• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

Dammit, why didn't I join GAF sooner! Any chance you'll have extras of the Gray Fox (or is there still room in the commission group)?

Sushigod7

Mockingbird gives me the pleasure of debuting Ash Thorp's finished Metal Gear Solid commission for NeoGAF:

Regular:

AQkEe8J.jpg

Variant:

Hm3icCv.jpg

Details to come whenever Mockingbird gets to a computer

Quoted for top of page.

newjeruse

What are the dimensions of these again? I don't even remember.

Edit: NM, I see it's 18X24. Thank god, because 24X36's are ruining my life.

The variant is only available if you're on the pre-order list, but I'm trying to decide the fairest way of getting them.

Printer is out of town until the 10th, so I won't be able to print until then.

Dammit, why didn't I join GAF sooner! Any chance you'll have extras of the Gray Fox (or is there still room in the commission group)?

Should be ok for regulars but I think I will limit variants to those that pre-ordered as a reward/apology for the long wait.

newjeruse

The variant is only available if you're on the pre-order list, but I'm trying to decide the fairest way of getting them.

Printer is out of town until the 10th, so I won't be able to print until then.

Should be ok for regulars but I think I will limit variants to those that pre-ordered as a reward/apology for the long wait.
Do you know what the total run will be for each version and will they be numbered?

Do you know what the total run will be for each version and will they be numbered?

at least 125 for the reg. For the variant I don't know but no more than 100 for sure.

They will be signed and numbered. jstevenson and I will drive down to San-Diego to meet up with ash and get these signed.

On that day I can also meet with anyone who is in the San-Diego area and give them their copies as well, so you can save on shipping.

Local pick up is available for those in the los angeles area as well.

also, just to add. Majo and Paprika will not be signed because the artists live half-way across the world. It's just a nice coincidence ash is in driving distance, making signatures possible =)

Sushigod7

at least 125 for the reg. For the variant I don't know but no more than 100 for sure.

They will be signed and numbered. jstevenson and I will drive down to San-Diego to meet up with ash and get these signed.

On that day I can also meet with anyone who is in the San-Diego area and give them their copies as well, so you can save on shipping.

also, just to add. Majo and Paprika will not be signed because the artists live half-way across the world. It's just a nice coincidence ash is in driving distance, making signatures possible =)

That is awesome you guys get to drive down get a few pictures for us Eastcoasters! Is it possible for us to get a reg and variant? At least the ones who are already on the list. What would the additional cost be?

lupinko

I wonder if I could get my eventual Paprika signed, hmm...

Could we still get both Foxes if possible? >_<

If not, then I'll just go for the variant.

Yeah, you can get both -- might be it's the only way to get a variant.

That is awesome you guys get to drive down get a few pictures for us Eastcoasters! Is it possible for us to get a reg and variant? At least the ones who are already on the list. What would the additional cost be?

I think the price of the variant will be either the same price as the reg or just a few dollars more ($5?). Haven't talked to the printers yet since he's out of town until the 10th.

I wonder if I could get my eventual Paprika signed, hmm...

Maybe you can, actually. The artist is located in Hiroshima, so maybe if you tweet him and ask, you can arrange for a signing.

Setreal

I know of Orioto, but are there any other GAFers on here who make posters such as these? I'd love to support our local artists.

I think for the variants, they'll be available as an optional add on to everyone that pre-ordered. Does that sound fair? In other words, the edition size will be determined by the amount of pre-order people that want a variant (limit 1 per pre-order).

I was thinking of making the run much lower, but then I really don't want anyone to miss out after the long wait.

* If you pre-ordered more than one copy, you can have your +1's copy be a variant or a reg. Other combinations are two regs. Or 2 regs and 1 var. Or 2 regs and 2 vars. but not 1 reg and 2 vars.

Sushigod7

I think for the variants, they'll be available as an optional add on to everyone that pre-ordered. Does that sound fair? In other words, the edition size will be determined by the amount of pre-order people that want a variant.

I was thinking of making the run much lower, but then I really don't want anyone to miss out after the long wait.

* If you pre-ordered more than one copy, you can have your +1's copy be a variant or a reg. Other combinations are two regs. Or 2 regs and 1 var. Or 2 regs and 2 vars.

Sounds fair I think I'll do both.

I think for the variants, they'll be available as an optional add on to everyone that pre-ordered. Does that sound fair? In other words, the edition size will be determined by the amount of pre-order people that want a variant (limit 1 per pre-order).

* If you pre-ordered more than one copy, you can have your +1's copy be a variant or a reg. Other combinations are two regs. Or 2 regs and 1 var. Or 2 regs and 2 vars. but not 1 reg and 2 vars.

I think it's fair and those sure look really good. I do like the variant but at the same time, it'd have been fun if Fox was wearing his 'Spiderman' variant and left the bg as the same color as the regular.

Still, can't wait.

Or if you guys prefer, I can make the variant run small and hard to get like a mondo drop. Maybe a troll run of 10 or something, if you guys want excitement in your lives. We can put it to a vote.

newjeruse

Or if you guys prefer, I can make the variant run small and hard to get like a mondo drop. Maybe a troll run of 10 or something, if you guys want excitement in your lives. We can put it to a vote.

Eh. I'd be against this. The difference between 10 and 100 is only substantial for someone looking to make money off flipping them. I'd rather be guaranteed something I like, since it's going in my apartment.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I want the variant but I don't know what I'd do with the second other than flip it but I've always felt bad about flipping stuff.

Is variant only a bit of a pain in the ass in terms of the print run for the original?

Do we have a final cost yet? Would shipping be the same for one or two?

lupinko

Actually now that I think about it, with me being in Japan soon, I should go to whatever public event Kojima or Shinkawa appear at to get Ash's prints signed. XD

Sorry, I'm at work and it's a Friday, so I apologize in advance if I'm too tired and dumb to understand.

I preordered a single. Can it be a variant? Or is the only variant option as an add-on for the basic preorder?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for both. I'm already giving away one of these commission prints as a gift. Might as well do another.

Of course, that means I'll still have to choose between the two. Hopefully, it'll be easier to decide once I have them in hand.

I'd like to just be able to elect to get both, I'm not concerned about the run size. I just love them both and want to be able to hang them proudly. So a run based on orders would be my pick.

10 ? That'd be way too easy for the fine folks here. Maybe something like 5.6, yeah I said it 5.6. That'd make for some excitement alright.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
When we're talking about a run of 10 for the variants, that's in addition to the ones for people who pre-ordered and want one, right? All of us fighting for a small run of variants on our own commission would just be weird.

Ugh, I can see you guys driving me to financial ruin, and I haven't even framed anything yet. Especially when my "#1 must-have print in the world" is Horkey's ROTK :(. This hobby will be the end of me, and I just want you all to know that I blame you.

Some recent pickups:

Anthony Petrie - "Xenomorphobia" #61 of 100
Where was the buzz around this amazing print? If it was Mondo things would be different...

Florian Bertmer - "Order of the Seven Serpents" variant #50 of 50 (neat!)

N.E. - "In Bruges" #8 of 12
By far the rarest thing in my modest collection, and maybe my favorite. The note makes the print.

4K camera phone, ain't even give a fuck

chibiboy

Neo Member
Mockingbird gives me the pleasure of debuting Ash Thorp's finished Metal Gear Solid commission for NeoGAF:

Regular:

AQkEe8J.jpg

Variant:

Hm3icCv.jpg

Details to come whenever Mockingbird gets to a computer

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks again Mockingbird and Jstevenson. In for both!!!!

winstano

Holy crap, I abandon this thread for a bit and THAT gets commissioned?! Seriously hoping there's a few more available & I won't miss out :(

Anyway, my latest pickups: Frames for a few favourites!

Olly Moss Cloud, Aeris (Yes, with an S!) Snake, Snake in a box, Tom Whalen Transformers

And of course, the Dark Knight Rises!

gosufailure

Neo Member
I've got a buddy who I told about the Ash MGS commission and he really wants one. I threw in my money early and I plan on getting one, but is there any way for contributors to buy two?

Everyone that has a Metal Gear Solid Commission on pre-order please pm me on which version(s) you want.

The choices are:

-Regular only
-Variant only
- Regular and Variant Matching #'d Set
- Cancel my order (I will fill your spot with someone else who is interested and refund your money.)

All posters will be signed and numbered. The regular may either have some metallic inks, or the entire poster might be metallics. The variant may or may not. On both versions there will be an invisible gloss layer over the text so it can be visible from all angles.

For the time being, assume the variant price is anywhere from $0~$10 more expensive than the regular version.

Please let me know by the 9th of January. Thank you.

Also, as soon as Metal Gear Solid goes to print, so will Majo no Takkyuubin. So please make sure you're on this list if you want a copy. PM me if you've expressed interest and are not on it. Edition size is the number of orders, so at this time it will be around 25 and 7, respectively. And yes, I will combine shipping with the metal gear print. Local pick up is also available in Los Angeles for both prints.

No money will be collected until the posters are about to go to print.

Majo no Takkyuubin Version S by Jasmin Darnell
1. Sasari
2. Rinemie
3. Egnirys
4. Photosynthesis
5. Axiom
6. iamalegionnaire
7. CorporateClown
8. BreakyBoy (print #4)
9. BentmyWookiee
10. Sushigod7
11. Gosufailure
12. lupinko
13. Tangeroo
14. ThePeoplesBureau
15. 898
16. Kalren
17. Tetsuojin (EB)
18. Mgiatrakos (EB)
19. rsdSD110 (EB)
20. Nimblevagrant (EB)
21. Omie
22. firehawk12
23. Vyrance
24. Jung (EB)

Majo no Takkyuubin Version C by Jasmin Darnell
1. Axiom
2. BarneyBP
3. Glassboy
4. Riptwo
5. BreakyBoy (print #4)

For Metal Gear, Majo no Takkyuubin, and Paprika, there will no APs, no PPs, or any other sort of editions outside of the signed and numbered run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom