• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Do people on EB not sell to someone if they are a "noob"? I frequent EB, but never use the forums (as the people are not nearly as nice as on this one). I really want to purchase a Moss 'The Legend of Zelda' Variant. But no one seems to want to reply. I am not low-balling them or anything. Any reason this is happening?

My experience thus far with EB has been pretty positive. Had a few non-responders, but just this week someone selling a print I wanted pointed me to a gallery that had one remaining for sale, despite the fact I was offering a considerable amount extra for the copy he had for sale (he had decided to hang onto it).

After buying the print from the gallery (so psyched) I exchanged a few more messages with this guy and even offered a monetary thank you via Paypal, which he declined. After that exchange I'm really sold on the EB community, though I know it isn't immune to negative stuff all the same.

LaneDS

This one:

u4heJny.jpg

The Elk Guard, by Daniel Danger

Not like the most sought after print or anything by EB's standards, but it's the reason I joined EB earlier this year and hadn't been able to get it anywhere. So for me, that was the most excited I've been about getting a print since I started getting into this stuff and was really appreciative of the EB member not only assisting but also turning away free money.

Natlebug

Neo Member
You should send feedback requests for all the items you've purchased, that way you have an established track record. EB's feedback system is kind of obtuse. Go to you page, click on Feedback and on that page in the upper right, you'll see a space to request feedback from members.

Thank you for your advice. I did just that with the two members I have dealt with.

Hopefully one of the owners of my sought after Moss print respond back. I'd like to save the $100 that I would have to pay extra on eBay. Thanks for the help guys!

IronRinn

For sale tomorrow, Thursday, May 22nd on Mondo: Elektra by Craig Drake:

629d1c8ecbab83f00e700fdf_533x800.jpg

24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

My experience thus far with EB has been pretty positive. Had a few non-responders, but just this week someone selling a print I wanted pointed me to a gallery that had one remaining for sale, despite the fact I was offering a considerable amount extra for the copy he had for sale (he had decided to hang onto it).

After buying the print from the gallery (so psyched) I exchanged a few more messages with this guy and even offered a monetary thank you via Paypal, which he declined. After that exchange I'm really sold on the EB community, though I know it isn't immune to negative stuff all the same.

I have had an amazing experience on the UK EB thread. Some great people on there, one in particular helped me track down a few things I was after. Having said that this thread is damn good too!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apologies for a bit of self promotion, but Mockingbird put the bug in me and I thought I'd ask here just to see if there was any broader interest.

I'd like to do a poster commission for a piece based on some aspect of Aria, an anime directed by Juinichi Sato based on a manga by Kozue Amano. I would hope it would come out something like this album art:
HRgd9Cpl.jpg

So, something with the main characters with some aspect of Venice/Neo Venezia in the background.

Including myself, there are three people on the anime side who would be definitely interested in doing one, but I understand that we'd need a lot more people to make it worth while. Would there be any interest here?

For me, Aria is one of my favourite works of art and as a television show, it has brought me immeasurable joy and a sense of wonderment that I haven't felt since I was a child. Having a piece of it on my wall, in any form, would be something that I'd love to make happen.

Mr.Jeff

Including myself, there are three people on the anime side who would be definitely interested in doing one, but I understand that we'd need a lot more people to make it worth while. Would there be any interest here?
Would be all over an Aria based poster like a rash.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll chip in on the condition that you don't ask them to include the cat thing.

Apologies for a bit of self promotion, but Mockingbird put the bug in me and I thought I'd ask here just to see if there was any broader interest.

I'd like to do a poster commission for a piece based on some aspect of Aria, an anime directed by Juinichi Sato based on a manga by Kozue Amano. I would hope it would come out something like this album art:
HRgd9Cpl.jpg

So, something with the main characters with some aspect of Venice/Neo Venezia in the background.

For me, Aria is one of my favourite works of art and as a television show, it has brought me immeasurable joy and a sense of wonderment that I haven't felt since I was a child. Having a piece of it on my wall, in any form, would be something that I'd love to make happen.

100% interested in a Kozue Amano poster. I have all of her illustration work artbooks and have always wanted something in her artstyle on my wall.

Roubjon

Are the messages still in your "outbox" or are they now in your "sent messages"? If they are in your outbox, then they haven't even read the message yet. Some people are slower than others at checking that.

EB is apprehensive towards noobs, but it doesn't make as much sense to be weird for a noob trying to buy, since he obv has to send the money first. And if the seller documents shipping everything correctly, and insures it, then he should be safe as well.

Well I guess that's why the guy didn't respond to my query about that Dredd Print. Which sucks b/c damn $80 for it would have been awesome.

100% interested in a Kozue Amano poster. I have all of her illustration work artbooks and have always wanted something in her artstyle on my wall.

As awesome as a Kozue Amano poster would be, the commission would not be Kozue Amano's art; rather, it'd be a yet to be determined artist's interpretation of Aria. I don't think we'd be able to afford Amano, but less have the connections to get in contact with her.

As awesome as a Kozue Amano poster would be, the commission would not be Kozue Amano's art; rather, it'd be a yet to be determined artist's interpretation of Aria. I don't think we'd be able to afford Amano, but less have the connections to get in contact with her.

Yeah, my wording was terrible. I understand what would actually happen and I'm still down.

Sushigod7

Timed Release

Mark Englert's
I'm Here to Rescue You: Tatooine Variant | I'm Here to Rescue You: Endor Variant

This 77 hour timed release begins at 10am Sunday May 25th PDT and ends Wednesday May 28th at 3pm PDT.
The edition size will be determined by the number of prints ordered.
12" x 36" prints will be signed and numbered.

As an added bonus, anyone who purchases one of these prints from Dark Ink will have a chance
to receive a randomly inserted golden ticket* with their order.

edit: This is two separate prints. The reg had GID layers for the Endor scene. What do you guys think?

$50

iExI2mN3MgFcf.jpg

$50
ibeya6mJ158SVK.jpg

Bii

I'm kind of digging the variant more than the regular. I might have to jump on this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: wait, Dark Ink? Don't they have some backwards way of shipping prints?

Sushigod7

I'm kind of digging the variant more than the regular. I might have to jump on this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: wait, Dark Ink? Don't they have some backwards way of shipping prints?

I have ordered a few prints from them no problems, I even got a messed up screen print on one and they replaced with no questions after I sent a picture.

edit: I think I know what your saying though didn't the Englert regs from this series get rolled backward?

I have ordered a few prints from them no problems, I even got a messed up screen print on one and they replaced with no questions after I sent a picture.

edit: I think I know what your saying though didn't the Englert regs from this series get rolled backward?

kraft paper on the inside

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
yeah, Acme/Dark Ink doesn't ship well in the worst kind of way: They think they ship well and are so clever with their shipping... but it's not actually good.

My reg I had to pull out of the tube so carefully because it would've caught on the edge. If they would commit to using like, 20% more kraft, they'd be fine

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
lol that is horrible, my Daniels Star Wars prints were packed normal but that was about a year ago must have some new folks?

nah it's bee going on for a while, they wrap the receipt around the end to close it and tape that... but like the edge of the print sticks out.

they are soooo close. and the funny thing is their way is probably harder than the right way.

Sushigod7

nah it's bee going on for a while, they wrap the receipt around the end to close it and tape that... but like the edge of the print sticks out.

they are soooo close. and the funny thing is their way is probably harder than the right way.

I probably remember wrong then, as much stuff as they ship you would think they could figure it out.

The colors on the ANH var are pretty horrid. I'm debating if I want to pick up the ROTJ to pair with my reg ANH. It would be nice to see pictures of the actual prints.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Dark Ink milking that Englert.

Not digging the Tatooine variant colorway and ROTJ's composition works as a GID layer. Don't think its that good on it's own.

Risible

This one:

The Elk Guard, by Daniel Danger

Not like the most sought after print or anything by EB's standards, but it's the reason I joined EB earlier this year and hadn't been able to get it anywhere. So for me, that was the most excited I've been about getting a print since I started getting into this stuff and was really appreciative of the EB member not only assisting but also turning away free money.

Yay! So glad you got it, I remember you PMing me and asking where my avatar came from :).

Sushigod7

Dark Ink milking that Englert.

Not digging the Tatooine variant colorway and ROTJ's composition works as a GID layer. Don't think its that good on it's own.

I kind of wasn't digging at first because I was thinking the sunset was more like the reg but this matches up pretty well.
iGzw5yrCuwSLY.jpg

HRgd9Cpl.jpg

You already know my stance on this, absolutely interested as Aria has easily become one of my favorite anime since I finished the series a few months back.
Hating on Aria-shacho? SMH.

You already know my stance on this, absolutely interested as Aria has easily become one of my favorite anime since I finished the series a few months back.

Hating on Aria-shacho? SMH.

I kinda understand where that person is coming from. I absolute love all three of the cats, but for a poster like this, that I would be hanging both as a tribute to the manga/anime that I consider my #1 favorite and as a standalone piece of awesome art, I think I'd prefer just the girl or girls with a Neo Venezia backdrop.

I'll take whatever the majority decides on though, of course.

As long as Akari is in it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Poor sachou. :(

I kinda understand where that person is coming from. I absolute love all three of the cats, but for a poster like this, that I would be hanging both as a tribute to the manga/anime that I consider my #1 favorite and as a standalone piece of awesome art, I think I'd prefer just the girl or girls with a Neo Venezia backdrop.

I'll take whatever the majority decides on though, of course.

As long as Akari is in it.

I'll be happy as long as it happens. We are close to half way there in terms of numbers, but I'm not sure where else we can get people. Feel free to spread the word around if you know of other places to do so!

Poor sachou. :(

I'll be happy as long as it happens. We are close to half way there in terms of numbers, but I'm not sure where else we can get people. Feel free to spread the word around if you know of other places to do so!

Already have. I have one guy on the fence and one guy who will almost assuredly join us (and is a fellow gaffer). I just haven't told him yet.

Since there are new people here from the anime / manga board, there is this commission going on right now for us here at Fancy-Poster Gaf. It should go into production soon.

空想都市論 -- Kuusou Toshiron (The Town of Daydreams) by Hebitsukai

43533879_zpsd07dfb97.jpg

Hand-numbered, limited edition 17"x14" Screenprint using UV Cured Inks and a UV Curing machine. Estimated at $30.

How to buy online: Send me a PM to get on the sign-up list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom