• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

Sneaky sneaky, Adam!

I heard him telling someone about this as I was leaving the gallery haha. Something about people scrambling once they sent out their tweet. Now I know what he was talking about haha.

LaneDS

Picked up Spike red variant, but mostly out of impulse and it being 2 a.m.

Kind of want to see a Drake print in person to see if I feel differently about his stuff, if that makes any sense (again, 2 a.m.)

Hmm, kinda wanted the blue Bebop print, better decide fast if red is good enough.

Any hints, speculation on the closing show mystery prints 1,2?

Trasher

So while I was at the HCG show I was talking to Craig, and of course I brought up how I got his Daenerys print and that I loved it, but it came to me damaged. He wasn't shocked at all haha. He had heard of a handful of others being damaged in those tubes already. He had nothing but good things to say about the people over at Ltd, but he did encourage them to use better shipping tubes next time. He also told me that he gave up his personal APs for replacements so I should be able to exchange mine for one luckily. Nothing like talking directly to the artist when you have a problem with a print! :p

Sushigod7

Just got up happy to see the prints dropped but sad no Dragon for me. If anyone regrets their purchase of Bruce Lee I'm happy to relieve you. Great stuff the mystery prints are interesting not really liking that idea though not going to jump into purchases.

Trasher

Any photos of the Spike in person? Curious how the metallic inks look.

The metallics shine nicely. Especially on the blue one.

iyKbc52.jpg

Random query, but did anyone here order a Phantom City Creative Mask of the Phantasm print back in January and get one? Haven't heard a peep since the order email and curious if it's just me.

Huzzah, this finally arrived, ordered Jan 29th, shipped Feb 25th, got to the UK just a few days ago (no shipping notice so I had no idea). Came with a £23 customs charge, but it's finally mine.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #6 is all set up. The run will be about 30 I think. It will be an anime print. Screenprint. Aiming for Summer 2014.

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #6: ?????? ???????? by ????? ?????

thusfar_zps41345900.png

Cheska

Wow, Hero Complex Gallery shipped out SUPER QUICK! Buffy and red Spike already en route.

EDIT: Uh, is EB down for anyone else?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
OKAY

Framing, how does it work? I've kept my Daniel Danger piece rolled up in the cardboard tube long enough I think and I'm afraid it'll get permanently warped (if it isn't already) so I need to frame it even if I'm not mounting it pronto. Where do I start with this???

Trasher

OKAY

Framing, how does it work? I've kept my Daniel Danger piece rolled up in the cardboard tube long enough I think and I'm afraid it'll get permanently warped (if it isn't already) so I need to frame it even if I'm not mounting it pronto. Where do I start with this???

What size is it? It it's a standard size you can generally find frames in various framing stores (Michael's, Aaron Brothers, etc). If it's a peculiar size, you'll have to go the custom frame route which is going to be quite expensive depending where you take it.

Sushigod7

OKAY

Just go buy a frame, what size is it? Where are you Canada, US or overseas?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry for lack of details:

we wait out the storm
18x24 4-color screenprint

Is this a "standard size" I can just find any old prefab frame for? I'm in the US, and I have a Michael's nearby.

(Oh god it's curled in on itself)

Sushigod7

Sorry for lack of details:

we wait out the storm
18x24 4-color screenprint

Is this a "standard size" I can just find any old prefab frame for? I'm in the US, and I have a Michael's nearby.

(Oh god it's curled in on itself)

Thats a common size just go pick one out and get some acid free backing for it. Just know that if its up against glass for a long time it might stick eventually so spacers are recommended. I switch out pictures a lot so I don't worry about this but a mat or spacers would be good if your going to leave it for awhile. Don't freak about the curl just lay it out on a table with some games or dvds on the corners and let it flatten for a week or so it will be fine.

Video game, movie, or series?

Anime. The ? may not necessarily refer to the series' name / movie's name.

By the by, for the Ghost piece that was at Hero Complex, Craig barely managed to finish that piece in time for the solo show. I was talking to him about doing a Ghost in the Shell piece before and he remembered and had always wanted to do one so he made sure to get it in for this show, just for me =) Needless to say, it was my favorite piece at the show.

When I asked him if he could've included a third anime character, which would it be, he said Saya from the original Blood: The Last Vampire OVA.

lupinko

Man I wish there was a michaels equivalent here in Japan where I can take advantage of weekly coupons. :/

I don't want to go for custom frames since I don't want anything heavy (I don't want to damage the apartment walls), also from time to time there is the minor earthquake. I had that as recent as yesterday.

I'm looking at amazon and waiting for the ikea to open near me soon. If only I could find the plastic lightweight frames with lexan here. And 3m adhesive strips.

/rant

Thats a common size just go pick one out and get some acid free backing for it. Just know that if its up against glass for a long time it might stick eventually so spacers are recommended. I switch out pictures a lot so I don't worry about this but a mat or spacers would be good if your going to leave it for awhile. Don't freak about the curl just lay it out on a table with some games or dvds on the corners and let it flatten for a week or so it will be fine.
So you don't need spacers and a mat? At the moment I've got a few that need doing and I'm planning on heading off to Ikea and getting some frames then ordering some mats and calling it a day.

sasari

Anime. The ? may not necessarily refer to the series' name / movie's name.

By the by, for the Ghost piece that was at Hero Complex, Craig barely managed to finish that piece in time for the solo show. I was talking to him about doing a Ghost in the Shell piece before and he remembered and had always wanted to do one so he made sure to get it in for this show, just for me =) Needless to say, it was my favorite piece at the show.

When I asked him if he could've included a third anime character, which would it be, he said Saya from the original Blood: The Last Vampire OVA.

The ? may not even refer to the series' name or movie's name?! That's damn near impossible to guess then :D

Give us a clue or something!

Sigma722

So you don't need spacers and a mat? At the moment I've got a few that need doing and I'm planning on heading off to Ikea and getting some frames then ordering some mats and calling it a day.

As long as your mat that is touching the piece is acid free, it is sufficient, but if you aren't using mat it is recommended to have spacers to keep the print off the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom