• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omie

Hey homies, I thought I'd hit y'all up first before anyone else. I came up on some expenses and need to trim my art print collection. I only want to deal locally, so if you live in LA and are interested in checking out what I have, pm me.

How many are they gonna have to sell? Any clue? What's the cost? 45 bucks?

Everything feels so vague and confusing to me :( I wanna try to grab it, but what if I'm not able to? That'd be depressing. I really love that poster. And what if you grab it, and I grab it, but then you don't need it?

If you were able to get it and I weren't able to, I'd gladly pay all shipping and handling and everything for it to come to Canada

I've bought a number of posters over the past few years and its hit or miss. However, like they said, I think you/we will have a better chance of getting this compared to others, since Hannibal has a small fanbase.

I'll try to nab two at checkout. If you get one yourself, I'm sure I can find someone else to sell it to. Wish I didn't have a work meeting at 10 :(

Sigma722

I've bought a number of posters over the past few years and its hit or miss. However, like they said, I think you/we will have a better chance of getting this compared to others, since Hannibal has a small fanbase.

I'll try to nab two at checkout. If you get one yourself, I'm sure I can find someone else to sell it to. Wish I didn't have a work meeting at 10 :(

Careful, I think it will still have a one per person limit..

Kerrinck

How many are they gonna have to sell? Any clue? What's the cost? 45 bucks?

They usually send an e-mail a day before with quantity and price. Since this is a bit niche, I'd guess around a run of 300 but I could be completey wrong. As for price, it's usually between $45-55.
Overseas shipping is $32, not sure if Canada is cheaper.

I don't mind helping out but since I live way too far away, i'd have to ship it straight to you.

IronRinn

Sorry! As soon as the meeting let out, I just ran to my desk to F5.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get that off your hands/

For cost, shouldn't be an issue at all. A few people on EB seemed to have missed it.

I actually missed this drop. Checked in to make sure there were no surprises.

Sigma722

For cost, shouldn't be an issue at all. A few people on EB seemed to have missed it.

I actually missed this drop. Checked in to make sure there were no surprises.

Surprisingly, not much interest yet. Strange. One of the members on eb posted some nice pics :

12460995774_aa944a964f_b.jpg

12460641853_495cf49cd5_b.jpg

12460995564_fecabb8a72_b.jpg

12460469695_3ae8911fa0_b.jpg

Looks pretty nice. Worst case scenario I have to keep it, which is also probably okay.

Edit: Oop, nevermind, sold for cost it looks.

They usually send an e-mail a day before with quantity and price. Since this is a bit niche, I'd guess around a run of 300 but I could be completey wrong. As for price, it's usually between $45-55.
Overseas shipping is $32, not sure if Canada is cheaper.

I don't mind helping out but since I live way too far away, i'd have to ship it straight to you.

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. I'm gonna try to get it myself (how will I actually accomplish some work!?), but if I can't and someone here gets it, I'd gladly buy it immediately.

Update on the Metal Gear Solid Prints:

Just got back from the printers a second ago. Just got back from some discussion with the printer. It's going to take longer because something needs to be separated again and paper needs to come in for test runs. They just finished up a big project but we're chugging along.

Let me know if you've any questions.

Sigma722

Just got back from the printers a second ago. Just got back from some discussion with the printer. It's going to take longer because something needs to be separated again and paper needs to come in for test runs. They just finished up a big project but we're chugging along.

Whatup with Paprika?

Thanks for the update yo!

Word.

Kerrinck

Indeed. That and clicking submit payment on a stupid high aftermarket price piece that you plan on keeping forever :D

But man. Drop day rush.

Edit: Oh shit, I just double posted. oh well.

haha I just did that actually. My finger kept refusing but I finally clicked the damn button.
Will post some pics when it arrives.

Dawg

I have just found this thread because someone linked it, I am going to assume you can't order one anymore? :p

I have just found this thread because someone linked it, I am going to assume you can't order one anymore? :p

You can eventually, but not until I get the printing situation sorted out. At this moment because the printing cost is still undecided, I'm not taking any more orders. Once I get the final cost I'll be accepting more orders for the Metal Gear regular version of the print, but not the variant.

Dawg

You can eventually, but not until I get the printing situation sorted out. At this moment because the printing cost is still undecided, I'm not taking any more orders. Once I get the final cost I'll be accepting more orders for the Metal Gear regular version of the print, but not the variant.

I feel like such a newbie in this thread, I don't even know what a variant poster is. Time to read up! Subscribed to this thread, that Metal Gear poster is definitely on top of my list for now :)

krae_man

Just find some artists you like who draw stuff you like. Support them by buying their stuff. There's really nothing more to it then that.

Personally I like Tim Doyle since he draws lots of Simpsons stuff.

Dawg

Just find some artists you like who draw stuff you like. Support them by buying their stuff. There's really nothing more to it then that.

Personally I like Tim Doyle since he draws lots of Simpsons stuff.

After checking that Ash Thorp website, I have to say I really like his work. I mean, everything in this thread is really impressive but his work stands out to me. It only further confirms what I already knew when I entered this thread: I need that Metal Gear poster.

I will play the waiting game.

2/13/2014:

Hannibal by Kevin Tong

a4d87aa6d46d1d252b81f05b_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Ok, so I guess I can expect this in the morning time? Between 9 and 11 PST?

I'm sorry to sound like a raving lunatic (again), but if anyone manages to get it and I can't, I will gladly buy it off you. I'm gonna try, but I'll be at work :(

suplex

Typically it goes up between 10:30 and 11:30 CST.

There is a chance it will drop sometime a little outside that window though. A very small chance it goes up way early or late.

Ok, so I guess I can expect this in the morning time? Between 9 and 11 PST?

I'm sorry to sound like a raving lunatic (again), but if anyone manages to get it and I can't, I will gladly buy it off you. I'm gonna try, but I'll be at work :(

Pretty much. Monitor their twitter and/or keep the page up and refresh often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom