• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

giving folks warning on a bigcartel drop makes them very rough for any sort of limited quantities

ferret-peanut-butter-jif-funny-no-lol-hilarious.gif

Sushigod7

What a horrible drop as usual, I've never scored one from Olly's sites before. Maybe one of these will be at a reasonable aftermarket price.

Sigma722

I didn't really try for it as I was hoping for a surprise book drop at the same time. Although I did try for a little when I saw you didn't get it.

Looks like that won't be happening today at least, and Olly won't confirm that it'll still be a while on twitter. Poops.

I'd rather those just release without the paper cuts, as I've been wanting that version of the book since the beginning. I wouldn't mind being able to own a papercut, but I'd rather have a reasonably less challenging drop. argh.

Really ready for the P&T drop to be over with too. Ugh.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I didn't really try for it as I was hoping for a surprise book drop at the same time. Although I did try for a little when I saw you didn't get it.

Looks like that won't be happening today at least, and Olly won't confirm that it'll still be a while on twitter. Poops.

I'd rather those just release without the paper cuts, as I've been wanting that version of the book since the beginning. I wouldn't mind being able to own a papercut, but I'd rather have a reasonably less challenging drop. argh.

Really ready for the P&T drop to be over with too. Ugh.

yeah, with being at DICE all this week, I'm pretty nervous about the P&T drop not having gone down yet.

I was in the car driving to work when I saw Olly's tweet about the drop in 10 minutes. I was still 15 minutes away. Pulled over in a parking lot to F5 on my phone but no dice.

LoA still eludes me!

LaneDS

Although I got yelled at by the girlfriend for suggesting I was going to buy Sushigod7's Moss Ghibli pieces, I'm trying to sneakily purchase a sixth Moss heroes or villains print.

If anyone would like to sell any of the following, please PM me:

Edit: Snake in a Box purchased, thanks all!

IronRinn

So Disney show will probably be the usual, right? Leftovers sold online as surprise drops? Or are they going to go all out and have no online drops at all?

omgkitty

So Disney show will probably be the usual, right? Leftovers sold online as surprise drops? Or are they going to go all out and have no online drops at all?

It's like the Game of Thrones show from last year. Weekly online releases leading up to the show with probably a few being gallery only.

Sigma722

It's like the Game of Thrones show from last year. Weekly online releases leading up to the show with probably a few being gallery only.

It sounds like that isn't the case. They are actually doing weekly "previews", and not selling till afterwards.

Only thing that might get sold are prints not going to actually be at the show?

Anyways.

So with the above in mind, I would bet they announce the drops that have a significant amount to still sell, and the ones that only have like 20 leftover will be surprise drops. But all after the gallery opening night.

Gaf what have you done to me?!! I joined EB forum and they have been so welcoming...there is no end to where I could spend my money...I've just bought a house and shouldn't be spending money...but then there are lots of new walls to cover in glorious glorious artwork. So thank you for the recommendation...I think.

Hey All,
Im stupid late on this bandwagon, but im wondering if anyone has any of the following for sale:
My Neighbor Totoro by Olly Moss
Spirited Away by Olly Moss (this is the one im seriously after atm)
Pokemon series prints by Olly Moss

Please send a PM if so and I can provide additional contact information.

If this is in the wrong section please let me know. I've never hunting for a print like this before. Unsure how to go about doing it other than ebay.

Regards,
J

LaneDS

Hey All,
Im stupid late on this bandwagon, but im wondering if anyone has any of the following for sale:

If this is in the wrong section please let me know. I've never hunting for a print like this before. Unsure how to go about doing it other than ebay.

Regards,
J

You should send Sushigod7 a PM regarding Spirited Away, as he was selling one in this thread last week.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
my guess is they will preview prints over the next four weeks slowly.

there will be a leftover drop the Tuesday or something after the show closes that will be announced.

some prints may not make that drop in big enough numbers and could be dropped as a surprise before it, or later on.

either way it's a cluster.

IronRinn

my guess is they will preview prints over the next four weeks slowly.

there will be a leftover drop the Tuesday or something after the show closes that will be announced.

some prints may not make that drop in big enough numbers and could be dropped as a surprise before it, or later on.

either way it's a cluster.

Yeah, this sounds about right to me, especially the cluster part. The "digital releases" in the original release post sounded like they were just going to be unveiling pieces as part of the show. Hopefully a few things will make it through the show opening.

lupinko

Mockingbird sorry for the delay since I just moved to Japan last Wednesday everything is all crazy still. Hell I don't even have home internet yet.

Sushigod7

Hey All,

Regards,
J

edit: Sorry it's gone now

ohkay

Hey All,

Regards,
J
You best option for finding these prints is expressobeans.com. It's a popular forum for pretty much what this thread is about.

Good luck finding these prints, Totoro and Spirited Away are two of my favorites.

LaneDS

As someone who hasn't yet signed up for EB, is there any sort of waiting period after joining until you can set up ISOs and what not? Decided I want to get "The Elk Guard" by Daniel Danger (at some point) and that is likely the only way I'll find it.

Sigma722

As someone who hasn't yet signed up for EB, is there any sort of waiting period after joining until you can set up ISOs and what not? Decided I want to get "The Elk Guard" by Daniel Danger (at some point) and that is likely the only way I'll find it.

I think that they prefer a waiting period of like a month before posting a FS thread, but I don't THINK that applies to ISO. There should be a rules thread in the FS/ISO section.

They'd prefer you build a presence, but I dunno. Most of the waiting stuff is mostly to keep out shady people from scamming in FS threads.

LaneDS

I think that they prefer a waiting period of like a month before posting a FS thread, but I don't THINK that applies to ISO. There should be a rules thread in the FS/ISO section.

They'd prefer you build a presence, but I dunno. Most of the waiting stuff is mostly to keep out shady people from scamming in FS threads.

Gotcha, thanks. Guess I'll register and slowly get involved in any case as the addiction worsens.

Sigma722

It's always better to just assume you will become more addicted. It's kinda like sampling random drugs just to see what catches on.

:D

Sushigod7

and for an anime film called Space Adventure Cobra

Film001A.jpg

'
Buy them here: http://www.silencetv.com/editions/films/

I just read the description for Cobra, this seems like the most badass anime I've never watched getting a hold of it asap.

Set in the far future, the series tells the story of Cobra, an agent who has a weapon embedded in his left arm called Psycho-Gun. Cobra, who surgically altered his face and erased his own memory, in order to hide from his foes and lead a normal life, eventually regains his memories and re-unites with his old partner Lady Armaroid and his ship Tortuga, traveling around the galaxy, fighting the outlaw Pirate Guild and also fleeing the law-enforcing Milky Way Patrol.

The best part of this is he erases memory etc and still has a ARM CANNON. lol

suplex

Does anyone have an email address for Mitch?

I added one to cart, logged in, and clicked submit order. I got an order # without paying which is weird, and when I went to pay I realized there were accidentally two in the cart so I didn't pay. Of course by the time I fixed it, they were gone.

I still have the order in my history though...

Sigma722

His site is kind of a cluster...

you get an order number even for errored payments. any time you get to the final screen you'll have an order number, but it won't necessarily work. I think you might be out of luck..

In... a mad rush.. I grabbed a variant, without reading the 1 or the other rule, and went back to get a regular, and ended up getting another variant on accident. Needless to say, hopefully he doesn't cancel both orders for my stupidity :D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Does anyone have an email address for Mitch?

I added one to cart, logged in, and clicked submit order. I got an order # without paying which is weird, and when I went to pay I realized there were accidentally two in the cart so I didn't pay. Of course by the time I fixed it, they were gone.

I still have the order in my history though...

order in your history means nothing. I have many posters I ordered and show in my history there but got sold out while or before paying.

Only the paypal e-mail counts.

And pending refund +1 TTT today.

suplex

I guess I should have just paid for two and contacted him for a refund on one, hoping it worked out.

edit: what's his email address?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

you get an order number even for errored payments. any time you get to the final screen you'll have an order number, but it won't necessarily work. I think you might be out of luck..

In... a mad rush.. I grabbed a variant, without reading the 1 or the other rule, and went back to get a regular, and ended up getting another variant on accident. Needless to say, hopefully he doesn't cancel both orders for my stupidity :D

yeah, you should e-mail him and tell him right away and explain what you want done, you may lose it all.

Sigma722

Oh I immediately emailed him. He's refunded one order. I think I'm in the clear.

So pumped. This morning I was starting to get grumpy about the lack of a drop so far. Almost went as far as posting some memes about it.

Scored a reg on P&T, so I feel better about missing the Moss yesterday. I guess every dog has his day, I generally fail miserably at big drops.

I just read the description for Cobra, this seems like the most badass anime I've never watched getting a hold of it asap.

The best part of this is he erases memory etc and still has a ARM CANNON. lol

Cobra was one of the most famous anime in France. If you were a boy who grew up in the 80's he's like a legend. Maybe because Belmondo, aka the guy in my avatar, was an inspiration for him ? Anyway I'm not sure I would find that it's a good series today but I remember being hooked as a kid. It was slick, cool, stylish, there was booze, (a lot of) violence and hot chicks. A few episodes centered around a futuristic sport which looked like a mix of baseball, speedball II and rollerball. It sure made a long lasting impression.

Coolest anime character of my childhood with Captain Harlock.

Sushigod7

I was there in time and got a strange error about my address matching with paypal, so went in to my info made sure it was correct went back through 2 more times same error. Then it sold out. Congrats to everyone who scored nice!

Cobra was one of the most famous anime in France. If you were a boy who grew up in the 80's he's like a legend. Maybe because Belmondo, aka the guy in my avatar, was an inspiration for him ? Anyway I'm not sure I would find that it's a good series today but I remember being hooked as a kid. It was slick, cool, stylish, there was booze, (a lot of) violence and hot chicks. A few episodes centered around a futuristic sport which looked like a mix of baseball, speedball II and rollerball. It sure made a long lasting impression.

Coolest anime character of my childhood with Captain Harlock.

Don't know how I've missed it but it's on Hulu so going to check it out I like the older anime much more than the current stuff so maybe perfect.

Sigma722

I was there in time and got a strange error about my address matching with paypal, so went in to my info made sure it was correct went back through 2 more times same error. Then it sold out. Congrats to everyone who scored nice!

Argh, sucks man. If I had to guess, I would say that on your account page on P&T under your shipping/billing address you have your state filled out, instead of the abbreviation. It has to be the abbreviation to match paypal, or else you get that error.

Luckily I got that worked out back in the day on the Shaw Friday 13th release a year or so ago.

Sushigod7

Argh, sucks man. If I had to guess, I would say that on your account page on P&T under your shipping/billing address you have your state filled out, instead of the abbreviation. It has to be the abbreviation to match paypal, or else you get that error.

Luckily I got that worked out back in the day on the Shaw Friday 13th release a year or so ago.

Yeah the state was actually blank? Strange I went in fixed it tried again same thing I'll have to try and do a order for something not as popular and make sure everything works next time. Thanks for the tip.

It's always better to just assume you will become more addicted. It's kinda like sampling random drugs just to see what catches on.

:D
Having only signed up a few days ago, I can definitely say the addiction, nay the fever has worsened exponentially since getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom