• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Ltd. art gallery's Pictures Worth a thousand words art show is now up: http://www.ltdartgallery.com/category/current-exhibition

Cool GoT pieces!

Princess_and_Hound_Game_of_Thrones_Damon_Okeefe_Ltd_Art_Gallery_1.jpg

Bran_and_Friends_Game_of_Thrones_Disney_Mona_Collentine_Ltd_Art_Gallery.jpg

Trasher

People are getting emails saying their order was cancelled. Yikes.

Although it sounds like some people were somehow purchasing two sets of tickets (aka a total of four tickets). I thought you were limited to two, so maybe that's why some people are getting that email? I'm not sure.

Edit: Nm. The guy that posted that said he did in fact use two different Mondo accounts.

suplex

I thought about getting tix and giving them to a friend in LA, but it seemed like they were being strict about checking ID of the person picking the tix up vs who bought them.

Anyways my wallet hopes it's a shitty print.

But for those going, I hope it's awesome. Stout Die Hard would be great.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
SPILL IT

Cancellations are still going out...my order number is higher than one that was apparently cancelled. All of a sudden I'm not feeling so well.

I honestly don't know what it is. I've got some things I think are in the realm from talking to folks, but I'm not gonna speculate and/or spill any beans. Let it be a surprise!

uhh, you guys made me check my email, and I only got 1 ticket.
My wife is going to be pissed.

edit: I'll be buying a +1 from someone if they can't use it.

charter

Neo Member
It could still be a Stout with a portion going to him to do a lottery. Mondo's blog just says that they will not be selling any online. Assault on Precinct 13 was a MMM event exclusive with a different colorway released online. Drive, Prophete, Attack the Block were all gallery exclusives with Stout doing a lottery. If the theater holds 400-500 then Stout could easily get 200-300 to sell himself.

Horkey is another good bet with him already having done 20% of the MMM so far.

Taylor is another good bet because he is a work horse.

Ansin is my other guess.

Most people think it is going to be Die Hard but I wouldn't be shocked if they did something out of left field like Horkey Two Towers.

It could still be a Stout with a portion going to him to do a lottery. Mondo's blog just says that they will not be selling any online. Assault on Precinct 13 was a MMM event exclusive with a different colorway released online. Drive, Prophete, Attack the Block were all gallery exclusives with Stout doing a lottery. If the theater holds 400-500 then Stout could easily get 200-300 to sell himself.

Horkey is another good bet with him already having done 20% of the MMM so far.

Taylor is another good bet because he is a work horse.

Ansin is my other guess.

Most people think it is going to be Die Hard but I wouldn't be shocked if they did something out of left field like Horkey Two Towers.

MMMs have a special rule. The thing about MMM is that Mondo doesn't want the mondo to sell their personal copies of these things. Even with assault only the reds ever went on sale. For Stout to get half the run on a MMM wouldn't happen. Not to mention after akira, no other MMM print ever got a legitimate ap sale, really.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Actually APs of City of No Children were sold by P&T, and Tong sold Iron Giant APs.

Believe Horkey's ROTK APs went to his subscribers / club

LaneDS

jstevenson who was the artist that did that fantastic Lost in Translation print you posted a few pages back? I searched briefly but came up empty (you had mentioned it being super rare, so I wasn't surprised).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
jstevenson who was the artist that did that fantastic Lost in Translation print you posted a few pages back? I searched briefly but came up empty (you had mentioned it being super rare, so I wasn't surprised).

The awesome Matt Taylor.

Great UK-based illustrator who used to work at ilovedust, which is the agency doing Sunset Overdrive visual ID stuff for us. Love those guys and I've loved Taylor's work for some time as he is a bit of a Gallery 1988 regular.

The print itself was a private commission - only 15 copies and 5 APs exist - I wasn't in on the commission but managed to grab one

charter

Neo Member
MMMs have a special rule. The thing about MMM is that Mondo doesn't want the mondo to sell their personal copies of these things. Even with assault only the reds ever went on sale. For Stout to get half the run on a MMM wouldn't happen. Not to mention after akira, no other MMM print ever got a legitimate ap sale, really.

Stout released his own copies of Assault..which was after Akira. He had an AP sale. Tong sold his Iron Giant. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Stout released his own copies of Assault..which was after Akira. He had an AP sale. Tong sold his Iron Giant. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

He never sold the blue ones. Tong did privately but never publicly. Taylor had his copies put into a mystery tube.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

And Akira he had copies of too, but he didn't feel like selling them since he had so few so he inserted them into other tubes

Horkey had his APs too

Danger has occasionally sold The Mist APs at events

Taylor had City of no Children APs on P&T

LaneDS

The awesome Matt Taylor.

Great UK-based illustrator who used to work at ilovedust, which is the agency doing Sunset Overdrive visual ID stuff for us. Love those guys and I've loved Taylor's work for some time as he is a bit of a Gallery 1988 regular.

The print itself was a private commission - only 15 copies and 5 APs exist - I wasn't in on the commission but managed to grab one

Oh wow, very cool (and also rare enough to the point I'll get it out of my head to try and obtain one). Thanks!

Cheska

For those of you who have experience shipping prints, where can you buy a flat box to ship a 18 x 24 lithograph for a reasonable price?

IronRinn

For those of you who have experience shipping prints, where can you buy a flat box to ship a 18 x 24 lithograph for a reasonable price?

I don't even know. Might be easier just to make something yourself? I had a Mass Effect litho that was shipped flat, I'm trying to remember how they did it though. I think they sandwiched it between two pieces of styrofoam and then they had that inside cardboard folded on one side. It looked like a book, with heat tape covering the three sides that would have been open. Pain in the ass any way you look at it.

Also, quick (real quick) search found this:

http://elitepak.com/product/print-pad/print-pad-lined/2434ppl/

charter

Neo Member
I will be starting up my second annual Olly Moss fan giveaway likely this weekend or next weekend depending on when I get some free time. Anyone here is more than welcome to join. Just create a username so you can post over there. In the meantime, anyone interested in last year's festivities can check out the last giveaway thread:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102776&hilit=mossmass

I have been hoarding prints and goodies this entire year in preparation and have just over $500 worth of stuff to giveaway last I checked. With some potential donations, should make for a big giveaway!

I will be starting up my second annual Olly Moss fan giveaway likely this weekend or next weekend depending on when I get some free time. Anyone here is more than welcome to join. Just create a username so you can post over there. In the meantime, anyone interested in last year's festivities can check out the last giveaway thread:

I have been hoarding prints and goodies this entire year in preparation and have just over $500 worth of stuff to giveaway last I checked. With some potential donations, should make for a big giveaway!

Dang it! Just started my Moss collection don't have close to 25 Moss pieces

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

Wow. 25 is a ton. I thought i had a lot and I have 21 unique Moss pieces now with all the heroes I got. I guess I could bump that to 23 once the bone china set gets here.

Man, I'm just curious to see how many are actually eligible.

Trasher

The rule last year was to have 25?! Damn. That only seems possible now because of all the Heroes.

I'm at 17. Nine Heroes and six Minute Walts make up nearly my whole collection too lol. Do those all count this year?

V_Ben

Banned

Crikey, think i'm nearing 10, haha!

f0rk

What does Olly Moss usually have to sell at conventions? He's at one in the UK in 2 weeks and I'm interested in picking something up.

Sigma722

What does Olly Moss usually have to sell at conventions? He's at one in the UK in 2 weeks and I'm interested in picking something up.

Are you referring to Thought Bubble?

If so:

wowowow.jpg

edit: and if you are referring to TB, will you grab me a mario?

f0rk

Yeah it is Thought Bubble. I've just got 3 of the first run of game character prints framed and might pick up some more. Is there anywhere I can see all the available Giclee / A1 prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom