• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven84

Neo Member
Today I finally got my prints, I am so happy!
bwx0iWs.jpg

I live in Croatia in Europe, and I think I am probably the only Croat who has purchased these. Now I feel like an idiot for not ordering more. I am very happy with Snake and Master Chief, and although I have huge respect for the Zelda series, I wouldnt mind trading it for Joel and Ellie, Lara, Ico, and especially Gordon Freeman. And I even got a very low number for Link, the irony.
If there is someone who would want to sell the above prints and ship them to Croatia, I am open to offers.

Kalren

Today I finally got my prints, I am so happy!
bwx0iWs.jpg

I live in Croatia in Europe, and I think I am probably the only Croat who has purchased these. Now I feel like an idiot for not ordering more. I am very happy with Snake and Master Chief, and although I have huge respect for the Zelda series, I wouldnt mind trading it for Joel and Ellie, Lara, Ico, and especially Gordon Freeman. And I even got a very low number for Link, the irony.
If there is someone who would want to sell the above prints and ship them to Croatia, I am open to offers.

A MC, Link, and Snake? A nice collection.

It's good to hear that you received your all the way over in Croatia. It gives me hope that I might receive my order in Canada by the end of the week!

Do you guys flatten out the posters before you frame them? And if so, how long does it take and how do you do it?

I usually just go straight to frame and i've not really noticed any issues, but maybe i'm doing it wrong

rinemy

Banned
Do you guys flatten out the posters before you frame them? And if so, how long does it take and how do you do it?

I usually just go straight to frame and i've not really noticed any issues, but maybe i'm doing it wrong

It depends, if a print has been in a tube for awhile (especially in hot weather) the paper will warp so it should be flattened for awhile. I do those for about 2 weeks.
Typically for me its about 4-7 though.

For me, anything greater than 16x16 in size I would I flatten out first simply because I might bend the paper while framing.

If you can get your poster into your frame without damaging it then go ahead, your poster will flatten it out inside the frame from the backing/matte over time.

Cheska

Erwin Wizard of Oz is sold out. Getting a print from them is basically a game at this point. This time I got all the way to waiting for my paypal payment to process, went through but when it brought me back to Mondo it was sold out.

By the way, is there any news on when we will be getting our Ghibli Vinyls? It's been over a month now..

Sigma722

Erwin Wizard of Oz is sold out. Getting a print from them is basically a game at this point. This time I got all the way to waiting for my paypal payment to process, went through but when it brought me back to Mondo it was sold out.

By the way, is there any news on when we will be getting our Ghibli Vinyls? It's been over a month now..

I think the stagger hit some people as it showed in stock for quite some time for me.

Ghiblis are still being pressed apparently, so no word when they'll go out.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
If I'm framing anything with matting I let it flatten for at least a week. If its going straight into the frame with nothing special you can usually throw it in no problem.

suplex

Don't use paypal. Credit card is faster.

I just bought the 3 Bobby O'Herlihy prints, only after buying the Samus and Link one only to instantly regret not buying Mario to complete the set. There goes a wasted $10 in shipping. Lesson learned, lol.

email them and ask to combine shipping. They will refund you without any problems!

Sushigod7

3Nes gallery is up.

Ughh disappointed by the lack of screen prints I see a lot of great stuff but can't decide on anything. Plus it's like a instant $100 bucks since you can't just own 1 of a 3 piece set.

Want this but it's only framed wonder if they have prints?

ic2hiYThzY39Z.jpg

Want all the Brogan stuff but this is my fav

irgmDty2iEjGf.jpg

Like this set as well but Zelda is my fav in this set.

ijtDeH0KxGmBP.jpg

Everything I wanted was too expensive one-offs, I ended up with the Bobby O'Herlihy prints and am debating the Justin Gammon, Falchetta, Jimenez sets.

The gallery is kinda messed up, some are showing the wrong item and some aren't showing up at all.

I really want the Bobby O' Herlihy Samus print but just last night I made an unexpected purchase that suddenly took away a lot more in my budget than I would've liked =(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Jude Buffum Zelda was a hot seller, I guess.

I think it's the best of the three.

The Buffums are cool... but I have no place I would put them.

Really dig the Wonsowski Samus vinyl, but I don't want to drop any money on stuff until maybe NYCC.

Sushigod7

Damn can't decide guess I'll hit the preview tonight, I have the rest of the day today to figure it out. Hopefully I can snag a couple. Might just grab Bobby's Metroid and Brogan's Peach. I did notice a lot of these are "open editions" so might snag one from the artist direct as well. I know Kim Herbst stuff is on her Etsy, she said the print is slightly better on this shows run but she prints her own as well.

Trasher

Ughh disappointed by the lack of screen prints I see a lot of great stuff but can't decide on anything. Plus it's like a instant $100 bucks since you can't just own 1 of a 3 piece set.

Want this but it's only framed wonder if they have prints?

Want all the Brogan stuff but this is my fav

Like this set as well but Zelda is my fav in this set.

I did this with just a couple Zelda pieces lol.

rinemy

Banned
Alexander Iaccarino @TKWDraws (August 30th)
"Bebops are FINALLY leaving the printers and no one is more excited/relieved than I am"

Awesome! Hopefully we see these arriving sometime Mid to Late September!

winstano

So... I was broke when Olly's blind box went on sale (Still am, but that's another story). I put a random "Who's generous" tweet out, and today, a package showed up at my mum's house.

TWO packs of 3.

It gets better.

1x Snake
1x ICO
2x Gordon Freeman

and...

2x Aeris/Aerith!!!

The rarest one of the 'standard' lot and I ended up with 2 of the buggers, and I didn't even order them! To say I'm feeling a bit lucky right now is an understatement.

Sushigod7

So... I was broke when Olly's blind box went on sale (Still am, but that's another story). I put a random "Who's generous" tweet out, and today, a package showed up at my mum's house.

TWO packs of 3.

It gets better.

1x Snake
1x ICO
2x Gordon Freeman

and...

2x Aeris/Aerith!!!

The rarest one of the 'standard' lot and I ended up with 2 of the buggers, and I didn't even order them! To say I'm feeling a bit lucky right now is an understatement.

Damn you have some nice friends!

I flatten them for a week at least.

It depends, if a print has been in a tube for awhile (especially in hot weather) the paper will warp so it should be flattened for awhile. I do those for about 2 weeks.
Typically for me its about 4-7 though.

For me, anything greater than 16x16 in size I would I flatten out first simply because I might bend the paper while framing.

If you can get your poster into your frame without damaging it then go ahead, your poster will flatten it out inside the frame from the backing/matte over time.

If I'm framing anything with matting I let it flatten for at least a week. If its going straight into the frame with nothing special you can usually throw it in no problem.

Thanks. I'll give it a try to see if there's a difference but since I never use mats it might not be an issue

rinemy

Banned
I'm selling my Dr. Robotnik. Anyone want to buy it for $50 shipped in the US?

I think I'll sell my Fox and Lara as well. Maybe $25 each shipped or $47 shipped for both.

I'll do robotnik + Lara! PM Sent!

EDIT: Correction.. All 3 of them.

Trasher

This came today:

Qa22HLW.jpg

The variant is suuuuper shiny.

Ugh. Congrats! So jealous! This is the first Stout that I have really really wanted since I started this hobby. :(

I still love my Attack the Block, but SotD is one of my favorite movies ever. I'll most likely end up paying for the variant sometime here in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom