• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So, who else is saving up to buy more blind prints this time than last time, when these are done?

Definitely buying more than 1 set of the new Heroes, especially if they're going to be out for Christmas. Depending on how many different characters there will be, I'll probably go for like 4-5 lol, plus ask for sets as gifts from friends/relatives.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
*starts budgeting another large dollar amount for Olly Heroes*

Need to get my Heroes signed so they can be framed (and track down the mystery print!).

Oh and finally. For those of you who know about my grail quest... it shipped today. Photos Thursday, I think.

Kerrinck

*starts budgeting another large dollar amount for Olly Heroes*

Need to get my Heroes signed so they can be framed (and track down the mystery print!).

Oh and finally. For those of you who know about my grail quest... it shipped today. Photos Thursday, I think.

Same here. Kinda regret only buying two 3 packs.

Curious as well, remember you talking about this holy grail for a while now.

Trasher

Whatever. Movie was awesome.

It was definitely fun and worth seeing in IMAX, but there's very little chance I'll want to revisit it a few years down the road. The scope of the story they chose to focus on was a bit interesting. Felt like the last movie in a trilogy. Would have been more interested in seeing a movie where they dealt with the beginnings of the Jaeger program and establishing all of the pilots and fighting the different tiers of Kaiju. Instead we got a montage of all the best parts of the story I felt.

The movie had high potential, I just felt like they executed the story poorly. Definitely looked amazing in IMAX though.

To each their own!

I just feel like there's many more greater and timeless movies that deserve to have more prints than a summer blockbuster that won't be remembered for very long.

Oh I'm not saying they'll be up there forever, I like to keep the walls fresh. I think a large part of Pacific Rim's appeal to me was that it made me feel like I was sitting in the theater watching Transformers the Movie for the first time as a kid again.
Nostalgia by proxy?

Trasher

Oh I'm not saying they'll be up there forever, I like to keep the walls fresh. I think a large part of Pacific Rim's appeal to me was that it made me feel like I was sitting in the theater watching Transformers the Movie for the first time as a kid again.
Nostalgia by proxy?

Yeah I can get that. I think part of it for me is that I was expecting a much more riveting story coming from del Toro. I love his stuff, so right away I put some pretty high expectations on it. It was pretty decent for a summer blockbuster in that it was a fun roller coaster sort of ride and it looked pretty, but I don't think it will hold up very well down the road.

Tong's poster is the best of the bunch by the way. If I loved the movie I would have been all over that one.

Yeah I can get that. I think part of it for me is that I was expecting a much more riveting story coming from del Toro. I love his stuff, so right away I put some pretty high expectations on it. It was pretty decent for a summer blockbuster in that it was a fun roller coaster sort of ride and it looked pretty, but I don't think it will hold up very well down the road.

Tong's poster is the best of the bunch by the way. If I loved the movie I would have been all over that one.

Aha! Back to art discussion!
I've got to go with the Slater foil variant as my fave. It's really quite striking. The Thorp duo look great together too, takes up a lot of real estate on the wall though. Slater regs and Thorp APs are all still available too.

Alpha_eX

Olly Moss Heroes...

So I got the whole set, two super secret pieces of paper and no Tingle. Pretty bummed about not getting a Tingle.

Any UK based peeps after anything in particular? I'll be working the entire week at Eurogamer if people want to pick up in person.

I'm after a Tingle and Skull Kid.

Will trade/sell with US/overseas peeps too but just a lot easier in the UK.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Can't wait for this mystery to be solved!!!

One fun tidbit during the shipping phase. Due to the packing / safety measures it ended up costing > $100 to ship USPS... including the dimensions/weight of the box and packing (with the grail tubed inside)... as well as nearly a 50 dollar insurance charge due to value.

At the sort facility now! It's all happening!

LiK

It was definitely fun and worth seeing in IMAX, but there's very little chance I'll want to revisit it a few years down the road. The scope of the story they chose to focus on was a bit interesting. Felt like the last movie in a trilogy. Would have been more interested in seeing a movie where they dealt with the beginnings of the Jaeger program and establishing all of the pilots and fighting the different tiers of Kaiju. Instead we got a montage of all the best parts of the story I felt.

The movie had high potential, I just felt like they executed the story poorly. Definitely looked amazing in IMAX though.

hoping for a sequel cuz it made a lot overseas and Del Toro said he might wanna do it. I just like the fights.

Sushigod7

One fun tidbit during the shipping phase. Due to the packing / safety measures it ended up costing > $100 to ship USPS... including the dimensions/weight of the box and packing (with the grail tubed inside)... as well as nearly a 50 dollar insurance charge due to value.

Wow shipping PVC I assume? Should be interesting hope everything arrives safely.

Trasher

Sweeeeeeeeet.

image.php

Is it possibly more than one print?? :p

hoping for a sequel cuz it made a lot overseas and Del Toro said he might wanna do it. I just like the fights.

Prequel please! :)

Omlagus

Hey all. Got my heroes a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to get in here and post my haul.

Ended up with Joel and Ellie, Fox and a Snake in a box. I'd be up for a trade of Fox for a Freeman. Snake is also available, but not sure on that so if anyone is interested and has suggestions, feel free to PM me.

Edit: Snake is gone now.

Sushigod7

I forgot to comment on the potential for more Moss Heroes/Villains at Christmas. I'll be down for at least 5 packs this time. Please Olly tell them to distribute more evenly this time!!

rekkair

Neo Member
Long time lurker, just wanted to be more active and say hello! rekkair is also my EB name.

Also, really surprised those Thorpes are still up.

Sushigod7

The only reason they are both up still is we had way to man PR posters. The Ash prints are amazing looking I'm sure in person those colors and details are top notch. I might bite at some point but have a few posters in front of them I'd be buying first.

rinemy

Banned
Everyone done trading BlindBoxes?

I'm still in need of:
  • Master Chief EDIT: Got one

Possibly want (as gift for friends)
  • Snake EDIT: Got one
  • Freeman

Jhriad

Fyi, there is an ICO blindbox on ebay as well as a TLOU bb.

Too bad the TLOU print is likely to go into price ranges I'm unwilling to spend before the auction ends. Only print other than Aeris/Aerith that I really wanted and didn't end up getting.

lupinko

I was thinking about getting screenprints of gig posters of various musicians/artists, just wondering if they follow our movie/game/television/randomness screenprinting guidelines of limited runs/artist proofs/etc.?

Sigma722

I was thinking about getting screenprints of gig posters of various musicians/artists, just wondering if they follow our movie/game/television/randomness screenprinting guidelines of limited runs/artist proofs/etc.?

Depends on the band/artist

This whole hobby of pop culture art/posters started from gig posters, so a lot of the roots are there.

Typically though, yes. They'll be limited, but generally I'd say reasonably affordable, unless it is like some of Horkeys gig posters.

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Thursday September 19th, from Mondo:

577c0a5837db4a05a6c941ab_533x800.jpg

Poster by Francesco Francavilla. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

That's a good one from Francavilla.

lupinko

Depends on the band/artist

This whole hobby of pop culture art/posters started from gig posters, so a lot of the roots are there.

Typically though, yes. They'll be limited, but generally I'd say reasonably affordable, unless it is like some of Horkeys gig posters.

Yeah I found a cool James Brown one that follows our standard conventions but a Yasiin Bey/Mos Def one that doesn't. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom