• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that was for the Nic Cage movie until a google search showed me that his movie was a remake of an older film. =x

The Wicker Man is the best horror that is not a horror movie movie ever made. And it's also a musical. Kinda. Anyway it's fantastic and an absolute must see.

Just received the blu-ray and bit for the poster too.

Victoria Ying did another awesome Game of Thrones piece:

tumblr_musayuGKNZ1qkxrq4o1_1280.jpg

Got a yellow and a blue The One Who Knocks.

Actually I ordered a blue because the yellow was showing out of stock, then became available right after. I panicked and ordered the yellow too.

Sushigod7

If they have Halo stuff...I may very well die a happy man.

1382406_615046875213047_422250372_n.jpg

#ISO

Cool! Wonder what they will be selling.

edit: Got excited when I read the title as Ghost in the Shell first, lol, still should be a really interesting show Bungie has loads of great concept art.

IronRinn

My god, I can't believe I didn't think of this before...

@Moss I need a PB for Mike Mitchell's Fat Bird and maybe his Edward Scissorhands JLU if he makes one at Thought Bubble. I can pay for shipping and a little extra or maybe a corduroy blazer, hit me up bro.

Meier

My god, I can't believe I didn't think of this before...

If I recall, he showed it a year or so ago when he displayed some unfinished/unreleased ideas on his tumblr (when he showed that badass Ghost GOT print that never came out). Loved the idea then, love it now.

IronRinn

If I recall, he showed it a year or so ago when he displayed some unfinished/unreleased ideas on his tumblr (when he showed that badass Ghost GOT print that never came out). Loved the idea then, love it now.

Nononononono, I meant I couldn't believe I didn't think of asking Olly to PB for me when I put out a call to any UK GAFers who were attending Thought Bubble. It was so obvious. No way he won't be able to grab them Mitchells. This will totally work. I am a genius!

Edit: Ansin's layouts definitely have phases, don't they. Wonder what he'll move on to after this panel stuff.

omgkitty

Nononononono, I meant I couldn't believe I didn't think of asking Olly to PB for me when I put out a call to any UK GAFers who were attending Thought Bubble. It was so obvious. No way he won't be able to grab them Mitchells. This will totally work. I am a genius!

Edit: Ansin's layouts definitely have phases, don't they. Wonder what he'll move on to after this panel stuff.

If he helps you, can you get him to grab me one of his own prints for me too? Cool, thanks.

IronRinn

If he helps you, can you get him to grab me one of his own prints for me too? Cool, thanks.

WHOA! Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Whoa.

If he's gonna PB for two people we're going to have to up our game. This cotton corduroy shit ain't gonna cut it. Gonna have to go tweed. And probably not that wool/nylon blend shit either. Like, full wool.

Sushigod7

I am judging the film from the trailers

Oh man I totally read your post for some reason as "didn't have to do much work" lol sorry buddy. I haven't really watched but one trailer on this I heard the books are good but the author is a nut job. I'll probably watch this at some point.

I_Am_CC

Put the bitch in a frame today. I didn't want such a basic frame for this one but it will do for now.

ibxF7Fa76PZBcc.png

And I got this yesterday with the Disgaea D2 strategy guide. Not bad for a freebie.

i1ddEzmJo3lpg.png

Sushigod7

Put the bitch in a frame today. I didn't want such a basic frame for this one but it will do for now.

ibxF7Fa76PZBcc.png

And I got this yesterday with the Disgaea D2 strategy guide. Not bad for a freebie.

i1ddEzmJo3lpg.png

Wow that freebie is pretty good! I've always wanted to get into Disgaea to many things to play nice Alien collection!

lupinko

Did anyone see the Maniac VHS Mondo is putting out? I hope that's not the actual video tape they are going to sell...
since the tab is still there and it can be taped over. LOL But then again just putting on scotch tape on the space recreates the tab.

Meier

New addition to the family (sorry for the poor quality pic)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/templeusox/2013-10-18143929.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Love that frame! My Game & Print Club prints came this week and they're fantastic. GREAT packaging, Mockingbird!

Sushigod7

Man, I love, LOVE this poster. This film is one of my wife and my favorite Wes Anderson films and we actually looked for a good poster for this film a while back with no luck.

Yeah the Jay Larson that was out there wasn't my thing this is pretty cool he nailed it in my opinion he is getting more consistant with faces the Star Wars piece he did I picked up it's amazing in person. Also got these this week, both went in my daughters room which is now full of Totoro, Hello Kitty, a G&P print and Disney prints. She has more art up than the rest of the house. lol

Amazing job on the print Mockingbird the paper really makes the piece, should have bought two of this one so I could have one on my G&P wall but I can share.

Elia Fernandez has made available her signed a song of ice and fire portraits in a bundle:

asoiaf_prints_by_elia_illustration-d6qkjfp.png

You can buy them individually as well: http://www.eliaillustration.com/shop

asha greyjoy

asha_.jpg

Daenerys Targaryen

dany_.jpg

---------

Amazing job on the print Mockingbird the paper really makes the piece, should have bought two of this one so I could have one on my G&P wall but I can share.

Nice frame up! Thanks much!

---------

Love that frame! My Game & Print Club prints came this week and they're fantastic. GREAT packaging, Mockingbird!

Glad everything arrived safely. Your package had 5 prints!

The photo is a bit overexposed, but here is the next Game & Print Club release. It won't be out for quite a while though, but I got a sample copy in and it looks gorgeous. Art is by Steven Hughes -- the same artist who did the Last Stand print.

I should be able to release it by the year's end, I hope. Even though this is done and ready to go, I'd like to pair it with one or two other releases.

Sushigod7

The photo is a bit overexposed, but here is the next Game & Print Club release. It won't be out for quite a while though, but I got a sample copy in and it looks gorgeous. Art is by Steven Hughes -- the same artist who did the Last Stand print.

I should be able to release it by the year's end, I hope. Even though this is done and ready to go, I'd like to pair it with one or two other releases.

Loving the DK, I was staring at the teaser for so long trying to figure out what it was then it clicked. lol Nice work again.

Sushigod7

That's a pretty cool didn't see it anywhere to confirm pricing but that is a good price to me. I had a similar experience this week I scored this the other day on ebay for 19.99.

edit: Found it Todd Slater is the artist his cost is $50 so you got a good deal!

Fletcher

I guess people are anticipating the MMM:LA tickets to be announced soon. I'm going to be trying for tickets, but if they drop when I'm at work I'm boned.

Could PB for someone who isn't going to be able to go that might be able to snag two tickets. Man. I hope it's Die Hard.

WHOOOO!!
Just quick iPhone pictures after picking this beauty up today. So excited.
1dKfY7ql.jpg

dfwvNI6l.jpg

I can't wait to get Spirited and Howl's up on the wall next to these two. I want to continue the scheme of having a bright pop of color in the frame. I think for Spirited I'll use the golden yellow color that it has throughout the piece, but I'm not really sure about Howl's. You guys have any ideas?

10/24/2013:

Ender's Game by Martin Ansin

7a7dff5f43cd116d168c8c2c_533x799.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 340. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Ender's Game Variant Edition by Martin Ansin

d8feab7c18e2bf70e4f3dc55_533x799.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 160. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom