• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Nice. I've debated buying the Beric Dondarrion one, but can't quite justify the purchase haha. Don't even know what I would do with it. Do people frame them somehow lol?

I was planning on buying a glass case so I can keep it in there and free from dust or anything else that could damage it. I hope I don't have to get a custom case, that would be far too pricey.

My Paprika print came in the mail today and it's fantastic. Thanks again Mockingbird!

I can't wait to see some pics of this print in hand and framed. I think I am really, REALLY going to regret not getting in on it originally. I also haven't seen the film yet so I need to remedy that at least!

I can't wait to see some pics of this print in hand and framed. I think I am really, REALLY going to regret not getting in on it originally. I also haven't seen the film yet so I need to remedy that at least!

I have a few copies left. So if you change you mind just let me know. At this point, combining shipping with metal gear would likely be best anyways.

Also, of the run of 45, numbers 32-43 and number 45 are considered error prints -- though they are part of the numbered run.

Lastly, Hebitsukai turned in the roughs for my next commission. And I freaking love it!

Trasher

Alright, going to attempt to buy one of these Holt Jungle Books off of eBay. If anyone in here wants my money instead though let me know!

Natlebug

Neo Member
So I knew Rhys Cooper was making Game of Thrones banners, never really knew where he was releasing them. Is his website only a store? Or is there a way to be contacted when new prints release.

I just found like 5 new banners today I have never seen. I'd love to purchase these at release, instead of the incredibly marked up second hand price. Any help is appreciated.

gosufailure

Neo Member
I know this question comes up from time to time but I need some help on finding a flat file for prints up to 24x36.

I want to get mine out of tubes and it's already clear I've bought way, way more than will fit on my walls.

Suggestions please.

I know this question comes up from time to time but I need some help on finding a flat file for prints up to 24x36.

I want to get mine out of tubes and it's already clear I've bought way, way more than will fit on my walls.

Suggestions please.

Craigslist is the best place if you want good prices. Highly recommend checking every so often.

Sigma722

Suggestions please.

Yeah. I would just say check CL every few days. I didn't really think I'd find one either, and then all the sudden some engineering firm was going out of business and I got one that holds all my prints for like less that 150 I think.

Sushigod7

Craigslist is the best place if you want good prices. Highly recommend checking every so often.

Yeah. I would just say check CL every few days. I didn't really think I'd find one either, and then all the sudden some engineering firm was going out of business and I got one that holds all my prints for like less that 150 I think.

Yup thats how I got mine as well engineer was getting rid of smaller ones. I got mine for 90 I'm hunting for a wood one now that I can make into a coffee table style with a glass top.

I have a few copies left. So if you change you mind just let me know. At this point, combining shipping with metal gear would likely be best anyways.

Also, of the run of 45, numbers 32-43 and number 45 are considered error prints -- though they are part of the numbered run.

Lastly, Hebitsukai turned in the roughs for my next commission. And I freaking love it!

Holy crap. He turned in the final today. Wasn't expecting it for a while:

title1_zps3144f840.jpg

Asked for some slight revisions though.

Still have my prints set aside? :S

Yeah, of course. Metal Gears aren't printed yet anyhow.

If you decide you would like a copy of Golden Time then just send over a pm. I should be able to post the image in a few days. Because Golden Time isn't a wildly popular show, I don't expect many -- if any people to want a copy.

Might time it with the season finalle.

I was thinking of having the artist do Toradora! next as a complement to Golden Time, so this way there can be a print for both of Yuyuko Takemiya's shows.

That color is looking pretty good, your going to screenprint this thing just for you?

Yes. But if people want a copy, let me know before it goes to print. Size is 13"x10". It's a 5 color screenprint with an additional varnish layer w/ possible iridescent finish.

The next Neogaf commission will be after all the metal gears ship out.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
...wow.

What is that based on? It's beautiful.
It's influenced by a very good friend of his who passed away in I think a car accident. He talks about the meaning behind the piece in Just Like Being There. I'd love to buy it, but damn if it doesn't feel too personal.

3/18/2014:

Frozen by Tom Whalen

c1a97ae30cd804f1b6426e9e_533x799.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 440. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

American Hustle by Matt Taylor

90dfe9bfad3c07007a610c21_533x711.jpg

Poster by Matt Taylor. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Hidden Fortress by Vania Zouravliov

3b6c9fb3b9ad3e78f0e6f65d_533x711.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 165. Printed by Seizure Palace Screen Printing. $45

The Hidden Fortress Variant Edition by Vania Zouravliov

88396e1a2f5e14a65fbe4802_533x711.jpg

Poster by Vania Zouravliov. 18" x 24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 165. Printed by Seizure Palace Screen Printing. $45

theaface

Please excuse the begging, but would anyone please be willing to be a PB for me the Whalen Frozen print?

I have two of his Disney prints on the way and was already looking for a third to hang as a set. Frozen also happens to be one of my fiancee's favourite films, making this pretty much essential.

Of course I'm very happy to reward someone for their efforts if they're able to help at all. Please and thank you!

Meier

Frozen is going to be an absolute bloodbath. Can definitely see that one going for 5-10x the list price immediately. Seems like everyone who liked it is obsessed.

santi_yo

I expected more from Whalen. I love his art and the movie, but I don't feel like buying it. Or maybe it's just my subconscious trying to save money
KuGsj.gif

Sushigod7

Frozen is going to be an absolute bloodbath. Can definitely see that one going for 5-10x the list price immediately. Seems like everyone who liked it is obsessed.

Might get posted on ebay for that amount it won't be selling for $250 to $500 out of the gate but who knows stranger things have happened. If I miss the drop I won't be getting it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
It might be tough to get but I don't see it going for $250.00+.

when the event exclusive ones from last week aren't going for 200, you can bet a new one dropped won't either

(and even the most expensive Whalen Disneys, Monsters Inc and Steamboat are 300ish)

Hmm... If I do go for Frozen tomorrow, the print wouldn't be for me anyways. Was considering getting it for one of my goddaughters since their birthdays are coming up but we'll see.

Meier

when the event exclusive ones from last week aren't going for 200, you can bet a new one dropped won't either

(and even the most expensive Whalen Disneys, Monsters Inc and Steamboat are 300ish)
I think those were all "hurt" by being released together. This may have the same issue though since it's coming so shortly after 4 others. But like I said, Frozen fans seem to be obsessed.

Axiom

I really like the American Hustle and Hidden Fortress designs, but I've not seen any of the films there so I imagine I'll end up saving my limited funds and then regretting it later when I do see the films.

theaface

Could a helpful soul please remind me what's the earliest likely time that the Mondo drops will take place (UK time)? I should be able to plant myself at my computer and try for a print, and just want to be sure of what to expect.

Realistically should I expect to sit for an hour or two pressing F5 every few seconds or so?

V_Ben

Banned
Could a helpful soul please remind me what's the earliest likely time that the Mondo drops will take place (UK time)? I should be able to plant myself at my computer and try for a print, and just want to be sure of what to expect.

Realistically should I expect to sit for an hour or two pressing F5 every few seconds or so?

Get google chrome, install 'Page Monitor', set it to ping the site every 5 seconds, when it dings run to the computer.

Only way to do it.

Time is always random, don't expect it.

theaface

Get google chrome, install 'Page Monitor', set it to ping the site every 5 seconds, when it dings run to the computer.

Only way to do it.

Time is always random, don't expect it.

Thanks very much. Hopefully there's an equivalent for Firefox but I'll give Chrome a go if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom