• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Why? It's actually giving me a push to finally go to a place I always wanted to visit.

I don't want to talk about it to remind me of the great stuff I'm missing!! lol I hope you can make it I'm kidding around. Take pictures so I can live vicariously though you.

Kerrinck

I don't want to talk about it to remind me of the great stuff I'm missing!! lol I hope you can make it I'm kidding around. Take pictures so I can live vicariously though you.

Haha makes sense, that's how I feel about almost every SDCC.
It's between U.K and Miami for my trip this year though I'll probably go for Miami since I plan on getting the launch systems and it's a much cheaper trip.

If a nice promo appears and I go to U.K instead, I'll make sure to hook some of you up.

Sushigod7

Are those Heroes going to exclusive to TB or is Olly going to fold them into Series 2?

Seeing as his villains were exclusive to the event, I think the same will apply here. Really hope that isn't the case though since some of the villains go for insane prices.

Pretty much what I was thinking probably stuck getting in the aftermarket. I just want the Mario I would trade about 6 of my other heroes to get it.

Sushigod7

That's my fault. I made the assumption it was going to be a timed edition since this around the time when he does his annual timed edition sales. Had no idea the run would be quite low. Sorry =(

Hey not your fault I wasn't watching for the drop anyway. Just leaves me some money for Ducktales tomorrow, or B2G1 Wii U games this weekend. lol

charter

Neo Member
The idea that he's literally just using a template and is shitting these out every month or so is dumb. I think they'd be much more interesting if he actually took some time and changed them up a little bit with each one. Not to mention he's also got those dumb portraits and the birds as well. The portraits are definitely much more involved, but simply doing the same thing over and over again for every film you can think of is boring and cliche. Mike Mitchell is a very talented artist, and I just wish he would spend more time working on something with a little more artistic creativity than his get rich quick series.

Lest see you post that in his thread on EB so he can read it.

omgkitty

Lest see you post that in his thread on EB so he can read it.

I've posted it before and everyone called for my head last time because I guess no one is allowed to have their own opinion. I also know someone called out Mike on Tumblr I believe when he started doing the supers and he basically said "if you don't like it, fuck off." If you want to link my posts here to the thread on EB or tweet it at Mike, be my guest. I don't feel like getting into a fight with a bunch of people which is part of the reason why I don't post there very much any more.

Sigma722

Yes yes, it's been a while for some good EB drama (at least that I've noticed), so I'm sure all of the Mitchellites have their pitchfork fingers twitchy.

I agree with kitty for the most part. Not sure what his draw is.

And the breaking bad prints sketches were terrible.

omgkitty

I mean look at all these things that are all apart of different series.

IS.php
IS.php
IS.php
IS.php
IS.php
IS.php
IS.php

All of those are a separate series of prints that Mike basically takes a basic template and then just recreates them over and over again. It's boring. Now look at these:

IS.php
IS.php
IS.php
IS.php

Besides his Scarface print (which I think is awful, and also a lot like his other portraits) and a few other things here or there, these 4 prints are the only separate prints he's created in the past two years that aren't apart of some series. I think all of these are great. Like I said, Mike is a great artist. Just wish he'd spend a little more time coming up with new ideas and making awesome prints than taking a template and slapping a new coat of paint on it (yes I know it's more involved than that).

lupinko

I've posted it before and everyone called for my head last time because I guess no one is allowed to have their own opinion. I also know someone called out Mike on Tumblr I believe when he started doing the supers and he basically said "if you don't like it, fuck off." If you want to link my posts here to the thread on EB or tweet it at Mike, be my guest. I don't feel like getting into a fight with a bunch of people which is part of the reason why I don't post there very much any more.

Don't worry FancyPosterGAF will always like you.

11/15/2013:

a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Dave Perillo

CBThanksgivingSMALL2_zps30c51acd.jpg

12"x36" screenprint. hand-numbered edition of 280. $65.
Wood edition of 10 also available. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ at a random time between 9:30 am PST and 11:30 am PST.

a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Variant Edition by Dave Perillo

CBThanksgivingVARIANT_zps582aa849.jpg

12"x36" screenprint. hand-numbered edition of 50. $100.
Wood edition of 10 also available. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ at a random time between 9:30 am PST and 11:30 am PST.

USE CODE IAMONTHELIST for 10% off!

DuckTales Artist Proof Edition by JJ Harrison

harrisonducktalesarchive_thumb.JPG

24"x36" signed/numbered artist proof edition of 35. $65. USE CODE IAMONTHELIST for 10% off!

DuckTales_Scrooge_and_the_Nephews_600.jpg

EXCLUSIVE BONUS PRINT. Everyone who gets this print will also receive a free print of my Uncle Scrooge and the Nephews illustration and one lucky tube will be randomly inserted with the original line art (india ink on vellum bristol board) for that drawing!

How to buy online: http://jjharrison.bigcartel.com/product/ducktales-ap-screen-print @ 11 AM PST.

USE CODE IAMONTHELIST for 10% off!

charter

Neo Member

Having an opinion and posting an opinion is fine...berating artists where you know they won't see it is cowardly (I see a crap ton on facebook). There's a reason why most artists don't post on EB or forums in general and the above is pretty much the only reason.

omgkitty

Having an opinion and posting an opinion is fine...berating artists where you know they won't see it is cowardly (I see a crap ton on facebook). There's a reason why most artists don't post on EB or forums in general and the above is part pretty much the only reason.

Not really sure what I was doing is cowardly or berating. That's basically like saying because I didn't directly post a message where he can see it and respond is me being a coward. I told you to link it. I don't care. Stop looking for things that aren't there.

omgkitty

R.I.P. Fancy-PosterGAF.

I'm sorry for causing shit. I got a little out of hand there with my comments. I was kind of being a dick, but I do feel like he should spend more time doing other prints as I do like his stuff and think he's talented. I'll go back to being a good kitty now.

Having an opinion and posting an opinion is fine...berating artists where you know they won't see it is cowardly (I see a crap ton on facebook). There's a reason why most artists don't post on EB or forums in general and the above is part pretty much the only reason.

Well, this had me laughing before going into work. Thank you for that.

Fletcher

MMMIXHeaderBlog.jpg

2) How do tickets work?
We are going to be selling tickets for this event on our web-store, similar to a poster drop. We will put tickets up at a random time on Monday, November 11th, 2013. Check in for the event will be WILL CALL only, so make sure all of your info is correct on your profile before purchase, and please know that there are absolutely NO REFUNDS. Also, and probably most importantly, this event is taking place in Los Angeles. If you cannot attend a screening event in Los Angeles on December 14th, 2013… DO NOT BUY TICKETS. Please be considerate to your fellow collectors.

3) What is the difference between REGULAR, VARIANT and SUPER VARIANT?
Regular = Admission + 1 regular edition of the poster = $85
Variant = Admission + 1 regular edition of the poster + 1 variant edition of the poster = $200
Super Variant = Admission + secret apparel item* + 1 regular edition of the poster + 1 super limited variant = $500

*Hey Super Variant ticket people… we will contact you for your size after your purchase.

More info.

So are Guybrush and LeChuck not going to be available for people not going to Thought Bubble?

If so, D: D: D: That's what I wanted most out of everything from the Heroes series. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom