• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

You guys posting these numbers is good for someone new to this haha. It's now been a year for me participating in this hobby and I'm afraid to total anything up. I've never sold or flipped anything either so far. So everything I've bought I still have.

The scariest part is that we aren't even discussing framing costs. :O

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
You guys posting these numbers is good for someone new to this haha. It's now been a year for me participating in this hobby and I'm afraid to total anything up. I've never sold or flipped anything either so far. So everything I've bought I still have.

yeah, I've PB-ed a decent amount and traded quite a bit. Plus a lot of that is probably gift cards too as that's my main payment method for drops. Also several years though.

IronRinn

I know I've posted it in here before but I'm up over $2000.00 with Mondo alone, if I recall. Probably up towards $4000 with everything else.

There has been some flipping in there so it hasn't been super terrible but still, a lot of money.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't gotten any kind of shipping notification on my minute Walts...should I be worried? Or are they coming out in waves?

omgkitty

Already sold a poster here last week, so figured I'd put this up here too if anyone on GAF is interested before I go to EB.

ansin-looper-gold.jpg

jvalioli

Already sold a poster here last week, so figured I'd put this up here too if anyone on GAF is interested before I go to EB.

Love this print. How is the EB community for people just starting out btw? I'm just interesting in the buying/selling portion, but you would probably need to build a posting reputation first?

IronRinn

Love this print. How is the EB community for people just starting out btw? I'm just interesting in the buying/selling portion, but you would probably need to build a posting reputation first?

Yeah. I've sold a few posters recently to first timers and been ok, but a good reputation always helps, especially if you want to trade. I think most people will agree that the biggest issue with EB is getting people to respond to PMs. Also, the feedback system is kind of obtuse.

But seriously guys, damn, respond to your PMs, even if you're not interested.

omgkitty

Yeah. I've sold a few posters recently to first timers and been ok, but a good reputation always helps, especially if you want to trade. I think most people will agree that the biggest issue with EB is getting people to respond to PMs. Also, the feedback system is kind of obtuse.

Yes I absolutely hate it when people don't respond. If you're not interested or don't have the money or whatever, just say so. I can send out like 10 pms on a print, and I'll get like 3 responses back. You can also see if someone has read your message or not which also makes it worse. I had a guy offer to get me a few things at Thought Bubble, so I messaged him back and he never responded!

IronRinn

Yes I absolutely hate it when people don't respond. If you're not interested or don't have the money or whatever, just say so. I can send out like 10 pms on a print, and I'll get like 3 responses back. You can also see if someone has read your message or not which also makes it worse. I had a guy offer to get me a few things at Thought Bubble, so I messaged him back and he never responded!

This.

I know you read my message motherfucker. I can see it right on my screen. I'M WATCHING YOU.

Sushigod7

This.

I know you read my message motherfucker. I can see it right on my screen. I'M WATCHING YOU.

Thought it was just me since I'm new to EB. It's pretty annoying.

Wow, those Mondo flips on Ebay go up fast. Shameless!

Yup every drop

Sigma722

So Olly just said that he'll be releasing his long delayed limited editions of Silhouettes at Thought Bubble. I've been waiting for this edition since it was originally announced, so it's really rough that it's from an event.

Long shot.. but... can anyone pick me up one?

Moss

So Olly just said that he'll be releasing his long delayed limited editions of Silhouettes at Thought Bubble. I've been waiting for this edition since it was originally announced, so it's really rough that it's from an event.

Long shot.. but... can anyone pick me up one?

Only 50 out of 250 at Thoughtbubble!

It's the exact reason I don't use read receipts on text messages. I don't want people knowing I read what they sent and that I'm ignoring them.

Oh man, did this to my girlfriend once. "Got the, "You know I can see that you've read my text, right asshole?" message from her and turned that shit off.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I'm on an android. I mean yes, I can send out read receipts to find out when people read my text, but is there a way to block people from knowing I've read my text?

Fancy-Poster GAF respects people's privacy.

I think you've got it backwards. Read receipts are what you send out to let other people know that you've seen their text. So by turning off read receipts they won't know if you've read their text or not.

I think you've got it backwards. Read receipts are what you send out to let other people know that you've seen their text. So by turning off read receipts they won't know if you've read their text or not.

Ah. Ok, I got the wrong thing. It says "Delivery Report." Apparently I can send this out to find out if a text I've sent has been read or not. Though I don't see a way to block people's delivery reports.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ah. Ok, I got the wrong thing. It says "Delivery Report." Apparently I can send this out to find out if a text I've sent has been read or not. Though I don't see a way to block people's delivery reports.

No. Delivery Report doesn't mean read. It means delivered to the device.

Read Receipt equals = this text has been viewed and it's sending a message back to the other phone saying so. I believe that is a feature of iMessage only

suplex

Just under $2000 spent at Mondo.

There are quite a few vinyl purchases and a couple tshirts in there though.

It probably would be higher if I worked from home, and thus had a much better chance on many various drops.

Sigma722

Only 50 out of 250 at Thoughtbubble!

Is this going to be a completely random drop? Probably no idea on time frame? I'd hate to miss these while I'm in japan the next few weeks.....................................................................................................................................

Is this going to be a completely random drop? Probably no idea on time frame? I'd hate to miss these while I'm in japan the next few weeks.....................................................................................................................................

Whoa! You're going to Japan? If you see any screenprints or limited edition giclee art, please take a photo or make a mental note of it for later.

I've been researching, trying to find out about screen printed art in Japan, and there aren't many results!

UP NOW:

a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving by Dave Perillo

CBThanksgivingSMALL2_zps30c51acd.jpg

12"x36" screenprint. hand-numbered edition of 280. $65.
Wood edition of 10 also available. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ at a random time between 9:30 am PST and 11:30 am PST.

a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Variant Edition by Dave Perillo

CBThanksgivingVARIANT_zps582aa849.jpg

12"x36" screenprint. hand-numbered edition of 50. $100.
Wood edition of 10 also available. $250.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ at a random time between 9:30 am PST and 11:30 am PST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom