• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Englert revealed his full piece for the ASOIAF show coming up:

Mark-Englert-Fist-of-First-Men.jpg

Mark-Englert-Fist-of-First-Men-GID.jpg

Sushigod7

Pretty badass although I haven't read through all of GoT yet so I guess this is farther ahead. The big bummer of the show is no new piece from Mona Collentine she has dropped off the line up.

I thought all the Ghibli variant have the titles in Japanese? I hadn't seen that before.

Edit: I guess I read "variations" and assumed you meant variant. Carry on!

Sorry, yes! This was a variant I bought off my colleague. I believe Olly did an English version for both the Howl's and Spirited Away prints. No idea if it's more rare, I'll have to look at the edition/set number once it comes back from the framers.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sorry, yes! This was a variant I bought off my colleague. I believe Olly did an English version for both the Howl's and Spirited Away prints. No idea if it's more rare, I'll have to look at the edition/set number once it comes back from the framers.

For both Howl's and Spirited:

English is the regular edition sold by Mondo online
Japanese is the variant edition sold by Mondo at Comic-Con

Moss sold artist proofs of both. Though his Japanese/Variant APs were just included in the regular edition, so there's no special AP marking or edition on those, whereas the English APs are of a separate smaller edition.

Sigma722

Although it gets extra complicated since Olly's copies of SA variant don't even have an AP run. Just the regs. That one's kind of a cluster.

Up now:

Star Wars: A New Hope by Eric Tan

Limited Edition of 100
Certificate of Authenticity
Artist Eric Tan
Substrate: archival paper
Medium: Serigraph
Double matted
Ready to hang

Wood / paper
Frame: 44 1/4'' H x 20 3/16'' W x 1 1/2'' D
Image: 36'' H x 12'' W

$399.95. Use code DMR15 for $15 off and free shipping. Or if you have a D23 membership use code D23MAGIC for 10% off and then get free shipping as well with SHIPMAGIC

How to buy online: http://www.disneystore.com/star-war...med-serigraph-by-eric-tan/mp/1352379/1023301/

One of the reasons for the price is cause it's printed by Eclipse Workshop, who does Shag's pieces -- as well as our upcoming MGS print. Plus it's framed and the low run of 100. Empire and Jedi are coming soon as well.

Sushigod7

One of the reasons for the price is cause it's printed by Eclipse Workshop, who does Shag's pieces -- as well as our upcoming MGS print. Plus it's framed and the low run of 100. Empire and Jedi are coming soon as well.

Knowing Disney this will be on the rewards site for 9.99 within a few months, on cheap thin paper with horrible print quality. =)

Hey Neogaf,

Would you guys be interested in obtaining a Ghost in the Shell piece by Craig Drake?

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

sasari

Hey Neogaf,

Would you guys be interested in obtaining a Ghost in the Shell piece by Craig Drake?

Please let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

Definitely.

Though GitS and Akira and Cowboy Bebop are often the go-to, go crazy! :D

Out of curiosity what other anime would the people here be most interested in seeing commissioned? Old or new, big or small?

Thought I'd throw my own up:

Newer I'd love to see some Attack on Titan or Kill la Kill
A little older Gantz (that'd be a great Drake) or a Gundam piece or a Madoka or Index
Much older Guyver or Elfen Lied or Berserk

And especially oh dear god what I wouldn't give for a great One Piece piece.

Sushigod7

Six month average is $270?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

I know crazy huh? On EB in the for sale thread someone just posted they want $240 for it. lol

Way too caught up in titanfall hype myself. (so sad the beta is over) would love to see a print for that some day :)

I've been asking some artists I can't get anyone who is actually into the game so they don't want to tackle it. I did just think of one today sending a message to him now hopefully we can find someone.

IronRinn

Fuck, man, the speed at which Durieux's Birds print has skyrocketed out of my price threshold is fucking depressing.*

*This may or may not be the last time I mention this print. Sorry.

Many subject post:

Starting off with
A0g6xcF.jpg

Horkeys are like tattoos, you aren't getting just one, you are getting your first one.
Just got a Pan's Labyrinth that got bumped up to #1 in the framing que.

I'm all good with the Iaccarino GITS (still not sold out!) but agree that the Bebop was not my favorite. Now if we start talking Berserk... I'll need a new pair of pants.

Lastly, no one has mentioned it yet but these look dope:
G575sFt.jpg

utwKRPv.jpg

True Romance by GABZ
http://www.oddcitystore.com/
random time tomorrow (Feb 21)

edit:crap, no tinypic? where do I host?
edit edit:eek:hyeahimgurduh

So far I have 9 people that would be interested in a Craig Drake GitS piece featuring Major Motoko Kusanagi. Anyone else? I'm helping him out to see how the interest is for such a piece. It's not going to be a neogaf commission, but rather something that he would potentially do. And he wants to know if there's enough interest to do a variant or not.

For those not familiar with Drake, he has this piece in the upcoming Game of Thrones show:

Bg8rSf9CIAA-S24.jpg:large

And has done these as well.

3274.jpg

Kill+Bill+-+O-Ren+Ishii+by+Craig+Drake.jpg

images

The Variant Line Art Edition is done for Paprika.

IMG_9233_zps38686849.jpg

IMG956998_zps6c320c62.jpg

From the printer: "The gloss layer is more of a satin shine because of the cotton rag paper. It's very elegant and doesn't look plastic or cheesy"

The printer is getting started on the regular edition. Should be done in a week or so.

Sushigod7

Only reason I know is because Mark Englert retweeted it the other day when I was stalking him for previews. So let's keep it on the down-low!

I signed up a few days ago, that piece is F-ing awesome. Along with the Drake this is shaping up to be a sick show that will certainly make me go broke.

Sigma722

The Variant Line Art Edition is done for Paprika.

IMG_9233_zps38686849.jpg

IMG956998_zps6c320c62.jpg

From the printer: "The gloss layer is more of a satin shine because of the cotton rag paper. It's very elegant and doesn't look plastic or cheesy"

The printer is getting started on the regular edition. Should be done in a week or so.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neat.

Sushigod7

I'm working on a Titanfall commission with the artist HeavyMetalHanzo. He is part of the Udoncrew has a comic going and has done some magazine work. He is a fan of the game and may have some sketches for it at the beginning of the week. I included a few pieces he's done recently that have mechs in them for reference. Check out his other work though on Deviantart. He is doing a battle scene with a Titan and some pilots in a city landscape, possibly two Titans. It will be giclee not a screenprint, I'm trying to gauge interest on this over the weekend so I can get things put together and finalize pricing. The print will be 11x17 cost is completely dependent on how many we get in it could range from 30 to 50 for the print. Shipping and printing roughly another 25 to 30. Payment for the print would be due at the end of March and printing would be separate after that. Please let me know if this is of interest to you by PM. Thanks!!

Deviantart http://heavymetalhanzo.deviantart.com/

Xenogears
Vanquish

Trasher

Ha, I just edited that in. That was apparently from three years ago. Interesting.

In other news: time to stop supporting Durieux.

jEhznAT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom