• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/1/2014:

1521239_10202716509338136_1015429519_n.jpg

A New Years Day Drop!
Tomorrow at 12 noon, EST, I'll be releasing (at the same time), AP copies of my:
-"Crime SuspenStories #22" giclees
-"Maggots" giclees
-"Melting Raiders Nazis diptych" giclees
-"Universal Monsters and "Bela Lugosi" screen prints!

Save on shipping!!! I don't charge extra for additional items in most cases.
http://jasonedmiston.bigcartel.com/

Kerrinck

Ouh god, always wanted to visit Texas and this is a perfect excuse since it's happening at the time I was planning to take my yearly vacation.
Are there lots of things to see in Austin? Looks like Fantastic Fest is happening at the same time.

Happy New Year! I've provided status updates to the Fancy Poster GAF commissioned pieces below.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission Updates:

Invoices will NOT be going out tomorrow. A bit later than usual. Check below to see why. Likely you'll get them next week.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #1: Gray Fox by Ash Thorp

Ash is hoping to finish it within the week. If that is so, I can send it to print at the same time as Commission #3, since they're both screen prints and I should be able to ship it together with the all the other pieces.

Here is a look at just the base line art of Gray Fox:

IMG958775_zps3a096cf0.jpg

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #2: Majo no Takkyūbin (Versions S and C) by Jasmin Darnell

Ready to go to print after invoices are sent and payments collected. I'm holding off from sending invoices for a bit to allow for commissions #1 and #3 to finish so I can have everything on one invoice per person.

Here is the sketch she used as the basis for Version S:

Scan122_zps3fd0e280.jpg

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #3: Paprika (Regular and Line Art Variant) by Hebitsukai

Though the illustration is all done there are some things that still need to be done to the file to make it screen print ready. Currently being worked on. Don't think it will take too long. Invoices for these will go out the same time as #2.

Just for fun, here is the original rough sketch he did for this piece:

roughsketchforweb_zps278dc12b.jpg

If you're wondering how he got from there to the final piece, here is a demonstration: http://twitpic.com/dgz2t4

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #4: Attack on Titan by ?

This was supposed to be done the same time as #2 and #3 but currently the final sketch being re-worked a bit. It won't be done the same time as the three above. But the composition is the same as what was shown here previously.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #5: ? by Hebitsukai

I really want to do another piece by him. He has expressed interest in doing Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue for starters. I'd like to put it to a vote. Wouldn't start until Paprika is shipped.

Subject to be cancelled or delayed if certain circumstances are met.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #6: ? by ?

Starts 2nd Quarter 2014. Subject to be cancelled if certain circumstances are met.

Sushigod7

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #5: ? by Hebitsukai

I really want to do another piece by him. He has expressed interest in doing Ghost in the Shell and Perfect Blue for starters. I'd like to put it to a vote. Wouldn't start until Paprika is shipped.

Subject to be cancelled or delayed if certain circumstances are met.

Fancy Poster GAF Commission #6: ? by ?

Starts 2nd Quarter 2014. Subject to be cancelled if certain circumstances are met.

I'd be down for GitS for sure not sure about Perfect Blue. Great work thanks for the update the Grey Fox is looking good should be really interesting with color. So what is the total we are looking at for the invoice? We need the printing half of the Ash print and then will it include artist and print for the other two?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I'd be down for GitS for sure not sure about Perfect Blue. Great work thanks for the update the Grey Fox is looking good should be really interesting with color. So what is the total we are looking at for the invoice? We need the printing half of the Ash print and then will it include artist and print for the other two?

I think the Grey Fox ended up being $25 up front and $25 later on? I'm just hoping the invoice doesn't come too soon. I'm super broke until the end of January.

Sushigod7

I'm thinking somewhere in the $125 range since MB said save 100 for the end of the month and then the 25 or so for the MGS commission printing.

I'm thinking somewhere in the $125 range since MB said save 100 for the end of the month and then the 25 or so for the MGS commission printing.

It's not that high =) The save $100 was for Majo and Paprika. I estimated the cost for about $50 each back then but it ended up being lower.

For Metal Gear Solid, everyone sent over $20 as a downpayment. Printing costs should definitely be less than $20 with paypal fees.

If I had to guess, shipping would be $15 and printing costs would be $15 or less, inclusive of paypal fees. So I would recommend setting aside $30.

My only reservation with Ghost in the Shell would be timing, since another artist will be releasing a GitS piece soon, but the styles are totally different so if people want it or street fighter I'm all for it. . My ideal print would be for ano hana or Golden Time, but I doubt I can get enough people in to make back the costs on Neogaf alone. I'll have to survey him on stuff he's familiar with. What's awesome is he'll be familiar with a lot of stuff from Japan =)

Sigma722

Here's a service announcement for all fellow GAF members in search of a flat storage solution for prints 24X36" and below:

Stein deSign Picturesque Presentation Case - 24x36".

QbFh9Wu.jpg

The list price for this runs at $349.95, but until August 8th, 2013 the portfolio will cost $102.33 (a 71% cut) .

The item includes 5 portfolio pages. Additional pages: Stein deSign Picturesque Refill Pages - 5 Pack 24x36". They're marked down to $25.45 (a savings of 73% from the list price).

Shipping is free for orders $160.00 and up and a flat $8.95 otherwise. Also, enter "WELCOME10" at checkout and receive an additional $10 off of your entire order.

The portfolio and refill pages are available in several other sizes, but the above are the largest models currently offered. This opportunity will expire on August 8th, 2013. It's a worthwhile deal that rarely occurs. Take advantage of it while you can.

This deal appears to be back on, in case anyone is looking for a portfolio.

although the link appears to be here instead:
http://www.aswexpress.com/wholesale...ign-picturesque-presentation-cases/cases.html

and becoming a member doesn't appear to be free or anything so that stinks. i guess mostly this is a disregard.

Sushigod7

My only reservation with Ghost in the Shell would be timing, since another artist will be releasing a GitS piece soon, but the styles are totally different so if people want it or street fighter I'm all for it. . My ideal print would be for ano hana or Golden Time, but I doubt I can get enough people in to make back the costs on Neogaf alone. I'll have to survey him on stuff he's familiar with. What's awesome is he'll be familiar with a lot of stuff from Japan =)

Yeah the other GitS print should be out in the next month or two. I'd love to have some kind of mech print maybe Gundam but Evangelion would be cool too.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'd like to chime in and say that I'd love a Perfect Blue print. GitS is welcome too, but I kind of feel like there are, and will be, plenty of opportunities for good prints considering its popularity.

Perfect Blue is an amazing film that deserves an amazing print.

I'd like to chime in and say that I'd love a Perfect Blue print. GitS is welcome too, but I kind of feel like there are, and will be, plenty of opportunities for good prints considering its popularity.

Ditto. Such an amazing film!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ended up getting an AP of Edmiston's medusa last year. Otherwise, I might've jumped on the Francavilla.

Still want to get something of his.

Roubjon

Yeah, I feel the same way.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Mockingbird gives me the pleasure of debuting Ash Thorp's finished Metal Gear Solid commission for NeoGAF:

Regular:

AQkEe8J.jpg

Variant:

Hm3icCv.jpg

Details to come whenever Mockingbird gets to a computer

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Those look really cool, classic look about em. Be interesting to see how we go bout getting the variant, think red would go better with my apartment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom