• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

Just got back from The Amazing Spider-Man and I rather like this print. I think it'll end up going on the wall at some point.

Bii

Just got back from The Amazing Spider-Man and I rather like this print. I think it'll end up going on the wall at some point.

I like it too! My movie theater just left a huge stack of these posters on their concession counter and my girlfriend and I were the first to leave...we should have grabbed more than one each. :p

14087410654_b49510f57c_o.jpg

LaneDS

That's a pretty neat GID print (Trasher's post).

Kind of amazed how many artists they had contributing for that Hellboy show.

Trasher

That's a pretty neat GID print (Trasher's post).

Kind of amazed how many artists they had contributing for that Hellboy show.

Sold out decently fast too it seems. 18x36 is an interesting size choice.

Yeah, that Hellboy show is kinda weird. Didn't think Hellboy even had that big of a following to warrant for a show like this with a bunch of expensive OG stuff.

Sushigod7

Sold out decently fast too it seems. 18x36 is an interesting size choice.

Yeah, that Hellboy show is kinda weird. Didn't think Hellboy even had that big of a following to warrant for a show like this with a bunch of expensive OG stuff.

All the stuff that was decent price went last night. I'm not surprised Hellboy is very popular hell even a small gallery here in Orlando did a show dedicated to it with vinyl figures, paintings etc when the 2nd film came out.

Anyone have any suggestions about flattening out posters? Have a few posters I got a year or two back that have been in tubes that I want to get framed. Will just be straight framed, no mat border or anything.

Bii

Anyone have any suggestions about flattening out posters? Have a few posters I got a year or two back that have been in tubes that I want to get framed. Will just be straight framed, no mat border or anything.

I had to do this for my Olly Moss TDKR recently (had kept it in the tube for a year and a half!). I placed it in between some of those sheets of paper that Mondo posters ship in and sandwiched between two foam cores. I then placed two binder clips on each side and left it alone for a little over two weeks. It didn't flatten completely but I was able to get it into a frame without it bending/concaving.

I now immediately flatten every poster I get as soon as I get them. I don't have a flat file or portfolio yet, so they all go under my bed, for now.

I had to do this for my Olly Moss TDKR recently (had kept it in the tube for a year and a half!). I placed it in between some of those sheets of paper that Mondo posters ship in and sandwiched between two foam cores. I then placed two binder clips on each side and left it alone for a little over two weeks. It didn't flatten completely but I was able to get it into a frame without it bending/concaving.

I now immediately flatten every poster I get as soon as I get them. I don't have a flat file or portfolio yet, so they all go under my bed, for now.

That's one of the posters I'm getting framed, what are the odds. I'll try flattening for a week and see how it looks.

Cheska

Has anyone else been unable to load up EB? I had this problem a few weeks ago, but Twitter suggested I wasn't the only one. However, having these issues again now :(

omgkitty

Figured I'd throw this up here first since I like you guys more than EB, plus the site's down anyways. I only just got this about a month or so ago, but needs arise and I've got to sell it. If anyone here is interested, hit me up. Looking to sell it for $400 shipped.

LaneDS

Can't post images presently, but Hero Complex Gallery has a nice looking set of Godzilla prints from Patrick Connan up as a timed release for the next few days.

Sushigod7

Thanks to deadbolt1388 for the awesome print! The Hau Totoro is amazing as well. Got the Candykiller Blade Runner print in too but came with edge wear booo. Bottleneck made my day! Metallics on the Englert are awesome! Great way to start a week thanks man!

omgkitty

Thought I'd help everyone out here who's interested in joining or already has an account on EB to try and make friends with people on the site. Here's a couple of easy rules to follow:

1. Just because you own something, doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it. If someone sells you something, you aren't allowed to sell it for more than you paid for it, ever. If someone sells you something for cost, you can never sell it. This includes when someone PB's for you.

2. You are not allowed to have a negative opinion about anything, unless everyone else also has a negative opinion about that same thing. Go with the flow. Don't try to stand out.

3. You are not allowed to have a bad opinion about an artist, unless he/she sucks (Morkaut) or he's/she's obviously stolen from someone else (Manev).

4. If you sell anything, you're a flipper. "True fans" never sell prints (unless they sell them through PMs and never tell anyone). If you're a "true fan" of an artist, you'll own as many prints by this artist as possible, and you will never sell any of them. If you've never traveled to a gallery opening, you're not a true fan. Also selling anything above what people consider the "right price" is being a flipper. Selling on eBay is also frowned upon.

5. If you don't PB for someone and then make sure everyone is aware you did so, people will assume you're a piece of shit and that you're a bad person. This is especially true if you ever try to ask for a PB for yourself. You're not allowed to ask for a PB unless everyone knows and loves you, and if that's the case, you never had to ask for a PB in the first place.

Hopefully with some of this knowledge, you too can be loved and adored by everyone on EB!
That is until you find out that someone will hate you no matter what!
Please feel free to add your own advice.

charter

Neo Member
Well, that's...interesting.
Can't really blame omgkitty for doing that; it's just the nature of this hobby.

No, it's the nature of omgkitty. He's been doing this for years. He begs for PBs and hookups and then sells for a profit. Selling a hookup less than 2 weeks later is a turd move. He only posted it here to sell because he would immediately get caught on EB. His daddy won't let him hang art on the walls (this is according to kitty himself) so why anyone would help him in any way is baffling to humanity. He doesn't frame anything.

Also, it's slightly damaged but he won't post that either because he's a turd. He tried to sell a damaged Stout Basterds last year claiming it was mint. He got caught.

This is a person who people donated money to help him get a Moss Totoro. Fugged up world we live in.

theaface

Glad it was able to find a good home! Please do post pics when you have it framed.

Of course. :) I met with the picture framer last week to choose how they'll be done, and I can't wait to see the end result.

Sadly I have to (he's on holiday and then I am), but I should have Aladdin, Lion King and Frozen back in the first week of June. Looking forward to sharing some pictures with you lot then.

Jesus, Charter do you like, not have a job or something? Is your sole purpose in life following kitty around and trying to shit on him?

Anyway I think my LD Journey Var is waiting for me at home. Excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom