• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Not really feeling any of the stuff in that Verge preview. Tong's Wizard of Oz ain't bad I guess.

Edit: Frankly, Ansin's print for Prometheus is pretty damn disappointing. I love that movie from a purely aesthetic point of view, and that print is boring as hell. Hopefully he'll have more stuff like the Flash Gordon piece that resembles his earlier stuff.

Alien is made by Ansin as well, right? It looks a lot like the Prometheus piece. Shame both are pretty overloaded with stuff and complicated to look at...
Tried for the Fantasia print but got a cookie error and a phone call at work. Life was against me.
Same for me with the Black Hole. Shit. :(

Omie

For those who don't store in a flat file, what else do you use? A portfolio? Keep them in the shipping tubes?

I use a large portfolio and layer the prints with acid-free tissue and have a couple of acid-free foam cores that I use to sandwich the prints when I get them. I'd advise to not keep them in the shipping tubes and flatten them as soon as possible. The longer you leave them in the tubes, the prints will develop waves that will be hard to flatten.

Check the expressobeans art care section below for more ideas:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewforum.php?f=3

IronRinn

Looks like vinyl soundtrack for Gravity tomorrow:

GRAVITY-LP-600x595.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is there a maximum amount of time, or an estimate, that you guys would hold a poster in the tube for? I haven't gotten around to framing a bunch of mine, but some have been tubed for months.

IronRinn

Is there a maximum amount of time, or an estimate, that you guys would hold a poster in the tube for? I haven't gotten around to framing a bunch of mine, but some have been tubed for months.

I would get them out soon. The longer you wait, the harder they are to flatten, until you get to a point where you have to take them to a professional to get them flattened.

IronRinn

Apropos of nothing: Sale thread has brought in an unprecedented number of PMs...

99.99% of them inquiring about stuff in my collection.

Trasher

I honestly want either Jungle Book from the Disney show. Both are great and both keep growing on me every time I look at them. Maybe the prices will calm down a bit over the next couple months.

ohkay

Apropos of nothing: Sale thread has brought in an unprecedented number of PMs...

99.99% of them inquiring about stuff in my collection.
This is why I made my collection private. I'd post ISOs and people would ask about stuff from my collection instead of what I was offering in the thread.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I honestly want either Jungle Book from the Disney show. Both are great and both keep growing on me every time I look at them. Maybe the prices will calm down a bit over the next couple months.

honestly? my guess is both of those prints are heading up. Market drying up on both rapidly. Holt I think is especially something you should jump on ASAP if you want it.

the Holt bottomed out at 100 bucks in the market saturation, I don't think you'll ever see that price again tho

Natlebug

Neo Member
Just received my copy of Bernie Wrightson's "You're New Around Here, Aren't You" Variant print from Nakatomi in the mail today. Absolutely beautiful, looks so great in person. It's flattening now but I will try to upload pictures later. I'm also interested to how the GID layer will look..

lupinko

Thanks to Rinemie for the RJB Kill Boobseeer Bill.

Now I just have to find a framing place here in Japan that won't be crazy expensive.

Trasher

honestly? my guess is both of those prints are heading up. Market drying up on both rapidly. Holt I think is especially something you should jump on ASAP if you want it.

the Holt bottomed out at 100 bucks in the market saturation, I don't think you'll ever see that price again tho

Hmmm makes sense. Well, if anyone here wants to sell one let me know. I better start checking eBay and EB as well. Always afraid to make trades or sales through either though. Especially EB because there's always threads about horror stories of people screwing them on there. I trust you fine people the most!

Natlebug

Neo Member
Anyone have an idea of how long it takes Ltd. Gallery to ship out prints? I ordered several from the GoT show and I'm very curious. I have an original piece I know won't ship out until April, but I was hoping to see the other two sooner than that. Thanks!

Trasher

Anyone have an idea of how long it takes Ltd. Gallery to ship out prints? I ordered several from the GoT show and I'm very curious. I have an original piece I know won't ship out until April, but I was hoping to see the other two sooner than that. Thanks!

What else did you order? People have been getting shipping notifications this week, but if you got a Drake from the online presale then you will be waiting a tad bit longer since they sent them out to get signed by him first.

Also, which OG did you end up getting?

Sushigod7

I got something else from LTD recently they shipped pretty quick. I do need a few items from the GoT show so bummed I missed the Stacey Aoyama that was a great piece. What did you get?

Natlebug

Neo Member
I ended up buying the following...

Marc Simonetti's Giclee print of the Iron Throne, edition of 25.

Marco Cardonna's Giglee print of Castle Black, edition of 150.

The original piece I bought was Mick Minogue's Khal Drogo "action" figure. Not a print, but I've always loved his custom painted figures. When I saw this was available I had to jump on the opportunity.

Trasher

The original piece I bought was Mick Minogue's Khal Drogo "action" figure. Not a print, but I've always loved his custom painted figures. When I saw this was available I had to jump on the opportunity.

Nice. I've debated buying the Beric Dondarrion one, but can't quite justify the purchase haha. Don't even know what I would do with it. Do people frame them somehow lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom