• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

If I were theoretically going to do another set of these, in time for a certain holiday when gifts are customarily exchanged, who would you really like to see?

When I finished the first set I didn't think I wanted to do any more for a while, but they're just so much fun to make. I keep thinking of characters I'd like to draw. I've been making a rough list of ones I think would work.

Finish up the original 150/151 Pokemon set? As a super rare, you can opt to include a Shiny Charizard or something for lucky buyers.

Gotta be honest, if that were to happen, I would probably a dozen sets. D:

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
If I were theoretically going to do another set of these, in time for a certain holiday when gifts are customarily exchanged, who would you really like to see?

Old Snake and Olimar/the Pikmins would be incredible, man!

Also Coolspot...because I still have my snes cartridge of that in my place right now.

Moss

Finish up the original 150/151 Pokemon set? As a super rare, you can opt to include a Shiny Charizard or something for lucky buyers.

Gotta be honest, if that were to happen, I would probably a dozen sets. D:

I'm sort of working on this off and on but 150 characters is a lot to do AND a lot of them are quite samey. The heroes are sillier and more fun to make.

When I finished the first set I didn't think I wanted to do any more for a while, but they're just so much fun to make. I keep thinking of characters I'd like to draw. I've been making a rough list of ones I think would work.

Banjo/Kazooie
Cortana
These two are the ones I would loved to see! Getting a great Cortana art piece is so difficult these days...

And what about this guy:
psychonauts_raz.png

Raven84

Neo Member
Mario
Samus
Nathan Drake
Guybrush
John Marsden
Manny Calavera
Sonic
Elizabeth
Garrus
Thane Krios
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Francis York Morgan
Old Snake
Ezio

and
Raz definitely

Kerrinck

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Ryo Hazuki
Zelda/Tetra
Ken
Vega
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Elizabeth
Wander
Kirby (with smash bros variants)
Alyx Vance
Peach
Doom Guy
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Ezio

Definitely these for me.
As for suggestions, Lan Di, Fatal Fury trio, Simon Belmont, Alucard, Shulk, Celes.
There's way too many to name actually so I just mentioned a few off the top of my head.

shas'la

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Professor Oak
Guybrush
Ryo Hazuki
John Marsden
Manny Calavera
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Ken
Vega
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Coolspot
Elizabeth
SCV
Agent 47
Garrus
Thane Krios
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Banjo/Kazooie
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Peach
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Commander Keen
Doom Guy
Gomez
Francis York Morgan
Sam/Max
Frank West
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Ezio

Monkey/trip (enslaved)
Jade (Beyond good and evil)
Professor Layton
Bayonetta
Dante (old Dante or new Dante :p)
Snorlax
Katamari

Sigma722

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Nes

Zelda/Tetra
Sonic
Banjo/Kazooie
Tali
Wander
Kirby (with smash bros variants) - This should be a 12x18 print imo
Peach
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link

My short list with MUSTs bolded :)

I feel like since megaman and Ash/Red aren't aren't in your list (but professor oak is) that one of them is the secret print :)

Side note. You probably will want to get moving on these if you want them to actually be out and trading by Xmas ;)

dvdjamm

I haven't looked in here in awhile,but I haven't gotten my Ghibli soundtrack vinyl yet. Has anyone gotten it or is this just a big delay on their part?

Edit : Thanks,Sigma722

Bii

I'm sort of working on this off and on but 150 characters is a lot to do AND a lot of them are quite samey. The heroes are sillier and more fun to make.

Oh, awesome. I'm hoping you release the Koffing that you've done in honor of Ryan Davis (unless you did, and I missed it?).

Besides that, I think you should do the ones you've already listed, since those are ones you're already interested in doing. Anything else would just be icing on the cake.

rinemy

Banned
My wish is also the Ryan Davis koffing print. Regretably GB pulled the sale of the F RYAN DAVIS shirt. So aside from a few PAX panels, threads there really hasn't been anything to commemorate him.

But I understand if there was a print this was an open edition I would imagine it would require an immense amount shipping handling and if it is a small edition it would immediately go on ebay for hundreds.

Aside from other prints, more trading would be really nice. I had fun with that

Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
Haohmaru, Nakoruru with Mamahaha (Samurai Shodown)
Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
Kula Diamond, Iori Yagami, Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters)
Layton (Professor Layton)
Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
Zero (9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Vyse, Fina, Aika (Skies of Arcadia Legends)
Lissa (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Guillo (Baten Kaitos Origins)
Phoenix (Phoenix Wright)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Nabbit (New Super Luigi U)
Zelda (Skyward Sword version)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk: Room 215)
Pit + Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Harvest Moon Main Character

Surfing Pikachu (Pokemon)

Any chance of a golden ticket for videogame heroes / villains for the next wave of release?

I stumbled onto neogaf solely because of this thread XD

Lol! Really? Not because of the gaming? Hahaha.

Salamando

Mario
Luigi
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Guybrush
Manny Calavera
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Elizabeth
Garrus
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Peach
Olimar/Pikmin
Doom Guy
Sam/Max
Frank West

Those are the one's I'm most interested in, from your list. To add some others...

Amaterasu (Okami)
Vyse, Fina, Aika (Skies of Arcadia Legends)
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)

Sushigod7

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi

Professor Oak
Guybrush
Ryo Hazuki
John Marsden
Manny Calavera
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Ken
Vega
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Coolspot
Elizabeth
SCV
Agent 47
Garrus
Thane Krios
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Banjo/Kazooie
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Peach
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Commander Keen
Doom Guy
Gomez
Francis York Morgan
Sam/Max
Frank West
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Ezio

These all would be amazing. I would only suggest

Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Mark of the Ninja (a ninja please)
MG Gray Fox
Muramasa - Momohime in particular (I'd kill for any of the characters)
Okami - Amaterasu

It also would be awesome to be able to choose. The trading and blind box is cool but only if they get spread out properly, certainly wouldn't stop me from getting more I'll just buy more than 3 this time.

b3b0p

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Professor Oak
Guybrush
Ryo Hazuki
John Marsden
Manny Calavera
Ness
Zelda/Tetra
Ken
Vega
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Coolspot
Elizabeth
SCV
Agent 47
Garrus
Thane Krios
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Banjo/Kazooie
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Peach
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Commander Keen
Doom Guy
Gomez
Francis York Morgan
Sam/Max
Frank West
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Ezio

Capcom Disney: Scrooge, Mickey, Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck, Donald (Quackshot)
Bo Jackson (Tecmo Bowl)
Shenmue
Yoshi
Donkey Kong

LordCanti

Mario
Samus
Professor Oak
Zelda/Tetra
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Elizabeth
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Peach
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link

I bolded the ones that I'd think would be amazing. A set of Link in various masks would be awesome, and a Wander/Mono (or Wander/Agro) print would go great with the Ico print.

Edit: I like the Amaterasu idea as well.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Samus
Vivi
Ryo Hazuki
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Alyx Vance
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Doom Guy
Sam/Max
Deku/Goron/Zora Link

More of these would be awesome, and those would be my picks.

May I also suggest any of the major recurring characters from the Yakuza series? As in Kazuma or Haurka. Heck, even if you're not interested in drawing them, I recommend playing the series if you haven't already.

As for my Blind Boxes, finally some movement on the tracking. It departed the local sort facility this morning. I probably won't get it until tomorrow of course, but it seems like that's the day! So excited!

IronRinn

Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Ryo Hazuki
John Marsden
Zelda/Tetra
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Elizabeth
Garrus
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Clementine
Francis York Morgan

Pretty Mass Effect heavy but definitely need a Samus.

the chris

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Nathan Drake
Vivi
Professor Oak
Guybrush
Ryo Hazuki
John Marsden
Manny Calavera
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Ken
Vega
Poenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Coolspot
Elizabeth
SCV
Agent 47
Garrus
Thane Krios
Mordin Solus
Wrex
Banjo/Kazooie
Tali
Cortana
Wander
Alyx Vance
Peach
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Commander Keen
Doom Guy
Gomez
Francis York Morgan
Sam/Max
Frank West
Old Snake
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Ezio

I would love to see a Garrus print, I also wouldn't mind seeing these characters:

- Sora from Kingdom Hearts
- Papa Nier or Kaine from Nier
- Any of the three main characters from Catherine
- Any of the characters from Dragon's Crown
- Kratos from God of War
- Solaire from Dark Souls
- Dante from Devil May Cry 1-4
- Isaac from Dead Space

Great list, I would pick up most of them, I'll add more votes for:

Mario
Luigi
Leon S Kennedy
Samus
Vivi
Professor Oak
Ryo Hazuki
Manny Calavera
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Phoenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Sonic
Coolspot
SCV
Banjo/Kazooie
Cortana
Wander
Olimar/Pikmin
Doom Guy
Francis York Morgan
Sam/Max
Frank West

and some new ideas

Prof Layton - Layton
Tom Nook/KK Slider - Animal Crossing
Vibri - Vib Ribbon
Arthur - Ghouls'n'Ghost/Ghosts'n'Goblins
Mr Game&Watch
Celes/Kefka/anyone from FF6/Chocobo/Moogle... - Final Fantasy
Solaire - Dark Souls
Amaterasu - Okami
Geralt - Witcher
Vault Boy - Fallout
Slime - Dragon Quest
Heather/Mira - Silent Hill
team - Team Fortress 2

I should stop now. I will buy way too many of the next wave. And I'm absolutely dying to finish my 6 for pokemon, and I agree the evolutions make them too samey, I don't even like most of the evolved forms of my team favorites.

As long as you are having fun I'm sure the prints will be amazing.

Jhriad

Kefka <- head and shoulders above anything else
Moogle
Chocobo
Nathan Drake
Kirby
Sackboy
Crash Bandicoot
Dirk the Daring (Guy from Dragons Lair)
Pac man
Kane (Command & Conquer)
Minsc & Boo

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Guybrush
Manny Calavera
Phoenix Wright
Faith (Mirror's Edge)
Minsc
Wander
Clementine
Olimar/Pikmin
Doom Guy
Sam/Max
Ezio

Would be down for anyone of these. Might sub in Sam & Max for Purple Tentacle.

Some suggestions:
Adam Jensen
JC Denton
Garrett
Murray and Morte (I don't know about having two characters from different games, but it'd be funny)
TF2 Soldier
Travis Touchdown
the Sliencer from Crusader

TommyT

Zelda/Tetra
Deku/Goron/Zora Link

Sure, I'd buy those. If anyone gets extras, lemme know!

?

teeg

Mario
Luigi
Banjo/Kazooie
Professor Oak
Sonic
Samus
Nes
Zelda/Tetra
Coolspot
Olimar/Pikmin
Deku/Goron/Zora Link
Vega
Commander Keen
Doom Guy
Wander

I'd love any of the above, but also want to add a few I think would look great:
Goro (I'm picturing him knitting a sweater, and realizing he only put 2 arm in it.)
Zangief (a companion piece for Dhalsim)
Donkey Kong (more classic arcade style than the DKC style)

Sushigod7

There's a good chance I don't know what to do with the sticker pack maybe I can share some of my stickers with you or sell it at cost. We'll see when it comes in.

I was thinking the same thing and didn't order them I would just put them away somewhere and never look at them again. lol

Sushigod7

Is there a part of the game where you drive a kitty around with a forklift???? If so, GAME OF THE FOREVER!!!!

You drive around a forklift on the docks for a job during the game and lots of kitties run around the little town. They don't ever get combined unfortunately that would be a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom