• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
Figured I'd ask here one more time...anyone going to Thought Bubble?

wowowow.jpg

whoa, holy shit. Now I wish I was going to Thought Bubble. Damn... going to london instead that weekend. Hopefully any spares (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. ha.) will be put up online.

Sorry for not popping in and gushing at this thread in absolute ages. Money's been crazy tight :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Man, I really hope that Lawrence print doesn't go for crazy prices.

I think Lawerence of Arabia, depending on run sizes, will be more like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Maaaaaybe a bit higher due to the property.

Guessing if you're patient it won't be too bad to pick up secondary market. Only downside is shipping from UK of course.

I've got a guy grabbing all the small prints for me, so that's good. Hopefully it all works out.

Praise jesus Gaf randomly became unblocked at work. Wanted to say hi before the window closes again. Moss mini cards are awesome and I wish I could have them.

11/7/2013:

Migration 3 by Tyler Stout

1751-migration3.jpg

18x24 on cream paper / Commissioned by tstout industrophe
5 Color Screenprint / Printed by D&L Screenprinting . Timed-edition.

How to buy online: Tyler Stout will send an email blast out around the early afternoon PST.

Cheska

No one post about Thor yet?

fd7e88c02dc3eb4cbc7824f1_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

0bf90cc425e1961f2e74283f_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

88e6742221f0478a8ec2ba6e_533x711.jpg

Poster by Mike Mitchell. 12"x16" giclee. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by Static Medium. $50

I want one of these soo bad ;_;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Olly when are you going to do some Avengers Giclee.

I know someone who would really want a Loki Giclee.

11/8/2013:

DuckTales Artist Proof Edition by JJ Harrison

harrisonducktalesarchive_thumb.JPG

24"x36" signed/numbered artist proof edition of 35. $65.

DuckTales_Scrooge_and_the_Nephews_600.jpg

EXCLUSIVE BONUS PRINT. Everyone who gets the DuckTales AP will also receive a free print of my Uncle Scrooge and the Nephews illustration and one lucky tube will be randomly inserted with the original line art (india ink on vellum bristol board) for that drawing!

How to buy online: http://jjharrison.bigcartel.com/product/ducktales-ap-screen-print @ 11 AM PST.

omgkitty

I'm normally very against art shows that focus on a single film or television show, but I've decided I want Mondo to just straight up do a Blade Runner show. Just let everyone get the print they want from the artist they love. I'm talking Olly Moss, Martin Ansin, Tom Whalen, Mark Englert, Killian Eng, Silence Telelvision, Rick Kelly, Jay Shaw, Laurent Durieux, Kevin Tong, Randy Ortiz, Jock, Francavilla. Print up the painting Struzan did for the film (because we all know the dude is way too lazy to create anything original again). Hell, even get Tyler Stout to do a new one
seriously guys, the original is kind of shit
. Do a Mondo soundtrack release of the ENTIRE soundtrack, not just the 12 tracks on all the CD's that's not the full cut. I WANT GOOD BLADE RUNNER PRINTS DAMNIT!!!!!

Sushigod7

I'm normally very against art shows that focus on a single film or television show, but I've decided I want Mondo to just straight up do a Blade Runner show. Just let everyone get the print they want from the artist they love. I'm talking Olly Moss, Martin Ansin, Tom Whalen, Mark Englert, Killian Eng, Silence Telelvision, Rick Kelly, Jay Shaw, Laurent Durieux, Kevin Tong, Randy Ortiz, Jock, Francavilla. Print up the painting Struzan did for the film (because we all know the dude is way too lazy to create anything original again). Hell, even get Tyler Stout to do a new one
. Do a Mondo soundtrack release of the ENTIRE soundtrack, not just the 12 tracks on all the CD's that's not the full cut. I WANT GOOD BLADE RUNNER PRINTS DAMNIT!!!!!

Sounds like a great idea.

Sushigod7

They'll never do it though. They couldn't even get permission to do a showing of the film last summer.

Owch didn't know that, why are they so stingy with the rights? I'd like a big like 30x40 scene of the city done with a few metallic paints. It's really to bad we won't get it.

omgkitty

Owch didn't know that, why are they so stingy with the rights? I'd like a big like 30x40 scene of the city done with a few metallic paints. It's really to bad we won't get it.

I want Olly to finish this:

tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o4_500.jpg

Though knowing Olly if he ever did a print, he'd probably scrap the entire idea and go with something else. Also hate it when artists say they don't need to do a print because someone else did it better, namely Ansin referring to Stout. I think Ansin would kill it.

IronRinn

Also hate it when artists say they don't need to do a print because someone else did it better, namely Ansin referring to Stout. I think Ansin would kill it.

Jesus fucking christ, he really said that? I would kill for an Ansin Blade Runner. I know it might not be a popular opinion but I think Stout's print is terrible. Like Chris Morkaut terrible. Seriously, the faces on that print are jacked. Dude has gotten much better since he did that one.

omgkitty

Jesus fucking christ, he really said that? I would kill for an Ansin Blade Runner. I know it might not be a popular opinion but I think Stout's print is terrible. Like Chris Morkaut terrible. Seriously, the faces on that print are jacked. Dude has gotten much better since he did that one.

Yeah I've always been a staunch hater of the Stout print. The quote actually came from our very own Mockingbird:

Was chatting with Ansin and I asked what his favorite movie was. He said Blade Runner and I was like, "Dude, do a print!" And Ansin replied with, "Man, Stout already killed it. "

I believe this was at the A Distant Winter show last year.

Sushigod7

I want Olly to finish this:

tumblr_mf13updhA21qeqo31o4_500.jpg

Though knowing Olly if he ever did a print, he'd probably scrap the entire idea and go with something else. Also hate it when artists say they don't need to do a print because someone else did it better, namely Ansin referring to Stout. I think Ansin would kill it.

That is awesome, if he decided to go ahead with this it would probably be a exclusive at next years Thought Bubble and all of us in the states would be screwed again =( Olly do it for us!!

omgkitty

I say we start a Twitter campaign to bug the hell out of Martin Ansin to do a Blade Runner print. Basically we need hundreds of people to tweet at Mondo, Ansin and Warner Bros. about doing it. Who's with me???

Sigma722

Ya didn't grab this when it was released?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BSTVEDE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

lupinko

I say we start a Twitter campaign to bug the hell out of Martin Ansin to do a Blade Runner print. Basically we need hundreds of people to tweet at Mondo, Ansin and Warner Bros. about doing it. Who's with me???

I concur with this, but I need to get one knowing how bad Mondotimes are. Unless it's done like the Man of Steel one which is great since a timed drop allows everybody to get one during the alotted time.

Bii

Wait, did I miss G&P's #9 and #10? :(

Also, gonna try for Thor today. Gonna lock my office here at work so I can't be interrupted, haha.

IronRinn

It's like I'm psychic.

o-GRUMPY-CAT-KITTEN-570.jpg

Good to see you back in full swing. :p

Anyway, I will get the Blue Jay because I really like his Fat Birds. Neither JLU is doing it for me.

Related: If anyone is looking for a complete set of Super Series 2 gimme a shout.

Edit: Looks like everything is up.

suplex

I'll probably get Santa because that cracks me up.

I only really like a couple of the supers, wish I could just buy them individually.

I don't see anything there that would classify as “shit“ though.

omgkitty

I'll probably get Santa Barbara because that cracks me up.

I only really like a couple of the supers, wish I could just buy them individually.

I don't see anything there that would classify as “shit“ though.

The idea that he's literally just using a template and is shitting these out every month or so is dumb. I think they'd be much more interesting if he actually took some time and changed them up a little bit with each one. Not to mention he's also got those dumb portraits and the birds as well. The portraits are definitely much more involved, but simply doing the same thing over and over again for every film you can think of is boring and cliche. Mike Mitchell is a very talented artist, and I just wish he would spend more time working on something with a little more artistic creativity than his get rich quick series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom