• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

For the next thread Mockingbird needs to put in a "So you're trying to score a Mondo print." FAQ.

Edit: So much deja vu from this conversation that I'm pretty sure I've posted that same thing in here previously.

Ok, so I guess I can expect this in the morning time? Between 9 and 11 PST?

I'm sorry to sound like a raving lunatic (again), but if anyone manages to get it and I can't, I will gladly buy it off you. I'm gonna try, but I'll be at work :(

I'm looking forward to reading your about your first mondo attempt tomorrow.

Typically it goes up between 10:30 and 11:30 CST.

There is a chance it will drop sometime a little outside that window though. A very small chance it goes up way early or late.

Pretty much. Monitor their twitter and/or keep the page up and refresh often.

OK, so between 8:30 and 9:30 my time, continually refresh Shop page. Have credit card at the ready. Hire assassins to kill anyone in my way.

OK. I'm gonna see if I can come in late, but I doubt it :/

santi_yo

OK, so between 8:30 and 9:30 my time, continually refresh Shop page. Have credit card at the ready. Hire assassins to kill anyone in my way.

OK. I'm gonna see if I can come in late, but I doubt it :/

I was lucky enough to get my first Mondo on the first try (Twitter worked for me). I wish you luck! :)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I was lucky enough to get my first Mondo on the first try (Twitter worked for me). I wish you luck! :)

So did I. It was the Daniel Danger 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' print. That was back when you had a chance at the drop by just following their Twitter. It's much, much harder now.

And yeah, having daily meetings at the typical drop time totally kills things too. :(

Kerrinck

So did I. It was the Daniel Danger 'Star Trek: The Motion Picture' print. That was back when you had a chance at the drop by just following their Twitter. It's much, much harder now.

And yeah, having daily meetings at the typical drop time totally kills things too. :(

Same here. Still can't believe it since it was a somewhat tough drop (Jock's SOTD). Beginner's luck I guess.

Trasher

DHM finally revealed their poster that they've been hyping up for what seems like months now. Stout Jimi.

file.php

LaneDS

Finally created an EB account and cataloged my collection. Odd that "new" is a condition you can pick... I listed nearly everything as "like new" with the exception of an unfortunate couple that aren't pristine.

Once I get a feel for the site I'm going to try and get "The Elk Guard" by Daniel Danger... do folks set up watches/ISO and just sit back or do you have to get active in the forums typically to find what you want?

Sushigod7

Finally created an EB account and cataloged my collection. Odd that "new" is a condition you can pick... I listed nearly everything as "like new" with the exception of an unfortunate couple that aren't pristine.

Once I get a feel for the site I'm going to try and get "The Elk Guard" by Daniel Danger... do folks set up watches/ISO and just sit back or do you have to get active in the forums typically to find what you want?

I hardly post in the forums just look around for what you want and message the people. I usually search the forums to see what they post like and or if they are in the feedback there. There are people there who scam so just look for people who are active. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone who wants to sell you the print.

LaneDS

I hardly post in the forums just look around for what you want and message the people. I usually search the forums to see what they post like and or if they are in the feedback their. There are people there who scam so just look for people who are active. You shouldn't have a problem finding someone who wants to sell you the print.

Awesome, thanks!

Sigma722

What you want to do is go to the item page, and on the left say "Add to wanted". It brings you to a page where you can say you are in search of the 1st edition, var, etc. Select which one you are shooting for and say "yes, notify me". If someone lists something that day, then you will get an email about it in the middle of the night. Pretty handy.

ohkay

do folks set up watches/ISO and just sit back or do you have to get active in the forums typically to find what you want?
I'd say it depends. I've found some prints from just using the tools on the website and PM people with it in their trades, but I've also found some by posting an ISO in the forum when no one was replying to those PMs.

Either way, because of all the scamming going on there, people are wary of people with no/low posts, no database additions, and no financial contributions, though the scamming is mainly done by sellers, not buyers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What print are you guys trying for?

It's been a while since anything I want has popped up, good for my wallet I guess. Someone needs to do an amazing Mirror's Edge print dammit. Olly!?

I can't believe I found a screen print group on GAF. I LOVE screen printed art. I travel a lot to see my favorite band and always pick up the screen print poster for the show (assuming it's good).

I have a bunch of framed posters on my wall. Here is my favorite (It's a Matt Leunig):

Widespread-panic-chicago-matt-leunig-poster.jpg

I would love up put up more posters but I'm also an avid photographer and I want to display that too. I only have so much room on my walls.

theaface

Gah, missed out. This is harder than getting tickets for super-popular gigs. At least with those you know exactly when they're going on sale!

theaface

Knowing when they go on sale, would make mondo drops infinitely more harder.

Very true. It is what it is at the end of the day.

I think I just need to double down on my own graphics skills and create something that I'd enjoy looking at, then put that on the wall instead!

My harrowing journey described below:

I come to work. I'm amped. I'm jazzed. I'm ready for this. I got my credit card out. And I'm refreshing. And refreshing. And refreshing. I've almost bolted myself in an upstairs office.

tumblr_md3tg8112e1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

Then... then I get distracted. Just for a minute. Have to do actual work (which composes like 15% of my day). I go back to the computer, refresh AND HOLY SHIT, HANNIBAL IS THERE IN STOCK. I hit the buy button. I feverishly type in my office address and my credit card info and then IT MOTHERFUCKING SAYS OUT OF STOCK

Star%2BWars%2BNo.jpg

So I'm in despair for a couple of minutes. Then Sigma PMs me. He manages to score one for me.

ibo5q6mVCGcHRr.gif

And that... is the story of my first Mondo drop.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

I come to work. I'm amped. I'm jazzed. I'm ready for this. I got my credit card out. And I'm refreshing. And refreshing. And refreshing. I've almost bolted myself in an upstairs office.

Then... then I get distracted. Just for a minute. Have to do actual work (which composes like 15% of my day). I go back to the computer, refresh AND HOLY SHIT, HANNIBAL IS THERE IN STOCK. I hit the buy button. I feverishly type in my office address and my credit card info and then IT MOTHERFUCKING SAYS OUT OF STOCK

So I'm in despair for a couple of minutes. Then Sigma PMs me. He manages to score one for me.

Ah, rookie mistake. You should have the info saved in your browsers auto-complete :p

Grats on the score! First one is always the one that gets you hooked.

tumblr_md3tg8112e1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

Star%2BWars%2BNo.jpg

ibo5q6mVCGcHRr.gif

ikJUzDj2OFg8.gif

Congrats! Truth be told, I used to be active in this thread until I realized how much money I was spending on posters...Couldn't pass up Hannibal, though. Gonna go back to my hole now.

krae_man

Got a shipping notice for both my Tim Doyle prints!

Now if I can only find Amanda Huggandkiss and Night Falls on SNPP for less then $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom