• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_CC

New arrival today! Picked up a frame on my lunch to get it hung up quick... but I'm not sure where to put it yet.

iSXi5i2atYoe6.png

Sushigod7

So here is a opportunity to help a artists family and get a cool piece while your at it. Campbell Whyte has been doing these awesome 8 Bit Dreams for a long time his family was in California on holiday and all of their luggage and personal effects were stolen. He is doing commissions based on anything games, comics and films for $50. He also has other higher tier options for more detailed work. He did some amazing stuff for the Fangamer show last month. Help him out!! I just commissioned two pieces and will be picking up some of his other work when it's up on Fangamer. More on the link below.

http://www.campbellwhyte.com/uncategorized/to-the-person-who-took-our-luggage/

His piece for Fangamer X Attract
Various 8 Bit Dreams pieces
Camp Nintendo (available on Fangamer soon)

So here is a opportunity to help a artists family and get a cool piece while your at it. Campbell Whyte has been doing these awesome 8 Bit Dreams for a long time his family was in California on holiday and all of their luggage and personal effects were stolen. He is doing commissions based on anything games, comics and films for $50. He also has other higher tier options for more detailed work. He did some amazing stuff for the Fangamer show last month. Help him out!! I just commissioned two pieces and will be picking up some of his other work when it's up on Fangamer. More on the link below.

Thanks for posting this, I actually contacted him and he's gonna do a Star Wars 14x14cm for me in the 8 Bit Dreams style!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ooh, totally going to ask for a Game of Thrones piece. Thanks for posting it!

Actually, just got back from NYCC. Adam Hughes was doing quick head sketches for charity and asked him for "something Game of Thrones.: Got a cool pic of Ned's head. I'll post it later when I sort through my photos.

IronRinn

Ooh, totally going to ask for a Game of Thrones piece. Thanks for posting it!

Actually, just got back from NYCC. Adam Hughes was doing quick head sketches for charity and asked him for "something Game of Thrones.: Got a cool pic of Ned's head. I'll post it later when I sort through my photos.

Jealous. No interest in GoT but Hughes is so goddamn good. One day I hope to own something by him.

Meier

The local news had something about Dia de los Muertos this morning so I figured it was soon and was going to say I hoped that Olly would post a forthcoming Manny in honor of it, but it isn't until November 1st apparently! Some 2-week long event starts here in Austin on the 19th apparently.

fallengorn

Here's the sketch. Nothing too crazy, but it's pretty neat.

If he comes back next year and does the same thing, I'll probably just ask for the usual cheesecake subjects.

Originally was just going to pick up Jason Edmiston's mashup of Planet of the Apes and Terminator at the con, but also walked away with his Medusa screen print. Looked so awesome IRL. Also picked up a bunch of stuff from Scott C. and Dustin Nguyen. I have no place for any of them. :\

Sad Batman sold out! To be expected though that was a amazing print, some really good stuff is left. Thinking about that Raid71 piece.

Matt Ferguson has some of the run to sell for himself. He should have them up on his website soon. He also already started working on his next piece
BWSsd9PIUAAkUST.jpg

MG310

Damn, I was looking at the Catwoman on day 1 and then just never made it back over to the booth. Oh well...picked up lots of awesome stuff.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What kind of stuff do you guys look for when you're framing?

Honestly I'm a cheap framer. That frame is a $30 Target frame. I like it though, it's their highest end frame. Works well. Typically I get Target frames because they have a thicker border and are solid frames for a good price. Also that way all my prints share a similar style in frames.

Now I just need another print the same size as that World's End one to go on the other side of my wall. Hmm. I'll be on the lookout.

BoxCover_zpsaf148020.jpg

FrankensteinLarge_zpsd4bff241.jpg

CreatureLarge_zpsa3e0d4f4.jpg

Bride: https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net...0x720/1379997_648006891906277_345532182_n.jpg

Los Angeles, CA, October 15, 2013

PRNewswire/­Dark Hall Mansion, www.DarkHallMansion.com is simply howling this Halloween season to announce its latest officially licensed release: DHM’s “Universal Monsters x SHAG” Folio by leading contemporary artist SHAG.

Dark Hall Mansion, working with Universal Pictures Group, is proud to offer its one of a kind SHAG thriller, the “Universal Monsters x SHAG” Folio, an exclusive, officially licensed, limited edition 10-Print Folio that any horror collector or SHAG fan will be sure to appreciate!

A singular Folio like no other, SHAG has brought Universal’s legendary Classic Monsters to life in his trademark style, incorporating legends Frankenstein, The Mummy, Dracula, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, and a not to be missed Bride of Frankenstein, all, within a landscape that marries timeless horror films with characters that show us just how cool they were and forever will be.

Artist SHAG has crafted a Folio of 8 stunning individual 18″ x 24″ prints, plus one rather mind bending 2-print splash page panoramic that won’t soon be forgotten. The sheer charm and pathos is at once evocative of Universal’s legendary films while still pure SHAG. Look for SHAG touches like the painting on the wall of the Frankenstein Monster’s pad, a keen reference to Maria and the purity of a tragically doomed friendship that the Monster reflects on to this day, a too sly Dracula with his brides, a relaxed Boris Karloff as the Mummy, showing just how he might unwind after finally recovering his Scroll of Thoth, maybe the Creature showboating for some poolside gals, or a passionate ladies’ man Wolf Man is more your style, but no matter, because they’re all here! ALL the Universal Classic Monsters, officially licensed by Universal Pictures, which was simply thrilled to see their legendary characters immersed in a universe that bridges their world with SHAG’s distinctive and highly stylized own.

Each and every print will be individually numbered and signed by SHAG himself, each measuring 18″ x 24″ with full borders and an image area of 14.5″ x 20.5″ and with all prints being individually screen printed. This extraordinary Folio, which will come in its own custom SHAG-designed case, complete with COA, will be exclusively limited to just 150 Standard Edition Folios available-worldwide-for all Universal Horror and SHAG fans everywhere! A unique pairing of one of Hollywood’s grandest studios with the singular artistic vision that is SHAG, Dark Hall Mansion is proud to finally unveil this project to collectors everywhere.

The Standard edition 10-print “Universal Monsters x SHAG” Folio will price at $1200, while an extremely limited SHAG 10-Print Variant Folio Edition will price at $1900-with only 50 of these select Variant Folio editions available for all collectors worldwide! All Folios will first be made available for purchase to buyers of DHM’s prior SHAG release, who secured their advance purchase option then, and who will be notified by private email
with a specific date (just upcoming) that they need complete their purchases by. But beginning with today’s reveal, Dark Hall Mansion will also accept waiting list registrations for any potential remaining Folios
which will be offered on a first come first served basis with details to
follow, also by private email, to those registering with DHM. So just email us at: info@darkhallmansion.com with the words “SHAG x Universal” in
the subject line and you will be promptly notified this week if any Folios
are still available after reserve buyers have been contacted.

NOTE: We will make an announcement on DHM’s Facebook page as well as following up with a Twitter update letting collectors know when
the waiting list will close, so for those interested, register early and please watch carefully for announcements this week!

In fairness to all we ask that waiting list registrants please send ONLY
ONE EMAIL, per household, and do understand that multiple registrations or redundant emails will disqualify your registration.

Thank you to all from Dark Hall Mansion and wishing everyone a very
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Universal Monsters x SHAG limited edition Folio series are created by
Dark Hall Mansion. The Universal Studios Monsters are trademarks and copyrights of Universal Studios. Licensed by Universal Studios Licensing LLC. All Rights Reserved. Dark Hall Mansion is a labor of love. We are passionate about art, about the work of print and poster artists present
and past, here and abroad, we are committed to bringing their skills to
the forefront on projects both compelling and exciting, bridging their
studios and creations directly with your walls and personal collections.

More information can be found on these and other editions available
from Dark Hall Mansion at www.DarkHallMansion.com

Honestly I'm a cheap framer. That frame is a $30 Target frame. I like it though, it's their highest end frame. Works well. Typically I get Target frames because they have a thicker border and are solid frames for a good price. Also that way all my prints share a similar style in frames.

Now I just need another print the same size as that World's End one to go on the other side of my wall. Hmm. I'll be on the lookout.

Yeah, I might give that a shot, right now i'm using arttoframes from Amazon

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Wednesday, October 16th on Mondo: It's a Jason Edmiston Monster Mash:

3b358376b9758113d56cc7be_533x710.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

30582fb69e083b348065ee3a_533x711.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

d46c5c80cff5f51134d50506_533x711.jpg

827858bab7bddbb4498129db_533x711.jpg

Greyvvolf

http://www.campbellwhyte.com/uncategorized/to-the-person-who-took-our-luggage/
Thanks for the info. I emailed him about a commission to do two 8 bit dreams style drawings. I really like his style of art. He was excited about the idea.

fallengorn

I also asked for two 14cm x 14cm commisions, but I just got an awesome idea for an isometric commission. Decisions, decisions...

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Yea they're called one hour drawings. They're $100 (used to be $75) you give him a suggestion on what to draw, and he runs with it.

http://dharbin.bigcartel.com/product/one-hour-drawings

I also got this one a little while back, and have one more I'm waiting on.

tumblr_mkqjaaPQgM1qf3baro1_1280.jpg
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Definitely going to need to pick one up eventually.

Also, I don't think these were posted yet. Super stoked to see that Olly did a LeChuck.

BWoy3aYIYAAgn69.png:large

10/18/2013:

Paul Frank by Dave Perillo

frank_perillo.jpg

COMING SOON - Friday October 18th around 11am PDT
195 piece silk screen edition signed by the artist measuring 12" x 36."
$50.

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/paul-frank-perillo.html @ a random time.

10/16/2013:

The One Who Knocks Variant Edition by Rhys Cooper

Heisenberg_BAD_2_BONEZ_print_fin_WEB.jpg

"The One Who Knocks" silkscreen poster
Bad 2 the Bonez series

4 colour silkscreen poster
with metallic and glow in the dark inks
on heavy 250gsm charcoal paper stock
Edition size partly determined by pre-sale.

18 x 24 inches
All posters numbered and signed.

Available random time 17th Oct Australian time,
US 16th afternoon / night for a capped, timed pre-order.

How to buy online: http://studioseppuku.bigcartel.com/product/bad-2-the-bonez-the-one-who-knocks-meth-blue-screenprint @ a random time.

The One Who Knocks Variant Edition by Rhys Cooper

Heisenberg_BAD_2_BONEZ_print_VARIANT_fin_WEB.jpg

"The One Who Knocks" silkscreen poster
EMPIRE VARIANT
Bad 2 the Bonez series

4 colour silkscreen poster
with metallic and glow in the dark inks
on heavy 250gsm charcoal paper stock
Edition of only 50

18 x 24 inches
All posters numbered and signed.

Available random time 17th Oct Australian time,
US 16th afternoon / night for a capped, timed pre-order.

How to buy online: http://studioseppuku.bigcartel.com/product/bad-2-the-bonez-the-one-who-knocks-empire-variant @ a random time.

orioto

Good Art™
By the way a french friend did that

JURASSIC-PARK_SITE_GA1-512x10241.jpg

Quoted from geekart:

Here we are guys ! Today is the big day. You are now able, for the first time ever on the Geek-Art-Store, to have access to a limited time sale. Today and until this friday at noon you can get the wonderful print by Patrick Connan : Turn the Light Off. From tuesday the 15th to friday the 18th noon only. After that, the print will not be available anywhere. After that it will be too late ! You have access to 2 kind of prints :

The Classic one : 30x60cm, printed on 300g card, numeroted.
The Deluxe One : 50×100, printed on fine art paper, numeroted, shipped with a Geek-Art Certificate of Authenticity.

The number will of course depend on the number of prints that will go…
The prints are available on the Geek-Art-Store until friday the 18th at noon. It won’t be available after that. I mean, ever.

Not pop-culture or anything, but here is anime/manga style art done in screenprinted form:

Shayou (Setting Sun) by Hebitsukai

O5kVAKY.jpg

size 18 x 24 5 color screen print,Hand sign and numbering

has an edition of 30, and will cost $50.

How to buy online: http://zigame.jp/?p=428

I really dig this artist's work, so I tried contacting him to commission using my intermediate level Japanese and English. I wonder if he'll be willing.

Sushigod7

Not pop-culture or anything, but here is anime/manga style art done in screenprinted form:

Shayou (Setting Sun) by Hebitsukai

O5kVAKY.jpg

size 18 x 24 5 color screen print,Hand sign and numbering

has an edition of 30, and will cost $50.

How to buy online: http://zigame.jp/?p=428

I really dig this artist's work, so I tried contacting him to commission using my intermediate level Japanese and English. I wonder if he'll be willing.

This is really good I'm on the edge of buying! I don't even know what the subject is but love it.

Also saw your updated on the G&P on FB, looks awesome can't wait to see the whole thing.

IronRinn

Up now:

The Wicker Man by Richey Beckett

16419.jpg

A LIMITED, NUMBERED screen-printed movie poster by renowned artist Richey Beckett, specially commissioned for the 40th Anniversary of The Wicker Man. The full poster will be revealed at a Halloween screening of the film on 31/10/13. This poster is limited to 300 prints.

£40.00

How to buy online: https://raresleeve.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=16419

God fucking damn this is nice but I have been spending way too much money on prints lately. Shit.

Sushigod7

Richey Beckett does some amazing illustrations I'd like to get something of his work. Never saw the original Wicker Man will have to grab to check out the remake was horrible my wife made me see it in the theater.

IronRinn

Richey Beckett does some amazing illustrations I'd like to get something of his work. Never saw the original Wicker Man will have to grab to check out the remake was horrible my wife made me see it in the theater.

Let me just evangelize to everyone for another moment: If you haven't seen the original or have only seen the abysmal Cage remake please see it. It is some classic creepy British horror and well worth your time, especially if you are a fan of horror.

Sushigod7

Let me just evangelize to everyone for another moment: If you haven't seen the original or have only seen the abysmal Cage remake please see it. It is some classic creepy British horror and well worth your time, especially if you are a fan of horror.

Just added to my queue on Netflix, classics are always better than the remake trash Hollywood is pumping out.

fallengorn

Seconded. It's a classic. The ending will be etched into your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom