lara and eventually the extra Fox.

Sushigod7

Thanks guys, I will give it 3 more days since I'd like to avoid a big mess.

It was a Vania GoT poster, btw. The one with Dani.

Nice! I like Vania's work it's pretty busy but the details are awesome. Opening a case on ebay doesn't create a mess, I do it frequently. I find it annoying when you ask a question and they do not answer. No excuse they have your money you don't have what you paid for you don't owe the stranger anything.

LiK

1000% disagree. USPS is extremely reliable.

UPS is where prints and tubes go to die.

i agree. been selling and buying from ebay this summer where USPS is used and they've been very reliable for me. the delivery confirmation is pretty accurate as well. but i guess it depends on your local post office sometimes.

gosufailure

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm mostly a lurker here but I thought I'd chime in and say I got my Moss Heroes and I've got an extra Master Chief and Lara Croft for trade.

Looking for Gordon, Link, Joel and Ellie or Star Fox.

Trasher

1000% disagree. USPS is extremely reliable.

UPS is where prints and tubes go to die.

USPS has fucked me over too much. You must have avoided their landmines thus far. FedEx is the only thing I use/trust. I haven't heard as many bad things about UPS as I have with USPS, but I honestly don't use UPS all that much. I don't remember the last time I had a tracking number that actually worked with USPS.

You sure you aren't high on something, j?! I honestly know zero people who defend USPS haha.

i agree. been selling and buying from ebay this summer where USPS is used and they've been very reliable for me. the delivery confirmation is pretty accurate as well. but i guess it depends on your local post office sometimes.

Mine is terrible... I think that's why I'm so shocked at all of you praising USPS.

Every time I'm in our post office there's always people pissed off and we all sit around while we're waiting and tell our horror stories haha.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
USPS has fucked me over too much. You must have avoided their landmines thus far. FedEx is the only thing I use/trust. I haven't heard as many bad things about UPS as I have with USPS, but I honestly don't use UPS all that much. I don't remember the last time I had a tracking number that actually worked with USPS.

You sure you aren't high on something, j?! I honestly know zero people who defend USPS haha..

I dunno. I ship a lot of stuff USPS. Multiple times a week. The Burbank post office always gives me origin scans, and my tracking always works. I rarely have damage issues (though I did have a Spirited Away reg get crushed recently, sad).

The prices are so much better for USPS and the Priority Service generally arrives on time in 2-3 days anywhere in the country.

I used to be in the same boat. But after having spent a ton of money with USPS in the last 18 months, I think they are running a tight ship these days.

Trasher

I dunno. I ship a lot of stuff USPS. Multiple times a week. The Burbank post office always gives me origin scans, and my tracking always works. I rarely have damage issues (though I did have a Spirited Away reg get crushed recently, sad).

The prices are so much better for USPS and the Priority Service generally arrives on time in 2-3 days anywhere in the country.

I used to be in the same boat. But after having spent a ton of money with USPS in the last 18 months, I think they are running a tight ship these days.

Maybe I need to drive to Burbank for my mailing purposes.

Expected delivery date is still 8/27 on USPS' site. The first tube I ordered came via USPS too. It was hanging out of my fucking mailbox. As in hanging in the street.

Cheska

Welp, just picked up Spirited Away. I'm glad I didn't jump on the Moss prints the moment they popped up on eBay after the initial sell out. $240 for both prints seem more reasonable than the prices I was considering before. Now I just need a Mononoke and then my life will be complete :3

My poor wallet though, my purchases these past few weeks have been waaay out of budget ;_;

KlotePino

I miss reading this thread in Off-topic. This thread was a big part of the reason I stuck with the poster scene for a while. I just had to venture in to share in the fun of the heroes blindboxes. Ordered two and just get them in,I see Link on the cover of the first and Star Fox on the other one. Both really cute but I'm obviously hoping there's a little rare one in there. So I remove the tape to check out the other two behind the star fox one; get Gordon and Snake. Again really nice but not rare, so my hope lies with the other blindbox with only two prints left behind Link. Both Aerith and Snake in the box behind it! That really just made my day, now on to think how I'll frame these. Anyone have anything to share about how they did theirs? Looking for some ideas.

Sushigod7

Expected delivery date is still 8/27 on USPS' site. The first tube I ordered came via USPS too. It was hanging out of my fucking mailbox. As in hanging in the street.

Just call USPS today then they will need to put a trace on it, I thought from your first post it had no scans at all. Was it insured?

I miss reading this thread in Off-topic. This thread was a big part of the reason I stuck with the poster scene for a while. I just had to venture in to share in the fun of the heroes blindboxes. Ordered two and just get them in,I see Link on the cover of the first and Star Fox on the other one. Both really cute but I'm obviously hoping there's a little rare one in there. So I remove the tape to check out the other two behind the star fox one; get Gordon and Snake. Again really nice but not rare, so my hope lies with the other blindbox with only two prints left behind Link. Both Aerith and Snake in the box behind it! That really just made my day, now on to think how I'll frame these. Anyone have anything to share about how they did theirs? Looking for some ideas.

Just go back a page for some ideas a lot of people using single frames. Congrats on the pick ups nice sets!

Sigma722

The first time I shipped out a poster, I went to FedEx first. They gave me the price, and I was like "I am out of this business if that's what it'll cost every time!"

The post office had been closed by that time on a Saturday, so I just waited until Monday. USPS, while not fun to get packages out, is overall solid. I agree about postmen being all angry in the actual post office, and taking forever. Generally speaking you are going to save like $10-15 over FedEx though.

I've had one issue where a package was lost.. Moss Lord of the Rings AP. It was lost on its way from me, to another. I had it insured for the sale price, and since it was lost it was pretty much and open and closed case. Got paid for the print, plus my shipping. I kind of feel like the other guy got it and was just pretending, but that's another story.

Anyways. USPS: A Necessary Evil.

Sushigod7

The first time I shipped out a poster, I went to FedEx first. They gave me the price, and I was like "I am out of this business if that's what it'll cost every time!"

The post office had been closed by that time on a Saturday, so I just waited until Monday. USPS, while not fun to get packages out, is overall solid. I agree about postmen being all angry in the actual post office, and taking forever. Generally speaking you are going to save like $10-15 over FedEx though.

I've had one issue where a package was lost.. Moss Lord of the Rings AP. It was lost on its way from me, to another. I had it insured for the sale price, and since it was lost it was pretty much and open and closed case. Got paid for the print, plus my shipping. I kind of feel like the other guy got it and was just pretending, but that's another story.

Anyways. USPS: A Necessary Evil.

Same here never had a issue I've been shipping ebay stuff for years and this year maybe 4 prints never once had a lost or damaged package. I'm talking about 250+ packages total. The best thing about shipping posters via ebay is the printing of labels all you have to do is drop it off at the counter and they scan it right away. You can print them via USPS site as well which I think is great. I've seen now people shipping in PVC so they don't get crushed which is pretty cool especially for those 1k prints.

Sigma722

Same here never had a issue I've been shipping ebay stuff for years and this year maybe 4 prints never once had a lost or damaged package. I'm talking about 250+ packages total. The best thing about shipping posters via ebay is the printing of labels all you have to do is drop it off at the counter and they scan it right away. You can print them via USPS site as well which I think is great. I've seen now people shipping in PVC so they don't get crushed which is pretty cool especially for those 1k prints.

My Stout Star Wars set was shipped in PVC :3. It arrived fine :D

IronRinn

I've never used Fed-Ex to ship but I've used UPS a bunch and only once ever had a problem where the end cap was pushed in. USPS as well, only one time where the tube was dented and I've always used USPS for international stuff. Like most things, the quality of service is really dependent on location. The post office where I have a box is amazing, the post office in my actual zip code ten minutes away is a black pit of bitterness and despair.

Sushigod7 - The PVC tube for expensive prints has been a thing for a while now with the bigger collectors. I have only one print that's probably worth over 1k and if I were to sell it (I hope I'm never that desperate) you better believe I would ship it in PVC. Sending it out in cardboard would be way too stressful.

Sushigod7

I've never used Fed-Ex to ship but I've used UPS a bunch and only once ever had a problem where the end cap was pushed in. USPS as well, only one time where the tube was dented and I've always used USPS for international stuff. Like most things, the quality of service is really dependent on location. The post office where I have a box is amazing, the post office in my actual zip code ten minutes away is a black pit of bitterness and despair.

Sushigod7 - The PVC tube for expensive prints has been a thing for a while now with the bigger collectors. I have only one print that's probably worth over 1k and if I were to sell it (I hope I'm never that desperate) you better believe I would ship it in PVC. Sending it out in cardboard would be way too stressful.

Yeah makes total sense sending it that way since I'm fairly new to the hobby and don't own any prints of that value it's news to me. lol

On a side note my Stout SotD looks like it's shipping today. I'm probably going to be selling this print since I've just had a fairly expensive bathroom renovation which blows. Cost me about $600 more than planned, trying to hold on to it though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What are you all doing to frame your Moss Heroes? I don't want to spend a ton doing it so I figured I'd look for something locally at Target. They have solid frames that most of my prints are in. Never done matting, but these might require some.

IronRinn

What are you all doing to frame your Moss Heroes? I don't want to spend a ton doing it so I figured I'd look for something locally at Target. They have solid frames that most of my prints are in. Never done matting, but these might require some.

If you go that route just pick up some hinging tissue (you could use framing corners instead, if you want) and make sure that the backing board, mat, and frame aren't too tight. You want it to be a little loose so the print has some room to expand and contract. If it's too tight it will start to develop waves.

Just call USPS today then they will need to put a trace on it, I thought from your first post it had no scans at all. Was it insured?
The only tracking is "electronic shipping information received". There is no pick up or anything else showing. It is insured. i will try xontacting the post office but im constantly busy with work during their hours until monday.

Kerrinck

Yup, as an overseas buyer I can definitely attest that usps is pretty reliable.
Never had a bad experience so far. It's what Mondo and most of the other galleries use and they always arrive perfectly fine even though it's sent through the cheapest method.

Sushigod7

At least that part is exciting :-D! Hopefully you can hang on to it. Can't wait to see mine!

Yeah trying not to remind the wife I got it lol. She thinks all of Stouts stuff looks the same, I did get approval to hang up all the Ghibli prints in the house though which is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom