• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up with Japan?

I imagine with that country having an actual, life-sized Gundam that was built to counter-attack the North Korean missile threat...

Japan-gundam.jpg

They probably have some special licensing deal when it concerns any and all mecha related things.

IronRinn

I assume it has something to do with the licensing of the Transformers brand in each country. Here in the US, they are made and sold by Hasbro. In Japan it's Takara Tomy. They would have probably had to do a separate agreement with them to release it in Japan.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, here is the final version and it's online,
Sorry for the spam in the last days!

Bought. I've never played the Mana series but it's just so pretty I can't pass it up.

Dimensions are a bit wonky though, what's up with that!?

HTuran

Beautiful, love it! My only qualm is with the title block at the bottom, seems very out-of-place. It's probably just the shadow making it seem mis-aligned.

Bii

I've never seen the movie but the poster doesn't seem appealing to me.

On the other hand, just locked in my copy for the green version of Barbarian Factory/Patrick Connan's Godzilla timed-edition print at HCG. Ends tonight at 11:59pm PST.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Movie is good, poster is not really good.

It's probably hard to create an really iconic poster of Her because one of its defining qualities is the lack of clear visual motifs. It's very much a film about words and dialogue.

lupinko

I assume it has something to do with the licensing of the Transformers brand in each country. Here in the US, they are made and sold by Hasbro. In Japan it's Takara Tomy. They would have probably had to do a separate agreement with them to release it in Japan.

Yeah that's the main reason, and I'm surprised they rereleased that Whalen. I bought that awhile back for a buddy's Christmas gift.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Normally, I'd want to grab a couple of those APs. Scott Pilgrim and Upstream Color in particular. Maybe even Psycho since I missed on that drop too.

But I must be strong. I have bills.

Jhriad

This will teach you to sleep on the Fancy-PosterGAF thread.

80% of the thread activity is about drops that happen when I'm unavailable because of work or prints only available at shows I don't go to. Other than Mockingbird's commissioned pieces (love the Paprika regular and variant btw) it's seldom worth tempting myself with prints I'll never get because of how they're sold.

Posters from Kevin Tong dropping now.

Just got home from work and everything is sold out. *shrug*

LaneDS

Convince me to buy or not buy that Durieux Modes of Transportation set GAF!

I'd like them better if they didn't have things like CALIFORNIA plastered on them (wondering if maybe that's what the variants are, which I'm bummed I didn't know about prior to selling out).

First one looks like it'd be a nice companion piece to my Iron Giant print (still my favorite print I own, probably obviously).

Edit: It's out of stock, so uh, help me deal with my grief?

Trasher

My Englert arrived today from Dark Ink. People weren't joking about how they don't know how to ship prints... Back of the print was just bare against the tube on the outside of the craft paper.

Bii

Convince me to buy or not buy that Durieux Modes of Transportation set GAF!

I'd like them better if they didn't have things like CALIFORNIA plastered on them (wondering if maybe that's what the variants are, which I'm bummed I didn't know about prior to selling out).

First one looks like it'd be a nice companion piece to my Iron Giant print (still my favorite print I own, probably obviously).

Edit: It's out of stock, so uh, help me deal with my grief?

Eh, you might spend less money getting the ones you actually want in the aftermarket.

IronRinn

My Englert arrived today from Dark Ink. People weren't joking about how they don't know how to ship prints... Back of the print was just bare against the tube on the outside of the craft paper.

Yeeeeeep. They've been doing it that way since forever and they seem to refuse to change. Mind-boggling.

Update on MGS prints:

Went in to approve a final sample and it's a go. The prints should be done by the first week of June.

Since it's so close to E3, local pick up at E3 is also an option. Just let me know. Here are some cellphone pics of the Silver Edition. I actually have a final copy of each here, but I don't have a good camera, unfortunately.

IMG_20140514_155608_708_zpsc4d9a590.jpg

IMG_20140514_155620_315_zps58d605d1.jpg

IMG_20140514_155628_314_zps2dd4a54f.jpg

Sushigod7

Trying to plan out framing as well may go with red next to the MGS moss blind boxes (which I want to combing them to the single frame matted). Of course could frame up the silver with a double mat red underneath. To many choices!

LaneDS

Trying to plan out framing as well may go with red next to the MGS moss blind boxes (which I want to combing them to the single frame matted). Of course could frame up the silver with a double mat red underneath. To many choices!

If you eventually go with choice two, pictures please!

Eh, you might spend less money getting the ones you actually want in the aftermarket.

Missed this earlier, but that's probably true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom