• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2/14/2014:

True Detective by Phantom City Creative

9711cd23b547b9890e6cf3ee_533x710.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 220. Printed by Monolith Press. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

True Detective by Vania Zouravliov

b62da32f0709cb5269db25e0_533x800.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 170. Printed by Monolith Press. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

True Detective by Vania Zouravliov

5aeab55be32a57aa98b05bb4_533x800.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 170. Printed by Monolith Press. $50

True Detective by Jay Shaw

d9a0735c0befd14b2503e67b_533x706.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by Monolith Press. $40

True Detective by Jay Shaw

18a82dee3f77e3da3751471b_533x706.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 120. Printed by Monolith Press. $40

The Vania is amazing. You're all crazy.

I like the Vania, but mostly because of his style rather than the content.

As much as I'd love a good True Detective poster, all the ones out so far place too much emphasis on the murder...whereas the show really isn't concerned with the murder at this point.

omgkitty

I think 13 assassins might have been my first Mondo Score. And coincidentally one of the only ones I have in a frame. It's my favorite Vania.

Edit: Yup May 24, 2012. Nifty.

This was also my first Mondo score :D

I like the Vania, but mostly because of his style rather than the content.

As much as I'd love a good True Detective poster, all the ones out so far place too much emphasis on the murder...whereas the show really isn't concerned with the murder at this point.

I've thought about buying the Vania and matting out the bottom so that it's essentially just an art print.

krae_man

How do you have an "artists proof edition"? How is it a proof if you are numbering it and selling it?

Granted I'm not super up on print collecting but aren't proofs not numbered and worth less then the numbered editions?

smuf

How do you have an "artists proof edition"? How is it a proof if you are numbering it and selling it?

Granted I'm not super up on print collecting but aren't proofs not numbered and worth less then the numbered editions?

Not sure on the value but I have a Nightmare Before Christmas AP by Grawan Erwin and it's definitely numbered.

Sushigod7

AP's are usually numbered and signed, since it's the artists cut of the printing. Maybe your thinking about printer proofs which are not numbered or signed.

IronRinn

Shit, Durieux drop Part 2 doesn't mention The Birds.

Edit: Just because no one posted it:

On sale today, Tuesday February 18th on Mondo: The Art of Laurent Durieux Part 2:

74585463b8ce725b036e8afe_533x800.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

f985680ab6e7898e5848ca7e_533x800.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 425. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

b4214800745f4d4de4cf8fa1_533x799.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

2b066ec343fb76928cbbc16d_178x534.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" (I think this is wrong. Maybe 12" x 36"?) screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $55

Some of Elia Fernandez's work on the Game of Thrones Season 3 Blu Ray can be seen on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AslPV6SB6mY

She got really popular through the web with her interpretation of the A Song of Ice and Fire characters -- so I think it's really awesome that they hired her to do official work on it as well.

She also has two more Game & Print Club pieces coming up in the future -- though releases for those won't resume until Metal Gear, Paprika, and the rest are taken care of.

I've been trying to collect as much Olly Moss stuff as I can afford at the moment haha.
Managed to grab one of the Howl's Moving Castle print variations. This thing is goddamn huge. Currently getting framed now:

Also grabbed his Walter White set, which I'm going to put up on my wall sometime this week!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wow. Half-heartedly went for Day the Earth Stood Still and got it.

Having regrets that I should've half-heartedly went for FP or RW. Like I need another irregularly sized print. :p

IronRinn

Wow. Half-heartedly went for Day the Earth Stood Still and got it.

I considered it too but, man, I have been trying to get rid of stuff. (And at the rate I have been, it's going to take a while.)

Edit: Creature From the Black Lagoon the new Adventure Time 8-Bit?

Edit 2: Nope.

LaneDS

I've been trying to collect as much Olly Moss stuff as I can afford at the moment haha.
Managed to grab one of the Howl's Moving Castle print variations. This thing is goddamn huge. Currently getting framed now:

I thought all the Ghibli variant have the titles in Japanese? I hadn't seen that before.

Edit: I guess I read "variations" and assumed you meant variant. Carry on!

Kerrinck

I considered it too but, man, I have been trying to get rid of stuff. (And at the rate I have been, it's going to take a while.)

Same here, trying to purge most of the collection but it's kinda hard to pass on these drops. Disney and Tong/Ansin show will be the ultimate test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom