• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

2 Cubic Meters and a Closet, and Save Me Jebus.

If anyone wants more Simpsons, Tim hinted on Facebook the chase print released later will be the Tire Fire.

charter

Neo Member
I'm unsure what that means, haha.

But crikey, I like that one. Looks like it's time to camp out with the page refresh

It's just me grabbing a poster for someone. I didn't want the Lego poster so I was offering up my free services to nab it for whomever wanted it. I have PB'd for a few people on here when I know that it will be an easy day at work to nab a poster.

V_Ben

Banned
It's just me grabbing a poster for someone. I didn't want the Lego poster so I was offering up my free services to nab it for whomever wanted it. I have PB'd for a few people on here when I know that it will be an easy day at work to nab a poster.

Man, that's really awesome of you.

Up Now at Bottleneck http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/it-came-from-1984

1013492_614727498598728_609756230_n_6f5e385b-a452-4945-98c0-9cd6a06a4db8_grande.jpg

craig_drake_large.jpg

dAVIDmOTTRAM_5d264d9b-7406-4c40-a096-09f9db359bbb_large.jpg

DavidS_40bfe261-e38a-4dc7-b7bb-c8b5ac4778f6_large.jpg

godmachine_582566bf-30d2-43bb-a601-9e5ded292b25_large.jpg

Karate_Kid_Final_Fight_PJ_McQuade_1024x1024.jpg

newsam_1380cb50-ad07-428a-8e60-c92e265c8f8c_large.jpg

TimothyPittides_9b2433ba-c0a7-4a66-b6e4-9f32ddbb07eb_1024x1024.jpg

paulshipper_1024x1024.jpg

It Came From 1984
Curated by Chogrin

http://www.bottleneckgallery.com/collections/it-came-from-1984

suplex

A friend in Austin got me a Rear Window variant.

I had no idea he was going, he texted me some pics from the show out of the blue last night.

Pretty awesome.

Meier

Went to the Laurent Durieux gallery. Some really fantastic stuff available but nothing that I really had to have. Thought about buying a few things to flip but felt bad about that idea and I really hate shipping stuff. Ahh well.

IronRinn

Went to the Laurent Durieux gallery. Some really fantastic stuff available but nothing that I really had to have. Thought about buying a few things to flip but felt bad about that idea and I really hate shipping stuff. Ahh well.

Let me help you overcome your fear of shipping by having you send me a Birds print.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Well, I hope he sticks in some book flourishes... like how he put the winch towers and the chain in the Battle of Blackwater.

Trasher

Well, I hope he sticks in some book flourishes... like how he put the winch towers and the chain in the Battle of Blackwater.

Over in the EB thread, Mark actually complained about how the Fist was portrayed in the show compared to how he imagined it from the book's description haha. So I'm a bit shocked he's following the show's visual of it.

In other news, I ended up snagging this from the Aled Lewis show at Gallery 1988:

pAEzvBt.jpg

30 bucks and local pickup made it a pretty damn good deal IMO. Looks like it recently sold out too. Not the most exciting show compared to everything else going on this past weekend haha. Although that Star Wars tapestry is pretty cool
$20,000!!!!!!!

Pretty neat stuff from HCG as well with their Adventure gallery.

Drive by posting because I've been too lazy to even list it on EB;
I'm selling my Laurent Durieux Die Hard regular. I believe its #226 but I would have to look again.

IronRinn

No interest in the show, but that is a beautiful image. And as omgkitty pointed out, it will most likely look even more impressive in person.

ohkay

I've never seen the show, but it looks like a nice print. And to third the sentiment, Tong's work always looks fantastic in person.

2/11/2014:

The Birds by Laurent Durieux

15d507bd1480cdf4e3f1977d_533x355.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Birds Variant Edition by Laurent Durieux

94b301f80de1dec138bf32af_533x355.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $90

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Psycho by Laurent Durieux

1f1c2dc7eb7d0d3aa9b0e2f0_533x800.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Vertigo by Laurent Durieux

b480b9ddc34a3d1ef23f05e8_533x800.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Vertigo Variant Edition by Laurent Durieux

f956bb64a0cf44eac09dbf94_533x801.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $90

I've got a new poster source for you guys:

http://www.emroca.com/the-emroca-23

Full disclosure, this dude is a friend of mine, and former co-worker of mine in the videogame industry. His work is, across the board, awesome in my opinion. With the link above, he'll be doing limited runs of new prints once every two weeks, and put them on sale for $50 for 23 hours. Check his work out!

the%20talking%20tree%20emroca%20site_1100.jpg

Sushigod7

I've got a new poster source for you guys:

http://www.emroca.com/the-emroca-23

Full disclosure, this dude is a friend of mine, and former co-worker of mine in the videogame industry. His work is, across the board, awesome in my opinion. With the link above, he'll be doing limited runs of new prints once every two weeks, and put them on sale for $50 for 23 hours. Check his work out!

the%20talking%20tree%20emroca%20site_1100.jpg

Pretty cool I think everyone will recognize this piece it's was done for the first I am 8 Bit show.
iOMvTLNz1BNAw.jpg

Sigma722

Chances of a surprise drop tomorrow? Because I need that pier version of The Birds.

Need. It.

0 chance.

I've never bought any Mondo posters or these limited edition type stuff that you guys chase... but I need the above poster. I love it so much. How limited is it? Will I be able to purchase it on Thursday?

I would imagine this drop will be slightly easier than most since it is a TV that hasn't caught on to the crazy levels as some. That being said, you would still need to be ready on Thursday refreshing. Have your account created, signed in, and your CC in your clipboard to be pasted in. If you want to be on top of it, do a few practice runs with Finn & Jake, but don't click the final "pay now" after pasting in credit card info. Probably want to start refreshing from 10:40 to 11:05.

LaneDS

Was surprised by the GF with an early Valentine's Day present and am pretty psyched/wanted to share:

First Daniel Danger print. When obtaining "The Elk Guard" through EB didn't pan out, she apparently exchanged e-mails with him to make this happen too, which makes it even better.

I would imagine this drop will be slightly easier than most since it is a TV that hasn't caught on to the crazy levels as some. That being said, you would still need to be ready on Thursday refreshing. Have your account created, signed in, and your CC in your clipboard to be pasted in. If you want to be on top of it, do a few practice runs with Finn & Jake, but don't click the final "pay now" after pasting in credit card info. Probably want to start refreshing from 10:40 to 11:05.

How good are you at F5'ing? And how busy are you from 10am central to 1 pm?

Is it really that bad? That busy? I'll be at work, I assume from 10 AM to 1 PM. I told my dad that I'll be at work, but if I'm shouting at people to leave me alone, it's cause I'm trying to buy this poster, and he looked at me like I'd just grown antlers.

I'm definitely gonna try that. Is that time period accurate? Between 10 and 1 Central?

If I'm not able to grab it, would one of you be able to? I could compensate you for it.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Kerrinck

Is it really that bad? That busy? I'll be at work, I assume from 10 AM to 1 PM. I told my dad that I'll be at work, but if I'm shouting at people to leave me alone, it's cause I'm trying to buy this poster, and he looked at me like I'd just grown antlers.

I'm definitely gonna try that. Is that time period accurate? Between 10 and 1 Central?

If I'm not able to grab it, would one of you be able to? I could compensate you for it.

Most of the drops are kinda hard, specially if its your first try. This one probably won't be too insane so try to follow Sigma's tips and you might succeed.

Yeah, the time period is pretty accurate and it usually drops in the first hour or so though sometimes they like to take their sweet time.

I can try to help you though I'd have to send it straight to your house since I am overseas.

Sushigod7

If your on the page when it drops you probably have a good chance go with Sigma's tips you might come out on top. If you don't this will be maybe around $100 on ebay? Shouldn't be to expensive.

Most of the drops are kinda hard, specially if its your first try. This one probably won't be too insane so try to follow Sigma's tips and you might succeed.

Yeah, the time period is pretty accurate and it usually drops in the first hour or so though sometimes they like to take their sweet time.

I can try to help you though I'd have to send it straight to your house since I am overseas.

How many are they gonna have to sell? Any clue? What's the cost? 45 bucks?

Everything feels so vague and confusing to me :( I wanna try to grab it, but what if I'm not able to? That'd be depressing. I really love that poster. And what if you grab it, and I grab it, but then you don't need it?

If you were able to get it and I weren't able to, I'd gladly pay all shipping and handling and everything for it to come to Canada

If your on the page when it drops you probably have a good chance go with Sigma's tips you might come out on top. If you don't this will be maybe around $100 on ebay? Shouldn't be to expensive.

I'll try to keep it in mind. Man, I didn't know buying posters could feel so intense.

ohkay

To add to what others have recommended, make sure you're f5ing on the shop page, not the home page since they normally update that first. The run size/price should be announced when they send out the for sale info, and I don't know what shipping is to canada, but it's $15 in the US.

I doubt this would be a "hard" drop, but as your first drop, you might wanna take some dry runs to know what you'll have to fill out (which should mainly be cc info) and where the buttons are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom