• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!

Update on MGS:

The Paper for the Variant finally came in but not yet for the reg. Going in to the printers tomorrow to look at a color test on the papers.

Update on Paprika:

Going in tomorrow to look at the completed proof before approving the full run. Will be picking up the finished variants.

Remember:

I can bring in your copy of Paprika REG and/or Var to Austin at the Mondo Disney show if you'll be in attendance. Just let me know. Metal Gear likely won't be done in time, I don't think.

Trasher

I have no idea how that translates to the show (or if it does yet), but it's a pretty badass image minus all that part.

Don't think it's supposed to recall anything specifically. I think it's just what you said: a badass image of Dany.

And this is a book show for what it's worth, so you will see some things that aren't in the show (not the case here though).

krae_man

Mailman was good to me today:

kVFNRG4.jpg

My poster tube graveyard is growing like crazy. I need to stop feeding it

G49L3it.jpg

Trasher

I don't know if you guys should brag about your shipping tube graveyards here. There are some people on here who can fill a two car garage with theirs. :p

I started shoving them in my closet when they first began to pile up.

Now I shove them into storage.

I don't want to know the next step. :(
Bargaining, if I remember right.

I'm not to storage level yet, thankfully. Got to figure out a cost effective framing method (
probably doesn't exist
) and then hopefully I can manage it!

IronRinn

I'm not to storage level yet, thankfully. Got to figure out a cost effective framing method (
probably doesn't exist

I think about this and then I usually start looking at videos on how to make picture frames.

Sushigod7

I just went through tubes and threw out all the ones that were not Yazoo. I still have way to many it only gets worse there is not stopping yourself.

omgkitty

Anyone here have an Ansin Taxi Driver they're looking to sell or would think about selling? I've sold two of them in the past (I know right?) and I finally want to get one to frame.

omgkitty

Oh man, this is my dream print. Just too rich for my blood right now.

Yeah I originally had a guy pick me one up at the showing in Austin (I had to buy his copy), and sold that one for around $250. Then bought another one for the same price and sold it to a guy on here for like $275 I believe when I was hard up for cash. Problem is now that even though the 6 month average for it is around $330, people on EB are wanting between $500 and $600 for it. That's just ridiculous. It's not worth that much.

IronRinn

Anyone here have an Ansin Taxi Driver they're looking to sell or would think about selling? I've sold two of them in the past (I know right?) and I finally want to get one to frame.

Ha! You aren't careful, you're gonna become a flip market unto yourself.

Someone buy 'kitty's Looper now and sell it back to him at 3x the price in a year.

newjeruse

Yeah I originally had a guy pick me one up at the showing in Austin (I had to buy his copy), and sold that one for around $250. Then bought another one for the same price and sold it to a guy on here for like $275 I believe when I was hard up for cash. Problem is now that even though the 6 month average for it is around $330, people on EB are wanting between $500 and $600 for it. That's just ridiculous. It's not worth that much.
Yea, I hear ya. It's my favorite print, but I wouldn't go above $400 for it.

omgkitty

Ha! You aren't careful, you're gonna become a flip market unto yourself.

Someone buy 'kitty's Looper now and sell it back to him at 3x the price in a year.

I'm already doing it to myself twice with Iron Giant. Sold it for $95 a year and a half ago and am now looking for one at $450 :\

LaneDS

My dark (no longer) secret shame about my Iron Giant print is that it's the first print I acquired and when I framed it, I got it dry mounted. So its monetary value is nil. Looks great though, so for now, I'm content. Lesson learned.

Sigma722

lol omgkitty...I think you may want to rethink selling things in the future :)

The only thing I've sold that I kind of regret is my Stout RD AP Var, but I don't think I'll ever shoot for a full Tarantino set so, once pulp fiction is released, I'll just stick with that one I'm sure. Kill Bill would be nice too, but probably not happening.

As for tubes... Yeah, I've got a tube graveyard as well. What makes mine worse is back in the day when I was offing a bunch of prints to get my Akira, I had to buy some tubes.. So I have a box of tubes that are sitting there too... And what makes that worse worse, is that they are 3" tubes, which I hardly ever use now, because 4" are safer. So.. there they sit.

krae_man

probably doesn't exist

I just wait for opportunities to double stack Michaels coupons. 50%+25% off? Yes please.

Does anybody ever buy a frame from Michaels at regular price?

krae_man

It's a magical place that might seriously jack up your prints. Wildly varying stories about the quality of framing at places like Michael's and AC Moore.

I just buy the standard size, prebuilt frames. With the double couponning, you can get a $40 frame for about $15.

I had a print with irregular dimensions once and looked at custom framing and the cheapest option was still over $100. I said nope and settled for black bars on the sides with buying a normal dimension frame.

Meier

I can bring in your copy of Paprika REG and/or Var to Austin at the Mondo Disney show if you'll be in attendance. Just let me know. Metal Gear likely won't be done in time, I don't think.
Oohh, you're coming here to Austin? I was probably going to skip opening night because it's such a major clusterfuck but I can probably meet you down near the Gallery. What are your plans?

I just wait for opportunities to double stack Michaels coupons. 50%+25% off? Yes please.

Does anybody ever buy a frame from Michaels at regular price?

I got 3 for 1 a few weeks back. For 24x36s and 18x24s that aren't particularly valuable their off the shelf frames are great. Especially if you frequently rotate. I've has some custom framing done there too, but it's a toss up depending on your location as to whether or not they will jack your prints up. I lucked out. Even with their best deal I've seen (50%+25%) it wasn't particularly cheap though.

newjeruse

I just buy the standard size, prebuilt frames. With the double couponning, you can get a $40 frame for about $15.

I had a print with irregular dimensions once and looked at custom framing and the cheapest option was still over $100. I said nope and settled for black bars on the sides with buying a normal dimension frame.
My jaw dropped the other day when I got a $720 quote for a 36x24. Granted, it was a nice frame, but I never expected more than $400.

Meier

Wow. My Durieux's shipped already. Mondo is on top of their game so far this year!

In this case it was due to the fact it's from a gallery show and they had all the prints on-hand. Shipping delays are often due to them having to wait for the prints to get to them.

Trasher

In this case it was due to the fact it's from a gallery show and they had all the prints on-hand. Shipping delays are often due to them having to wait for the prints to get to them.

They were still quite behind last year even with prints from their shows. My GoT prints took a good while from when I ordered them.

Natlebug

Neo Member
It's a magical place that might seriously jack up your prints. Wildly varying stories about the quality of framing at places like Michael's and AC Moore.

I've had two different Mark Englert prints framed at a Michaels. The prices weren't terrible. Their employees are supposed to help you figure out how much the final product will weigh. From there they can tell which frames can't support the weight of the final product. My GoT Blackwater Bay print started coming apart at the edges because the Michael's employee did not take the weight into consideration

Luckily, when I brought in my Walking Dead print to get framed, that employee chose a sturdy enough frame. They even re-framed the Blackwater Bay print at no cost due to error on their part. Overall my Michaels framing experiences have been pleasent. Double stacking coupons is the only time I will ever go in though.

Sushigod7

I've had two different Mark Englert prints framed at a Michaels. The prices weren't terrible. Their employees are supposed to help you figure out how much the final product will weigh. From there they can tell which frames can't support the weight of the final product. My GoT Blackwater Bay print started coming apart at the edges because the Michael's employee did not take the weight into consideration

Luckily, when I brought in my Walking Dead print to get framed, that employee chose a sturdy enough frame. They even re-framed the Blackwater Bay print at no cost due to error on their part. Overall my Michaels framing experiences have been pleasent. Double stacking coupons is the only time I will ever go in though.

It's really a hit or miss with these major stores I've had bad experience with them.

For those wanting the Ghost in the Shell, this is where.

06x8VrA.jpg

Oohh, you're coming here to Austin? I was probably going to skip opening night because it's such a major clusterfuck but I can probably meet you down near the Gallery. What are your plans?

Arrive Friday in the early morning and get in line. Then leave soon after. Lol. Would love to meet you and other fancy-poster gaffer's in person!

Update on Paprika:

I got the proof in. I absolutely love it. The iridescent makes it a real treat! Going into full production and will finish next week.

Update on MGS:

The variant is ready to go to print as soon as the paper arrives. The paper for the regular will either take a little longer or arrive with the variant paper. From there, after some separation fixes from the printer, it will go into full production.

Meier

Arrive Friday in the early morning and get in line. Then leave soon after. Lol. Would love to meet you and other fancy-poster gaffer's in person!

Update on Paprika:

I got the proof in. I absolutely love it. The iridescent makes it a real treat! Going into full production and will finish next week.

Sweet! If it truly is no problem, I can swing by for the Paprika print. I will probably avoid trying to stand in line, haha. Will definitely be nice to meet you in person and anyone else who will be there. If you're flying back on Saturday, maybe we can try and have a group meet up for lunch or something?

Rinemie

Neo Member
Update on Paprika:

Update on MGS:

The variant is ready to go to print as soon as the paper arrives. The paper for the regular will either take a little longer or arrive with the variant paper. From there, after some separation fixes from the printer, it will go into full production.

Thrilled! Can't wait to show them off!

2/27/2014:

Back to the Future by Laurent Duriuex

29211a6f70590ca94ada9804_533x355.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 36.5"x24.5" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 575. Printed by Seizure Palace Screen Printing. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Back to the Future II by Laurent Duriuex

516fe12185d419a2f6803913_533x356.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 36" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Laurent Durieux. Edition of 575. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom