• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9/19/2013:

The World's End by Alex Pardee

pardee-the-worlds-end.jpg

18x24 signed number giclee. edition of 400. $60.

How to buy online: http://www.zerofriends.com/ @ 9:01 PM PAC

Anyone here have a Mononoke print?
I was just wondering if this white-ish fog kind of effect (just above the eyes and below the large Japanese title) is supposed to be like this on the print. I thought it was supposed to be like this but now I am not so sure so I want to double check. :p

mononoke-01.JPG

I hope to frame this and the full Variant set sometime soon. :D

Sushigod7

Nice pick up! Certainly a hard set to track down, waiting on the framing? I assume your going to go all out to get them done right.

Anyone here have a Mononoke print?
I was just wondering if this white-ish fog kind of effect (just above the eyes and below the large Japanese title) is supposed to be like this on the print. I thought it was supposed to be like this but now I am not so sure so I want to double check. :p

mononoke-01.JPG

I hope to frame this and the full Variant set sometime soon. :D

Doesn't look that bad in the pictures, I have the reg and it's a little darker in those spots. Is it really noticeable in person?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Nice pick up! Certainly a hard set to track down, waiting on the framing? I assume your going to go all out to get them done right.

Doesn't look that bad in the pictures, I have the reg and it's a little darker in those spots. Is it really noticeable in person?

I'd like to get olly to sign before framing. But yeah, it will be all out with museum glass/plexi at the framing devil.

Also - that Mononoke variant looks normal to me

Thanks guys, guess it is normal. :)
It's not really that noticeable but I was just curious since online I don't see these marks based off of the Moss' original images, and don't really see that many real life photos of the Variant for some reason.

I will post more images once I get all 4 Ghibli variants framed.

Sushigod7

Thanks guys, guess it is normal. :)
It's not really that noticeable but I was just curious since online I don't see these marks based off of the Moss' original images, and don't really see that many real life photos of the Variant for some reason.

I will post more images once I get all 4 Ghibli variants framed.

Nice! That is a great set as well. Lots of Moss love tonight.

Bii

k gents. here it is... still can't believe I own these

Wow.

Funny story, those posters marked the first time I had ever visited Mondo's website and actually tried to purchase something. I remembered it like it was yesterday. It was a few days before Christmas, and I was ready to shell out $150 plus shipping for the three posters. At the time, $50 per poster sounded a LOT to me but made it an exception that it would be worth it if I get the whole set. Well, I didn't get the posters and my Christmas sucked.

Congrats! :D

Sushigod7

Wow.

Funny story, those posters marked the first time I had ever visited Mondo's website and actually tried to purchase something. I remembered it like it was yesterday. It was a few days before Christmas, and I was ready to shell out $150 plus shipping for the three posters. At the time, $50 per poster sounded a LOT to me but made it an exception that it would be worth it if I get the whole set. Well, I didn't get the posters and my Christmas sucked.

Congrats! :D

Your story makes me sad, Mondo home of crushed dreams and ruined Christmas's.

IronRinn

k gents. here it is... still can't believe I own these

Very nice. I still remember getting the Sold Out notice after payment processing when these dropped. Still stings.

Also, one of these sets just went on EB for ~$5000.00, firmly putting it into Never Own territory, unless I win the lottery or something.

Kerrinck

Very nice. I still remember getting the Sold Out notice after payment processing when these dropped. Still stings.

Also, one of these sets just went on EB for ~$5000.00, firmly putting it into Never Own territory, unless I win the lottery or something.

Same here. At least I still have a bit of hope with the Stouts as long as they don't explode in price.

suplex

Very nice pickup!

I didn't go for those on the drop because although they're really nice, they're just not for me. I did manage to score the Stout set on the drop though, through PayPal no less. That was before I knew better, haha.

Can't wait to see what you do with the framing on those.

If I were to do an Attack on Titan commission would anyone here be interested? Want to gauge interest.

Update on MGS commission. Ash is back in the U.S. and hopes to have it done by the month's end. Considering different paper options.

Sushigod7

If I were to do an Attack on Titan commission would anyone here be interested? Want to gauge interest.

Update on MGS commission. Ash is back in the U.S. and hopes to have it done by the month's end. Considering different paper options.

Yup I'd be in that show is crazy. Cool on the MGS print curious to see his final piece.

Kalren

Guess that would be a good incentive for me to actually start watching Attack on Titan

Bii

Yes. Oh god yes. To Attack on Titan and MGS commission.

Guess that would be a good incentive for me to actually start watching Attack on Titan

Oh man. You have got to watch it. Now would be the perfect time. It's up for stream legally here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luYOt2-c2TI

Synopsis: Attack On Titan is set in a world where the remains of the human population live inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the sudden appearance of the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The story centers around the life of Eren Jaeger and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, whose lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal titan. . .

rinemy

Banned
Attack on Titan Commission
Me and possibly a +1

ps: we should do a kingdom hearts one to "celebrate" the re-release of the HD version :p

Sushigod7

Oh man. You have got to watch it. Now would be the perfect time. It's up for stream legally here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luYOt2-c2TI

Synopsis: Attack On Titan is set in a world where the remains of the human population live inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the sudden appearance of the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The story centers around the life of Eren Jaeger and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, whose lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal titan. . .

Also on Hulu plus if you have that subscription already.

http://www.hulu.com/attack-on-titan

Couldn't resist posting this

ibg15DxTVX7d2b.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Jstevenson...I hate you so much right now... :p
My most wanted prints are those three and the three Lord of the Rings prints. (Aside from a hypothetical Halo or Mirror's Edge print).

EDIT: Mockingbird, any news on the Metal Gear commission?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Wow jstevenson. Even if you got a "deal", I can't even imagine. Either way, congrats, that's one hell of a set to own.

Cool, my Metropolis arrived today! First thing I've both directly from an artist.

Please don't show me those Star Wars again. ;_; ;_; ;_;

That Metropolis really is gorgeous. I keep wishing I'd grabbed one. I suppose I probably still could, but my wallet...

I guess it depends on the artist, but the series is pretty good, so yeah I think I would be.

I'd be interested in a potential Titan print. Any specific artists in mind, Mockingbird?

Right now it's more gauging to see how many people are familiar with it and might want a print. I think Ash's style would fit well but I know he's yet to see it; plus it'd be a while since he's working on Metal Gear. Not sure what other artists would work at the moment. Mark Lone might be able to do something killer as well.

But most like I might try and explore some artists who have yet to do prints and see if I can find someone new.

In other news:

Game & Print Club won't have a release this month. Animal Crossing and Xenoblade prints should start shipping around the end of the month or early next.

Here is a preview of things to come from Game & Print Club:

preview_zps072f2e5f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom