• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_eX

Not a huge fan of these new Olly Moss designs, they focus too much on props. From a distance the new ones look like a Forklift, Pipe and Barrel of hay with a small head half poking out.

I don't mean disrespect by this, just my opinion. From a distance on my wall, people will wonder why I have these random props on show until they take a closer look.

The focus should be on the hero, not the prop.

Trasher

Not a huge fan of these new Olly Moss designs, they focus too much on props. From a distance the new ones look like a Forklift, Pipe and Barrel of hay with a small head half poking out.

I don't mean disrespect by this, just my opinion. From a distance on my wall, people will wonder why I have these random props on show until they take a closer look.

The focus should be on the hero, not the prop.

I see what you're saying. I actually really like the Shenmue one though. Mario one is good too. I'm not a fan of the AC games, but that one is the most "boring" to me, and probably for the reason of personally not knowing the game very well.

BWNd_jjIcAECXey.jpg:large

Alpha_eX

The Shenmue one is great but the Mario one is a bit of a let down, would have much rather had Mario standing clear with a powerup in hand or something by his side.

Still, it is a lovely drawing of a pipe and god DAMN that is a fine looking box of hay.

Sushigod7

hahaha that Ass creed one is great but hate the games. I think the props are great if your a fan of the games then you know instantly what it is if your not well to bad you don't get the joke. No other artists really have done a series like this so it's a pretty fresh idea I think.

Sushigod7

I would be happy to own anything from Olly.

To bad, I'm always late on things. :(

Keep track of this thread then this new set will be on sale within the next month. Or just follow Moss on twitter and set a mobile alert it will be almost effortless. Oh and save money we can't do that for you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like the props honestly, it gives them a little more whimsy than just "vidya gaem character standing around".

Riptwo

same.

Can't wait for Silver Surfer to drop.... no work will be done today. Newbie question: how long before it's up do they announce on twitter?

The twitter announcement generally happens after they're up on the site, and by the time you see the tweet, it's generally too late. Just keep refreshing!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
inb4 it was an easy drop posts.

But yes, it was my first Mondo purchase as well!

I'll say it. Four minutes is pretty long for a Mondo drop.

That being said, it's a super nice print, particularly for fans. Glad to see it went pretty well and wasn't an impossible pickup for the real fans out there.

Excited to see what else is coming in the Marvel line.

Sushigod7

That being said, it's a super nice print, particularly for fans. Glad to see it went pretty well and wasn't an impossible pickup for the real fans out there.

Wow long time for this one figured it be gone in less than 1 min. Great pick up for fans congrats if you got it!

Yeah I assume if they pick a more popular character it'll be gone in a minute

Kerrinck

Finally got my blind boxes and unfortunately there are still a lot that I need.
Anyone looking to get rid of duplicates? I have a Lara for trade and already have Fox, Lara, Freeman, Dhalsim and Bomb Link.

Glassboy

Olly, I will love you forever if you do guybrush threepwood. Also it would be cool if one could just buy them as as set next time. Also, please do more ff7 characters. If you did the main cast over time, I would die a happy man. It would be the jewel of my collection. Keep it up!

With the exception of international orders, all Game & Print Club orders are going out today. Tracking numbers should've been sent via paypal an hour or so ago. Sorry for the longer wait this time around. The prints look great!

No new releases for October. Next ones are either November or December.

10/11/2013:

Godzilla artist proof edition by Phantom City Creative

MONDO_GODZILLA_MAIN2.jpg

"GODZILLA" (main) 24" x 36" Signed AP edition of 37 (separate of Mondo's edition). Printed by Seizure Palace. $85

How to buy online: http://phantomcitycreative.bigcartel.com/ between 2-3 PM EST

Godzilla variant artist proof edition by Phantom City Creative

MONDO_GODZILLA_ALT2.jpg

"GODZILLA" 24" x 36" Signed AP edition of 25 (separate of Mondo's edition). Printed by D&L Screen Printing. $125

How to buy online: http://phantomcitycreative.bigcartel.com/ between 2-3 PM EST

The Shenmue one is great but the Mario one is a bit of a let down, would have much rather had Mario standing clear with a powerup in hand or something by his side.

Still, it is a lovely drawing of a pipe and god DAMN that is a fine looking box of hay.

I can see what you are saying about Mario and AC. Having said that I think they both really capture the essence of the characters the way that they are. I honestly think I would be a little disappointed if we were presented with some standard, static pose/design. The fact that we are getting something different, a little obscure yet a quintessential characteristic, is just part and parcel about what I love about Olly's designs and pieces.

To be a little controversial the Shenmue is my least favourite of the three because I dont really know the game (sorry!) and it is not one that I would be the most excited about. However, I would be incredibly happy to get my hands on it at some point and it would be an amazing addition to my collection. It would definitely merit getting framed.

IronRinn

Figured I would ask here, just in case: Any UK GAFers attending Thought Bubble Comic Con this November who would consider picking up a print for me? Specifically, it looks like Mike Mitchell is going to have a new Fat Bird. Would cover cost/shipping plus some.

Seeing this official artwork for a link between worlds reminds me how much we need to get someone awesome on a Zelda commission. Love this piece so much.

1384385_377317895734480_314909830_n.jpg

Not sure if this is the best place to post about this, but figured I'd give it a shot as I've been lurking for a while... Has anyone ordered anything from Cook & Becker? I got a Journey print from them and it arrived with a little damage, wondering if it's appropriate to reach out to them about it. In the scheme the damage is fairly minor, but it doesn't appear to have happened during shipping but during the Dibond process itself. The art wasn't cheap, either. Just looking for some thoughts / other experiences if there are any.
R0OQnnl.jpg
q61U1hM.jpg

FnPU5Wb.jpg
YzvAton.jpg

Not sure if this is the best place to post about this, but figured I'd give it a shot as I've been lurking for a while... Has anyone ordered anything from Cook & Becker? I got a Journey print from them and it arrived with a little damage, wondering if it's appropriate to reach out to them about it. In the scheme the damage is fairly minor, but it doesn't appear to have happened during shipping but during the Dibond process itself. The art wasn't cheap, either. Just looking for some thoughts / other experiences if there are any.
I've got 2 that came in perfect shape, but for the price I expect them to be perfect. Their service has always been exemplary, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them. Doesn't look bad enough that I would ask for a replacement, but I'm sure they could do something to make up for the damage.

Seeing this official artwork for a link between worlds reminds me how much we need to get someone awesome on a Zelda commission. Love this piece so much.

Count me in! Big Zelda fan and would love a limited piece provided the artist does it justice and it doesnt break the bank.
Have you see the Wind Waker HD blik wall graphics? I've got a few hanging in my office, they're absolutely beautiful. It's like the Church of Zelda!
zelda_helmarocking_product.jpg

I've got 2 that came in perfect shape, but for the price I expect them to be perfect. Their service has always been exemplary, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them. Doesn't look bad enough that I would ask for a replacement, but I'm sure they could do something to make up for the damage.
Thanks for the reply! I sent them an email, we'll see what they say. For the price I certainly expected "perfection."

You're welcome! I have the one I linked, Princess, and Gold. They're stunning. If you're going to get some, sign up for their newsletter first. You'll get a code for 20% off!

I think I may just have to indulge in a few. Also thinking, although it kind of defeats the purpose of them, seeing what they look like in a frame / on a framed mirror or something along those lines. I would never be allowed to put them on a wall in work but I could maybe just maybe hang a picture...

Sushigod7

You know my thoughts on this, I hadn't seen this official piece looks amazing. One of the few games I'm excited about this fall/winter. I'm all in if this were to happen.

Sushigod7

You got two? From the initial drop?

edit: Just throwing this out there but as a fan of Breaking Bad if anyone has a Campbell "Upon the Mount" they are willing to let go for a reasonable price PM me please. I'd owe you and love you forever plus I have some Moss heroes I would throw in with cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom