• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrinck

I will be starting up my second annual Olly Moss fan giveaway likely this weekend or next weekend depending on when I get some free time. Anyone here is more than welcome to join. Just create a username so you can post over there. In the meantime, anyone interested in last year's festivities can check out the last giveaway thread:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102776&hilit=mossmass

I have been hoarding prints and goodies this entire year in preparation and have just over $500 worth of stuff to giveaway last I checked. With some potential donations, should make for a big giveaway!

That's awesome of you to do that. I am at about 22 if you count the Walt set so I will probably have to pass on this one.
Hopefully I have enough next year.

IronRinn

I will be starting up my second annual Olly Moss fan giveaway likely this weekend or next weekend depending on when I get some free time. Anyone here is more than welcome to join. Just create a username so you can post over there. In the meantime, anyone interested in last year's festivities can check out the last giveaway thread:

I have been hoarding prints and goodies this entire year in preparation and have just over $500 worth of stuff to giveaway last I checked. With some potential donations, should make for a big giveaway!

With the Minute Walts coming soon...I think I might actually have 25 Moss pieces. I'm honestly a little shocked by that.

IronRinn

Also, did anyone else grab one of those Wicker Man prints? Mine arrived yesterday, creased to shit. It was also coiled tightly enough for me to suspect that it had been sitting in a tube for a while before it was actually shipped.

Sushigod7

Hero Complex Gallery Mystery Tube Sale!!!!!

iblyVgV93z1jza.jpg

http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/mysterytube/products/mysterytubesale

• 4 Random Prints from HCG's Archives
  • Price Includes Shipping
  • No combined shipping with other orders
  • International Orders are $80 Shipped

Each purchase may contain:
  • Previously SOLD OUT Prints
  • METAL Prints
  • WOOD Prints
  • Glow in the Dark/GID Prints
  • Metallic Ink Prints
  • #1 Laurent Durieux Wood Peter Pan Variant
  • Star-signed Prints
  • Artist-signed Prints
  • Production Team-signed Prints
  • Personal Collection Prints
  • Scratch & Dent Prints
& More!

Each purchase may contain prints signed by:
  • Greg Nicotero (Walking Dead Makeup / Effects Genius)
  • Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes of Walking Dead)
  • Danai Gurira (Michonne of Walking Dead)
  • Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon of Walking Dead)
  • Carl Gottlieb (Screenwriter of Jaws)
  • Joe Alves (Production Designer of Jaws)
  • Many prints signed by more than one Cast/Crew Member, and many signed by the Artists themselves

Each purcahse may contain artwork by artists like:
  • Laurent Durieux
  • Craig Drake
  • Grzegorz "Gabz" Domaradzki
  • JC Richard
  • Rhys Cooper
  • Tyler Stout
  • Bruce Yan
  • James Rheem Davis
  • Paul Shipper
  • New Flesh
  • Malleus
& More!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
If we're talking cash spent it would be about $1800. I paid close to full 6 month average for both Totoro and Doctor Who. Been lucky on a few others though thanks to generous PBs.

I was only kidding around, but damn. Now I'm curious/afraid to see what my numbers are.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Don't go looking at your order history, it gets depressing.

Too late. I already catalog everything on expressobeans, including the price paid. I'm also a programmer by trade, so I just wrote a quick script to scrape my EB account for my Moss print info.

$1461 for 8 prints, and most of the Heroes. This also doesn't include my recent order for the 8-Bit Willow dinner set. That's another $250.

Yep, just a bit depressing.

omgkitty

Too late. I already catalog everything on expressobeans, including the price paid. I'm also a programmer by trade, so I just wrote a quick script to scrape my EB account for my Moss print info.

$1461 for 8 prints, and most of the Heroes. This also doesn't include my recent order for the 8-Bit Willow dinner set. That's another $250.

Yep, just a bit depressing.

I can't even fathom how much I've probably spent on posters. Sure some of the money is recycled from selling prints, but I've gone through quite a bit here in the last year and a half. I would have to assume we're talking $5000 at least.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Quick tweak to the scraper script, and I get the 6-month average of all those Moss things.

$2816.26

Feeling better!

Then I realize that I'd probably sooner sell a kidney.

Depressed again.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I can't even fathom how much I've probably spent on posters. Sure some of the money is recycled from selling prints, but I've gone through quite a bit here in the last year and a half. I would have to assume we're talking $5000 at least.

For all the times I've talked about maybe needing to sell posters, I still haven't. I've only bought more.

Eventually, I still might have to, but I'm trying not to. I must retain my horde.

omgkitty

For all the times I've talked about maybe needing to sell posters, I still haven't. I've only bought more.

Eventually, I still might have to, but I'm trying not to. I must retain my horde.

It sucks selling posters, but when you sell a couple and then buy something you never thought you'd own like a Stout Akira or Moss Totoro variant, it's all worth it.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It sucks selling posters, but when you sell a couple and then buy something you never thought you'd own like a Stout Akira or Moss Totoro variant, it's all worth it.

If I ever end up selling it probably won't be for other posters. The Moss Totoro may have been the only exception, but I got lucky and got a good cash offer for one. I only ever buy things that I actually want, so I don't really want to trade them for others.

If I end up selling it will be because I need the money for something that I consider more important. Like moving costs if I end up moving cross country, family medical bills, or a down payment on a house. Now so far, I've been able to squeeze by, and I'm trying to save for the upcoming expenses, but my time-table is in flux, so if I'm in a pinch, then something will have to go.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
checking my EB collection:

1 Papercut
33 Prints (counting Heroes 97 print, counting Rogues Gallery as 3 prints)
32 5 x 5s (all Heroes, Villains, Pokemon, Cloud)
1 Mission Patch from G1988 Space Show

of those the Papercut is framed of course, but another 12 of the prints framed. Got a ways to go there.

Should go up a little bit too next week with my T-Bub PB grabbing the heroes and letterpresses for me.

Also - if anyone wants to get a head start on spending their Xmas Bonus or Tax Return:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370939346467&item=370939346467 (not mine, but still)

11/14/2013:

The Silence of the Lambs by We Buy Your Kids

9d465e091de98327996b4152_533x713.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Silence of the Lambs Variant Edition by We Buy Your Kids

3f9d5e73578ce7ffbffcda87_533x711.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 85. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

PLUS, for those in So. Cal

This coming Friday & Saturday, we will be attending the HALLOWEEN: 35 YEARS OF TERROR convention in Pasadena, CA. We are honored to be invited to celebrate such a milestone for the franchise. And, as our west coast fans know by now, we wouldn't just come to town empty handed. Come by Booth #101 anytime during the convention hours and you can pick up a brand new poster for HALLOWEEN by Jock, and a special Variant version of our HALLOWEEN soundtrack featuring alternate artwork by Phantom City Creative, pressed on 180 gram translucent Orange with black splatter (limited to 1,000 copies).

b1a64fddbe2b470652945f35_533x1066.jpg

Poster by Jock. 18"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45 (On sale at 35 Years of Terror event)

santi_yo

wow this thread. Are you really paying crazy amounts of money just for a poster?...

...I'm just joking. I'm a huge fan of this thread and the art pieces you all post here. I wish I had the money, because I just love this stuff.
I cannot buy them, but at least I get visual references and i'm learning a lot about colors, composition and techniques. Maybe some day i'll sell my own pieces! Haha, silly me.

That's all, keep enjoying this hobby if you can afford it! And thanks for this thread, guys ;)

charter

Neo Member
ok that's just dumb

They cost about $12 each so that isn't really in the same league as a print. I do this for the huge fans and collectors of his work so that means there has to be some variety in your collection. But, next year I am sure there will be more people who qualify as I am sure this year will have more than last year.

Sushigod7

wow this thread. Are you really paying crazy amounts of money just for a poster?...

...I'm just joking. I'm a huge fan of this thread and the art pieces you all post here. I wish I had the money, because I just love this stuff.
I cannot buy them, but at least I get visual references and i'm learning a lot about colors, composition and techniques. Maybe some day i'll sell my own pieces! Haha, silly me.

That's all, keep enjoying this hobby if you can afford it! And thanks for this thread, guys ;)

You can buy new posters for 30 to 60 dollars new just watch the thread and a few galleries. The high end stuff isn't bought everyday and most of us couldn't afford that stuff if we hadn't grabbed it when it dropped. Don't give up on the hobby because of that. Just watch and grab the stuff you can don't go overboard. Enjoy it!

Fancy-Poster Gaf!

$2,117 on my Mondo account page.

And yeah it's pretty sad, even with my heroes and minute walts I don't even have 25 :-( Does having all the Ghibli regs count?!?

My mondo account page is a lot more annoying to add up because there are gift card purchases. I'd have to subtract them from the overall total. Plus, I always combine shipping, so I get refunded on shipping costs a lot.

Meier

omgkitty is banned for life cracks me up.

omgkitty

omgkitty is banned for life cracks me up.

It would be a lot funnier if it was a joke, but even if I had 50 Moss prints, pretty sure I'd still be banned. Oh well, I don't need to own everything Olly has ever done to know how much I love his work.

Dreweyes

$552 from my Mondo Account page, but I've spent a lot more than that just from artist's personal online shops / big cartels.

I need to count up my Moss prints, I've got quite a few... :)

Definitely picking up that We Buy Your Kids print!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom