• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma722

Ideally I'd like something like this:

LYccxCB.jpg

but might end up going with a traditional flat file simply due to the price differential. Here's the one I saw posted:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/fuo/4425382317.html

Also, Sigma, did you want to see pics of the flat file, or pics of the Drake Bebop? If it's the latter, I'll take some after work today to post up here.

Flat file. And that is DEFINITELY not worth 750.

That is exactly the idea I was looking at doing, but finding tempered glass that is big enough to cover it like that glass is tricky. They are likely not using tempered glass, so max that is worth is maybe 350.

Lots of flat files have removable tops, so putting a sheet of glass like that over it is quite simple.

My plan for my flat file... SOME DAY is to cut a receded window slot into a piece of MDF that I will have placed (and slotted so that it rests sturdily) on top of my flat file. I will also paint my flat file, cuz it's an ugly grey right now.

LaneDS

Thanks for the response. Maybe converting one into a coffee table would be a good project to look into down the line.

I had thought it was a fair price (initially) after seeing coffee table/flat file hybrids run much higher than that (like close to $2K new) but the tempered response (WORDPLAY) here has convinced me otherwise.

I will look forward to pictures of whenever your plan eventually comes to fruition!

ericexpo

if any of you guys are in the Philadelphia are my office is getting ride of about 5 flat files. figure i would put it on Gaf before anyplace else. I can take photos if anybody is interested

LaneDS

if any of you guys are in the Philadelphia are my office is getting ride of about 5 flat files. figure i would put it on Gaf before anyplace else. I can take photos if anybody is interested

Totally interested and would appreciate if you could post some pictures!

Bii

It was lagging/having issues for me too before the prints went up. When the prints went up, it was taking a Long time for me to get to the actual product's page. I was fortunate enough to grab Jaws.

Drake red Bebop variant came in today, and looked much better in person than I was expecting.

Unrelated, there's a flat file/coffee table in my area on Craigslist for $750. Seems like a fair price, but I welcome opinions on that. Expensive, but I figure a flat file is a good investment since I don't plan to frame everything (as that'd be even more expensive) and I'd rather not store things in shipping tubes longer than necessary.

$750 is a rip off. avoid. If you want you can probably get one for under $200

keiichi

Any word on when the Craig Drake APs will drop? I NEED that Cowboy Bebop.

Would also be interested in seeing pictures of the flat files

Bii

Any word on when the Craig Drake APs will drop? I NEED that Cowboy Bebop.

Would also be interested in seeing pictures of the flat files

You missed out on HCG's drop? I remember seeing most of Craig's stuff up for a while before they were sold out (except for Lee, that was the first to sell out). Unless you were on the East Coast, then I'd understand.

4/18/2013:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Artist Proof Edition by Rich Kelly

Cap_reg_web.jpg

24" x 36"
Six colors on 100# French Construction Steel Blue paper.
Signed and numbered AP edition of 40.
$90

How to buy online: http://richkelly.bigcartel.com/product/captain-america-the-winter-soldier @ 2 PM EST

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Variant Artist Proof Edition by Rich Kelly

Cap_var_web.jpg

24" x 36"
Seven colors on 100# French Speckletone Kraft paper.
Signed and numbered AP edition of 25.
Metallic layer highlight the Winter Soldier's metal arm as well as some other elements.
$120

How to buy online: http://richkelly.bigcartel.com/product/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-variant @ 2 PM EST

keiichi

You missed out on HCG's drop? I remember seeing most of Craig's stuff up for a while before they were sold out (except for Lee, that was the first to sell out). Unless you were on the East Coast, then I'd understand.

East Coast, and limited internet access at the time :(

Did you pick anything up?

Natlebug

Neo Member
Got my first of two Moss True Detective sets today (not sure why they both weren't together)... No killer print for me. But I love how they look, can't wait to get them framed.

Leunam

Got my first of two Moss True Detective sets today (not sure why they both weren't together)... No killer print for me. But I love how they look, can't wait to get them framed.

This is a thing?

I accidentally ordered both prints separate instead of together in my haste to grab them both. Didn't know there was a surprise print as well. I guess I need to watch past the third episode now. >_>

This is a thing?

I accidentally ordered both prints separate instead of together in my haste to grab them both. Didn't know there was a surprise print as well. I guess I need to watch past the third episode now. >_>

Moss' recent doodle prints have all been timed releases including those. No need to be in a rush.

Bii

The killer prints are being printed separately, so if you receive yours this or next week, you know you won't get the bonus print. The killer print will ship with your set(s). There were 1700 orders so there's a 1/17 chance that you'll get it. Also, there were delays in emailing shipping confirmations, so you can't base your chances off of that either.

I haven't finished watching the show yet. XD

ericexpo

the first set need a bit of love but are in good shape.

the one on top of the black ones is pretty beat up, also i'm taking one of the black ones (sorry)

Bii

Umm, did i miss the 48 hour window on the Jock Batman? Could of swore i could of gotten it tonight

There were some hiccups with BigCartel (storefront that Jock uses) since they were doing maintenance the past day or two. According to Jock's twitter, he had to pull the sale as soon as BigCartel goes back up, which was way earlier than the expected 48 hours. I'm not sure why it needed to be pulled early but any sales that went through will be honored.

tm24

There were some hiccups with BigCartel (storefront that Jock uses) since they were doing maintenance the past day or two. According to Jock's twitter, he had to pull the sale as soon as BigCartel goes back up, which was way earlier than the expected 48 hours. I'm not sure why it needed to be pulled early but any sales that went through will be honored.

Goddamit, was waiting to see if my brother was going to pull the trigger on it but looks like no jock batman for me. Meh, Olly Moss Batman will fill that void

LaneDS

Thanks for taking the pictures! Do you know the dimensions, in particular the ones from the top/first picture? Also any idea how much one of those would cost?

Actually, is the one in the picture I quoted one unit, or split into multiples? Can't quite tell from that.

I have a printer's proof of Mark Englert's New Eden screen print, inspired by Bioshock,
and am giving it away. For free !!! Just a thank you to everyone in the neogaf community.

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

All you have to do to enter, is provide your username, and pick a number.
The print giveaway starts now and ends Sunday the 20th at 11:00 eastern, where a randomizer will pick a number. Feel free to pick up to 3 different numbers.

Natlebug

Neo Member
I have a printer's proof of Mark Englert's New Eden screen print, inspired by Bioshock,
and am giving it away. For free !!! Just a thank you to everyone in the neogaf community.

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

The print giveaway starts now and ends Sunday the 20th at 11:00 eastern, where a randomizer will pick a number. Feel free to pick up to 3 different numbers.

O.O

Wow... this forum truly is full of good people. Do you want these numbers via message or right here on the boards?

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

I'll take... 50, 51, 52. Thanks man!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

You're the man, DB. 69, 14, and 75

LordCanti

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

LordCanti 7, 11, Edit: 29 (someone had 21)

Thanks for doing this.

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

2. Sushigod7
4. Kerrinck
7. Sushigod7
8. Kerrinck
14. Filthy Slug
21. Sushigod7
24. tm24
27. tm24
42. tm24[/QUOTE]
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
84. Kerrinck

Just do me a favor, anyone adding numbers keep it like the above, other wise it will be pure chaos.

Sushigod7

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

Damn dude seriously generous of you! I'll take 77, 2, 21

2. Sushigod7
4. Kerrinck
8. Kerrinck
14. Filthy Slug
21. Sushigod7
24. tm24
27. tm24
42. tm24[/QUOTE]
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
77. Sushigod7
84. Kerrinck

LordCanti

2. Sushigod7
4. Kerrinck
7. LordCanti
8. Kerrinck
11. LordCanti
14. Filthy Slug
20. Suplex
21. Sushigod7
24. tm24
27. tm24
29. LordCanti
42. tm24
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
77. Sushigod7
80. Suplex
84. Kerrinck
99. Suplex

I'll go for 3, 48, and 79.
Thanks for doing this!

2. Sushigod7
3. Iamalegionnaire
4. Kerrinck
7. LordCanti
8. Kerrinck
11. LordCanti
14. Filthy Slug
20. Suplex
21. Sushigod7
24. tm24
27. tm24
29. LordCanti
42. tm24
48. Iamalegionnaire
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
77. Sushigod7
79. Iamalegionnaire
80. Suplex
84. Kerrinck
99. Suplex

Natlebug

Neo Member
I'm going to go with 22, 34, and 44. Thanks for doing this!!

2. Sushigod7
3. Iamalegionnaire
4. Kerrinck
7. LordCanti
8. Kerrinck
11. LordCanti
14. Filthy Slug
20. Suplex
21. Sushigod7
22. Natlebug
24. tm24
27. tm24
29. LordCanti
33. Natlebug
42. tm24
44. Natlebug
48. Iamalegionnaire
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
77. Sushigod7
79. Iamalegionnaire
80. Suplex
84. Kerrinck
99. Suplex

Sigma722

1. Sigma722
2. Sushigod7
3. Iamalegionnaire
4. Kerrinck
5. Sigma722
6. Sigma722
7. LordCanti
8. Kerrinck
11. LordCanti
14. Filthy Slug
20. Suplex
21. Sushigod7
22. Natlebug
24. tm24
27. tm24
29. LordCanti
33. Natlebug
42. tm24
44. Natlebug
48. Iamalegionnaire
50. DrAndonuts
51. DrAndonuts
52. DrAndonuts
68. Filthy Slug
75. Filthy Slug
77. Sushigod7
79. Iamalegionnaire
80. Suplex
84. Kerrinck
99. Suplex

Bii

bioshock-FINAL.jpg

Awesome of you for doing this. I won't be entering but hope the eventual winner appreciates the print. It's really beautiful in person and the metallic ink that's used on the water looks so good, as is the glow-in-the-dark layer.

Clipjoint

1. Sigma722
2. Sushigod7
3. Iamalegionnaire
4. Kerrinck
5. Sigma722
6. Sigma722
7. LordCanti
8. Kerrinck
11. LordCanti
14. Filthy Slug
18. Clipjoint