• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merrry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays everyone. Here is the second commission done for Fancy Poster-GAF. This one only exists because this thread exists. Hope you like it. If not, then hopefully next time.

12/25/2013:

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #2

Majo no Takkyūbin Version S by Jasmin Darnell ( http://www.jasmindarnell.com/ )

(close-up)

headshots_zps435ccffa.jpg

kikialtcloseup_zpsfc12f975.jpg

(Full)

kikialtforweb_zps1ed142e1.jpg

18"x24" giclee on Premium Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival. Printed by Giclee Today. Hand-numbered edition to be determined by the amount of orders. $45 but after x amount of orders the price will drop evenly for everyone.

How to buy online: Send me a PM and let me know you'd like a copy. Include in the PM your PayPal address and which version(s) you'd like.

Majo no Takkyūbin Version C by Jasmin Darnell ( http://www.jasmindarnell.com/ )

(close-up)

kiki2forwebcloseup_zpseda5b9fb.jpg

(Full)

kiki2forweb_zpse4f0bf25.jpg

18"x24" giclee on Premium Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival. Printed by Giclee Today. Hand-numbered edition to be determined by the amount of orders. $45 but after x amount of orders the price will drop evenly for everyone.

How to buy online: Send me a PM and let me know you'd like a copy. Include in the PM your PayPal address and which version(s) you'd like.

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean the price will drop evenly for everyone after x amount of orders for Majo no Takkyūbin?
A: After a certain number of orders are made any more money collected would turn into profit -- which the artist has declined for this release. If the artist won't take it, I wouldn't feel right accepting the extra money either so instead of that, once I hit the break-even point, instead of profiting, the cost will just lower for everyone. This won't apply to Paprika, however.

Q: Until when will I have a chance to make a request to order?
A: Until December 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST.

Q: When will payment be collected?
A: Invoices will start to go out on January 2, 2013.

Q: Can I request numbers?
A: Number requests will only be granted if you wish for them to match with your Game & Print Club numbers. I will automatically try to match numbers if you go for both Majo no Takkyūbin and Paprika.

Q: When will they be printed and shipped?
A: Both versions of Majo no Takkyūbin will be printed and subsequently shipped in mid-late January. Printing for Paprika is still TBD, but will be much later than Majo no Takkyūbin.

Q: Can I combine shipping?
A: Sure, but keep in mind Majo no Takkyūbin will be printed and on-hand much earlier than Paprika. Possibly 2-3 months.

Q: How much is shipping?
A: Haven't calculated, but most likely I'll charge a flat $15 for domestic. International varies depending on your location.

Q: Why is this done differently from the MGS Commission where payment was collected before the image was made? Why is this getting printed before the MGS Commission?
A: Because the MGS Commission is not yet done, I definitely did not want to start collecting payments to hire another artist. Instead I just went ahead and did personal commissions with artists, and as an end of the year present I thought I'd share it with everyone in case some may want a copy. I got this idea from when I had a personal Game of Thrones piece that I posted on here. Some people wanted to obtain a copy of it, but unfortunately those were made to be 1/1. Basically, this differs from the MGS piece in that this is a personal commission shared with NeoGAF, as opposed to a group commission done by NeoGAF. This is getting printed before the MGS piece because it's simply already done.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #3

Paprika by ?

commish3_zpsb46f3b0f.jpg

Reveal and Details coming later today.

Hagi

Version C kiki looks like she has a beard. S is great though definitely want to pick it up for my partner.

Merry Xmas!

Sushigod7

Version C kiki looks like she has a beard. S is great though definitely want to pick it up for my partner.

Merry Xmas!

lol was kind of thinking the same but S is awesome! Will order along with Paprika! Are we getting 3 posters today?

edit: Next commission I want Jasmin to do a Samus, not a Zero suit either Samus in armor without a helmet!!! DO IT

12/25/2013:

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #3

Paprika by Hebitsukai ( http://hebi.soragoto.net/ )

realwebverpaprika_title_zpsf3ee6caa.jpg

closeup2_zpsd22ea306.jpg
closeup1_zps581abad5.jpg
closeup3_zps12a49722.jpg

24"x18" 9-color screenprint. Hand-numbered edition of 50. Cost is still TBD but estimated to be $40~$45. The estimated print date is also still TBD. But likely not in January.

There may be a variant, but probably not.

How to buy online: Send me a PM and let me know you'd like a copy. Include in the PM your PayPal address.

Some tidbits:
Jasmin Darnell has stopped accepting personal commissions and though things may change in the future, aside from this release and the upcoming Game & Print Club one, which is already done -- these are the last =( I was hoping to do many more.

Ever since I got into the screenprints, I've been looking forever for anime/manga style screenprints done by Japanese artists. Aside from Hebitsukai's Shayou, which released back in October, I still haven't found any others really aside from some rare old ones in Japan and some collages not done by the original artists. Once I saw Shayou and finally found a Japanese illustrator that does manga-style work I contacted him immediately for a commission, and am very happy to have finally gotten one. Oh and those years of studying Japanese and learning more of the language by living in Japan most certainly came in handy! Couldn't have happened otherwise!

Sushigod7

So awesome I'm in for both I'll send you the PM as well. Enjoy the back story as well pretty sweet your Japanese came in handy thanks for all the hard work on these!

Sigma722

Very Nice.

I'm in for a Paprika. I'm glad it is 24x18. That artist's other works are also pretty nifty. Wasn't familiar with them before.

newjeruse

Are there are great Assassination of Jesse James prints floating around out there? I'd pay a lot of money for a slickly designed 18X24 of that movie.

Sushigod7

Are there are great Assassination of Jesse James prints floating around out there? I'd pay a lot of money for a slickly designed 18X24 of that movie.

Haven't noticed a lot of western themed prints besides Cowboys vs Aliens and Good, Bad and the Ugly. I'm sure you could find someone for a commission though just look for artists work you like and email them.

Cheska

Does anyone have any experience storing posters in a portfolio? I'm eying an 18x24 one to store a bunch of my lithographs/giclees that are taking up far too much space in their poster tubes. Is the picture damaged that way? Especially the giclees, my understanding is that they're more fragile?

I have to look into it, but I might be able to do a line-art variant. It would only be a one color screenprint, so I'll make it so if you order the reg, you can also add in the variant for a much lower price. Maybe $10 or so.

variant_zpsedc45b42.jpg

lupinko

Mockingbird, I'll decide on the prints tho it's very likely I'll jump in for both. Now I leave Canada for Japan on January 28th so do you think I can wait to provide you my eventual address since my new address info hasn't been provided for both?

Jhriad

I have to look into it, but I might be able to do a line-art variant. It would only be a one color screenprint, so I'll make it so if you order the reg, you can also add in the variant for a much lower price. Maybe $10 or so.

variant_zpsedc45b42.jpg

Yes, please. Love the way that looks.

Rinemie

Neo Member

variant_zpsedc45b42.jpg

This wold be an excellent variant. I would be down for one as well!

Mockingbird, I'll decide on the prints tho it's very likely I'll jump in for both. Now I leave Canada for Japan on January 28th so do you think I can wait to provide you my eventual address since my new address info hasn't been provided for both?

Yeah, won't be a problem at all.

Still not sure if the variant can be done yet though. Gotta check with the printer but theoretically, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

LaneDS

Looks great! Is that one of the comics or books? Haven't seen that before. Will look great next to your MGS commission once we get it.

I had thought the same thing about the commission! I also thought it was Ashley Wood, who did the comic, but apparently not.

Looked up the origin of the print and it's apparently from this site:

http://www.gametee.co.uk/category/art-prints

Some really neat other pieces there. Might get the Toluca Lake one for a buddy who really likes Silent Hill 2.

IronRinn

I had thought the same thing about the commission! I also thought it was Ashley Wood, who did the comic, but apparently not.

Some really neat other pieces there. Might get the Toluca Lake one for a buddy who really likes Silent Hill 2.

Those are by AJ Hateley! Looks like the site you linked is her's as well. Good to see she seems to be doing well. I remember her work being posted on GAF a few years ago and loving it immediately.

I found a printer that I think might be able to do the variant.

I can still do the line-art variant, but what I'd really like to do is a manga-variant.

bnw_zps67d58925.jpg

But the manga variant would be 9 colors as well, so it'd cost around the same as the original...actually a bit more. I think I can make it happen if there's interest though.

NateDrake

Some awesome stuff there. Really like the book jacket idea. May have to look into some of this.

Sushigod7

This site is full of awesome things!! Love the Cyborg Ninja comic! Great stuff thanks for the link enjoy that print!

I kind of didn't either but by the picture I assumed greyscale like you would find in a typical manga comic. Not sure how it's a 9 color still but I'm sure MB will help us out.

I assume it's 9 colors because each individual color equates to a gray, but I could be wrong. It would be great if it's less.

And yeah, it would be a manga variant because the grayscale version basically looks like an interior 2 page title spread in a manga.

santi_yo

Woah, a lot of news in this thread on Christmas! Keep them coming.
That Paprika poster is insane! And I think I'm the only one who prefers the Version C of Majo no Takkyūbin. I just love the outline.

ha thanks. I did one for the wire aswell.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Hope its ok posting these as I don't have them for sale or anything

That's pretty awesome! Let's follow you on dA ;)

By the way, your Shame experiment reminds me of this designer's work (a lot less NSFW btw )

Sushigod7

Got my Hero Complex Mystery tubes in today pretty great stuff

I did get doubles of these two (Jaws & Iron Man) if anyone is interested in a trade or just a purchase for cheap let me know. They are both nice prints I'm keeping a set for myself. The Dark Crystal is a keep for sure the colors are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom