• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that Ender's game is tempting, love the books, don't want to support the crazy author, so it might be perfect...

On the other hand, the movie could be terrible

Jhriad

Just curious but what's the status on the GAF commissioned piece? I remember seeing something about him ditching the old piece and restarting and was curious what the new one was looking like.

Just curious but what's the status on the GAF commissioned piece? I remember seeing something about him ditching the old piece and restarting and was curious what the new one was looking like.

No images yet, unfortunately but I suspect some time in November there will be an update. Sorry it's taking so long.

The Ansin Ender's game is cool and all but I love the Japanese promo posters!

akiakane_banner.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ender is up.

I find it hilarious that on prints I don't care for I always see Mondo's tweet right when it's up but on prints I really want I always miss out.

Sigma722

For those in Austin (and potentially everyone else at a later date):

OrtizAlien5.jpg

Alien by Randy Ortiz

Available at both Alien screenings at Alamo Ritz this weekend.

Tickets here:

Here

Has anyone who contacted Campbell Whyte received a reply?

Yes. Apparently he got flooded with requests for commissions and is handling them in order of when he got them. He told me that mine would be out in a week or two, but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet

Greyvvolf

Yes. Apparently he got flooded with requests for commissions and is handling them in order of when he got them. He told me that mine would be out in a week or two, but I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything yet
When did you send the payment for your commission? Mine was on the 15th.

Sushigod7

Has anyone who contacted Campbell Whyte received a reply?

I got a reply saying he would do the two I asked about sent him back a note about more details and asked when he wanted payment and he hasn't replied that was the day I posted his story here. So you guys are doing better than me I sent him a email within hours of his story going up.

edit: Stout anything Anime is gold in my book, wish he would do a Ghost in the Shell and make my dreams come true.

Update on the MGS Commission:

A new image for Ninja hasn't been produced yet, unfortunately. Ash hasn't come up with an image he's fully happy with yet. He actually had to drop out of the Tales from the Crypt show that Mondo's having tomorrow since he has a lot of work piled up.

With that said, apologies on the amount of time it's taking for this commission to get completed.

If you've any questions or concerns though, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sushigod7

A new image for Ninja hasn't been produced yet, unfortunately. Ash hasn't come up with an image he's fully happy with yet. He actually had to drop out of the Tales from the Crypt show that Mondo's having tomorrow since he has a lot of work piled up.

With that said, apologies on the amount of time it's taking for this commission to get completed.

If you've any questions or concerns though, please don't hesitate to let me know.

This is kind of why Moss said he didn't want to get involved in a commission since the time table can be crazy. I'm cool with him taking more time I liked the images he sent but I'm sure he can do better.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
For those in Austin (and potentially everyone else at a later date):

OrtizAlien5.jpg

Alien by Randy Ortiz

Available at both Alien screenings at Alamo Ritz this weekend.

Tickets here:

Here

I cannot get over the fact the the hole in the face shield is completely round. Shouldnt it be cranked into pieces? How does the face hugger create that?

Thanks for the updates. Honestly, I'm in no rush whatsoever and I just want Ash to do what he needs to do to create his best work. If it takes another few months, no big deal. Honestly, if Olly would ever agree to do a commission for us, I'd honestly be willing to wait years.

I'm perfectly fine waiting. With the PS4 out next month stealing my money I'm in no hurry. :p

In regards to the wait, I'll try and make up for it somehow. How likely something will happen, I don't know. We still don't have an over 10,000 post celebration print. Lol.

Sigma722

I cannot get over the fact the the hole in the face shield is completely round. Shouldnt it be cranked into pieces? How does the face hugger create that?

I think it melted through it, instead of shattering through it. It took me a really long time to understand what I'm looking at. Overall I think it's a pretty neat idea, but passing.

Sushigod7

I think it melted through it, instead of shattering through it. It took me a really long time to understand what I'm looking at. Overall I think it's a pretty neat idea, but passing.

I think that is exactly what he was going for just melting through, it's a cool piece for Alien fans not for me though.

lupinko

I'm ok for the artist to be left to his own devices, I say let him eat cake I said!

I have no idea where I am going with this. =x

DarkHallMansion said:

Detailed version for those needing specifics will be on our FB or Blog but the short version:

-Lotto: Send us an email at: info@darkhallmansion.com anytime through next Tues' closing at 5 PM PST with "Whalen Standard" or "Whalen Variant" in the subject line per your choice of Folio.

-Next day, Wed Oct 30, at 9 AM PST the lotto winners are notified and have till 12 PM PST to complete their purchase.

-At Noon PST, any remaining Folios offered to winners of a second chance lotto for those not picked on the first go-round. Winners notified and have an hour to pay. Rinse/repeat till edition's sold out.

Thanks much!

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com

You may enter here as well: http://www.emovieposter.com/lottery.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom