• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

The Variant Line Art Edition is done for Paprika.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG_9233_zps38686849.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG956998_zps6c320c62.jpg[IMG]

From the printer: "The gloss layer is more of a satin shine because of the cotton rag paper. It's very elegant and doesn't look plastic or cheesy"

The printer is getting started on the regular edition. Should be done in a week or so.[/QUOTE]

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get the color version! I would be interested in a Drake Kusanagi but I'd probably need to see it before I could commit. His pieces are very tasteful but her proportions may make it a non-starter for me. :lol

omgkitty

Yeah, that or Drake everyone-in-cowboy-bebop.

Edit: iso of Drake Ein.

Yeah if Drake did a cast poster that could be cool. I'd like to see Drake do a little more than just "singular item or person" posters. So let's overthrow this GiTS idea, cause that's easy as everyone loves Bebop and see if we can get Drake to expand his artistic abilities a little bit.

IronRinn

Yeah if Drake did a cast poster that could be cool. I'd like to see Drake do a little more than just "singular item or person" posters. So let's overthrow this GiTS idea, cause that's easy as everyone loves Bebop and see if we can get Drake to expand his artistic abilities a little bit.

I'm ambivalent about Cowboy Bebop. All of this is cuckoononsense.

omgkitty

I'm ambivalent about Cowboy Bebop. All of this is cuckoononsense.

you-get-nothing-o.gif

So far I have 9 people that would be interested in a Craig Drake GitS piece featuring Major Motoko Kusanagi. Anyone else? I'm helping him out to see how the interest is for such a piece. It's not going to be a neogaf commission, but rather something that he would potentially do. And he wants to know if there's enough interest to do a variant or not.

I'd be in for a Drake GitS piece too!

Coming in early March:

Please Don't Worry, When I Wake Up I'll be Something New Revised Edition by Daniel Danger

tumblr_n1d4l4h54D1rt9rulo1_1280.jpg

12x36" 6 color screenprint. as mentioned, itll be the next open edition print, available early next month.

Rinemie

Neo Member
I'm working on a Titanfall commission with the artist HeavyMetalHanzo. He is part of the Udoncrew has a comic going and has done some magazine work. He is a fan of the game and may have some sketches for it at the beginning of the week. I included a few pieces he's done recently that have mechs in them for reference. Check out his other work though on Deviantart. He is doing a battle scene with a Titan and some pilots in a city landscape, possibly two Titans. It will be giclee not a screenprint, I'm trying to gauge interest on this over the weekend so I can get things put together and finalize pricing. The print will be 11x17 cost is completely dependent on how many we get in it could range from 30 to 50 for the print. Shipping and printing roughly another 25 to 30. Payment for the print would be due at the end of March and printing would be separate after that. Please let me know if this is of interest to you by PM. Thanks!!

Deviantart http://heavymetalhanzo.deviantart.com/

Xenogears

Vanquish

I'm definitely in on this. Hopefully others are too!

harSon

Banned
Many subject post:

Starting off with
A0g6xcF.jpg

Horkeys are like tattoos, you aren't getting just one, you are getting your first one.
Just got a Pan's Labyrinth that got bumped up to #1 in the framing que.

I'm all good with the Iaccarino GITS (still not sold out!) but agree that the Bebop was not my favorite. Now if we start talking Berserk... I'll need a new pair of pants.

Lastly, no one has mentioned it yet but these look dope:
G575sFt.jpg

utwKRPv.jpg

True Romance by GABZ
http://www.oddcitystore.com/
random time tomorrow (Feb 21)

edit:crap, no tinypic? where do I host?
edit edit:eek:hyeahimgurduh

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never be able to nab one of these unless I take a day off from work....

ohkay

A Drake Cowboy Bebop would be great

IronRinn

Saw you were selling that I almost went for it but holding out till all these shows are over. Amazing print!

Yeah it is. I was looking at it to get the buyer the number and was just like, "Man, what the fuck am I doing?" As good as it looks on a screen, in person it's 10x better. Oh well! Maybe this way it will go on a wall instead of rotting away in a portfolio.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
selling my 20k leagues and monsters inc var was really tough...

but that money paid for part of Moss SW which is on my wall and I see every day...

so ok trade.

Kerrinck

I have one that I am willing to sell in all likelihood. Would also probably be willing to trade for a Moss Ghibli if the value is comparable.

Iron Giant has skyrocketed to insane prices in recent times, surprised me since I always thought it would stay cheap. Probably Durieux's popularity or because it really is a gorgeous print.

If you do decide to let it go, I'm currently looking for one.

I'll definitely keep you in mind Kitty (even though you refused to ship one to me when I started collecting :) )

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
So far I have 9 people that would be interested in a Craig Drake GitS piece featuring Major Motoko Kusanagi. Anyone else? I'm helping him out to see how the interest is for such a piece. It's not going to be a neogaf commission, but rather something that he would potentially do. And he wants to know if there's enough interest to do a variant or not.

For those not familiar with Drake, he has this piece in the upcoming Game of Thrones show:

Bg8rSf9CIAA-S24.jpg:large

And has done these as well.

3274.jpg

Kill+Bill+-+O-Ren+Ishii+by+Craig+Drake.jpg

images

Sorry for quoting, but I'm down for GitS piece.

The test print for Paprika is finished:

IMG959114_zps2c83bfc5.jpg

This is before the final layer of varnish/iridescent =)

I'll be attending the Disney show. If anyone else is attending, I can give you your copy of Paprika in person =)

omgkitty

I have one that I am willing to sell in all likelihood. Would also probably be willing to trade for a Moss Ghibli if the value is comparable.

I think it depends on which Ghibli you want. You could probably get anything except for Totoro for that. IG is going for around $400 to $450 right now.

Iron Giant has skyrocketed to insane prices in recent times, surprised me since I always thought it would stay cheap. Probably Durieux's popularity or because it really is a gorgeous print.

I'll definitely keep you in mind Kitty (even though you refused to ship one to me when I started collecting :) )

I did?? :| Honestly don't remember that. I remember I was hell bent on not selling it for a while and then when I did, it was for a very low price.

IronRinn

The test print for Paprika is finished:

IMG959114_zps2c83bfc5.jpg

This is before the final layer of varnish/iridescent =)

I'll be attending the Disney show. If anyone else is attending, I can give you your copy of Paprika in person =)

Fucking rad.

Edit: This reminds me: Weren't there supposed to be previews for this show? Like, two a week or something?

Kerrinck

I think it depends on which Ghibli you want. You could probably get anything except for Totoro for that. IG is going for around $400 to $450 right now.

I actually managed to grab a Totoro off Ebay for $480 so that's not too far fetched right now.

I did?? :| Honestly don't remember that. I remember I was hell bent on not selling it for a while and then when I did, it was for a very low price.

Ouh no offense taken, I had just started collecting and I was from a weird country so you had every reason to be wary. And yeah, it was pretty cheap, around $100 :)

I'll shoot you a message when I make up my mind.

Meier

I have a Totoro actually -- the only one I have! I got screwed hardcore on the AP sale of Spirited Away so I'm in the market for that and Mononoke (less so on Howl's).

omgkitty

Ouh no offense taken, I had just started collecting and I was from a weird country so you had every reason to be wary. And yeah, it was pretty cheap, around $100 :)

I'll shoot you a message when I make up my mind.

Oh I totally remember that now :\ Yeah it was the cost of the print plus the cost of shipping it down to Brazil being a sticking point. I still hate shipping overseas as the wait is unbearable and I'm always afraid something will go wrong. Too bad as you would have made out like a bandit. I sold mine for $95 and it's now worth 4 times that :(

I have a Totoro actually -- the only one I have! I got screwed hardcore on the AP sale of Spirited Away so I'm in the market for that and Mononoke (less so on Howl's).

Funnily enough I saw that the regular for Howl's is only $130!!! That blows my mind that it's so low. Yeah you should be able to get any of the Ghibli prints, reg or variant for the money you'd get from selling IG.

Meier

Funnily enough I saw that the regular for Howl's is only $130!!! That blows my mind that it's so low. Yeah you should be able to get any of the Ghibli prints, reg or variant for the money you'd get from selling IG.

Ideally I'd just straight up trade it for a Mononoke and Howl or some combination along those lines (maybe Mononoke and Spirited Away for the Iron Giant and some cash). If anyone here is interested, let me know. I'm not in a huge rush. I also would sell my Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and gold version of Looper.

LaneDS

Since I have no post history on EB (yet), I'm really hesitant to posting an ISO to start, so I figure outright asking in this thread can't hurt.

If anyone is looking to sell Daniel Danger's "The Elk Guard" print, please PM me as I'd like to buy it from you.

krae_man

I still need to watch Firefly. I might have to grab that print if I fall in love with the show. I hope he adds some Stargate to the mix. I don't care what. Cheyenne Mountain, Atlantis, Destiny, whatever.

Sushigod7

I still need to watch Firefly. I might have to grab that print if I fall in love with the show. I hope he adds some Stargate to the mix. I don't care what. Cheyenne Mountain, Atlantis, Destiny, whatever.

You haven't watched Firefly?? GET OUT and don't come back till you do! lol You won't be disappointed watched a few of my favorite episodes yesterday love that show. Oh then watch Serenity when your done.

Until he does a second edition. bazinga.jpg beatingadeadhorse.gif

Yup will happen but at least everyone knows that up front I guess.

krae_man

Wait he's done second editions for Unreal Estate prints?

I see lots of stuff on his website that has multiple editions(Like "Change into a truck" is on an 8th edition. Seriously? Why number them at that point?), but I have yet to see any Unreal Estate prints get second editions. Or have I just missed it?

Sigma722

You're probably right.

I saw the link to Nakatomi, and assumed the sale would be through Nakatomi. I guess that was just his blog. If it's happening through spoke, they'll probably stick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom